Author Topic: 2018 Trade/Free agency rumours, scuttlebutt & innuendo  (Read 118048 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: 2018 Trade/Free agency rumours, scuttlebutt & innuendo
« Reply #555 on: October 10, 2018, 06:25:54 AM »
Hypothetically, if you were tasked with putting together a deal that would see Scully end up at the tigers what would be your offer?
Good question.

Maybe work around our first round pick this year?

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #556 on: October 10, 2018, 07:49:57 AM »
Hypothetically, if you were tasked with putting together a deal that would see Scully end up at the tigers what would be your offer?
Good question.

Maybe work around our first round pick this year?

Would need to be first pick, this year or ideally next year. Giants are asking for picks presumably to rebuild in a strong draft
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #557 on: October 10, 2018, 09:13:39 AM »
Were not getting Tom Scully or anyone else for that matter.  Only thing to happen now is players traded out or delisted due to cap space.  Maybe some pick swaps. 

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #558 on: October 10, 2018, 09:35:31 AM »
Were not getting Tom Scully or anyone else for that matter.  Only thing to happen now is players traded out or delisted due to cap space.  Maybe some pick swaps.
Damn.  :-\

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #559 on: October 10, 2018, 09:55:21 AM »

You might be right, but having said that, what would you offer the giants for Scully?
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #560 on: October 10, 2018, 10:07:16 AM »

way to be a buzz kill, what are we supposed to do for the next week then......

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #561 on: October 10, 2018, 10:22:08 AM »

way to be a buzz kill, what are we supposed to do for the next week then......
Hope I'm wrong as would love Tom Scully but wouldn't be giving a first rounder for him.  Think we would do it for a 2nd rounder if they were desperate to clear cap space and had to. 
However when they reported Harley Bennel being given the flick from Freo I gave up on Trade Radio.  It's complete drivel.  Rather just get the deals as they happen via twitter.
In terms of what to do for the next week, read a book, write a novel, re-engage with family.  Whatever floats your boat.....

dwaino

« Reply #562 on: October 10, 2018, 10:26:14 AM »
As excited as I am about Lynch I’m still concerned about our midfield. To be fair we only lost 4 H&A games and had a stinker in the prelim, but we can’t just expect to go one better again while getting smashed in contested footy and clearances. Essendon lacked inside so they’ve gone for Shiel, North desperately needed outside so they’ve gone Polec and Pittard. Lynch is a huge get but I’m not confident we’ve done enough to address an Achilles heel. Surely there is an early-mid 20 year old fringe inside midfielder on an AFL list we could try for cheap. Otherwise I hope we’ve lined up a draft pick or two for the best inside mids in a state league that could have an immediate impact.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #563 on: October 10, 2018, 10:51:29 AM »
Is Tom Bell or Nathan Freeman worth a rookie pick?  :outtahere
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #564 on: October 10, 2018, 11:05:11 AM »
Is Tom Bell or Nathan Freeman worth a rookie pick?  :outtahere
I would have thought a top 40 junior with a big body would easily be better than both of them.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Shammo80

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #565 on: October 10, 2018, 11:24:32 AM »
SO SOME RUMOURS FLOATING AROUND SCULLY TOURED PUNT RD YESTERDAY????
VERY INTERESTING IF TRUE GUESS TIME WILL TELL ID BE TRYING EVERYTHING TO KEEP OUR 1ST ROUND PICK FOR THIS YEAR

Lebowski

« Reply #566 on: October 10, 2018, 11:39:52 AM »
As excited as I am about Lynch I’m still concerned about our midfield. To be fair we only lost 4 H&A games and had a stinker in the prelim, but we can’t just expect to go one better again while getting smashed in contested footy and clearances. Essendon lacked inside so they’ve gone for Shiel, North desperately needed outside so they’ve gone Polec and Pittard. Lynch is a huge get but I’m not confident we’ve done enough to address an Achilles heel. Surely there is an early-mid 20 year old fringe inside midfielder on an AFL list we could try for cheap. Otherwise I hope we’ve lined up a draft pick or two for the best inside mids in a state league that could have an immediate impact.

tbh Dwaino, Im not as concerned regarding our Contested and clearance numbers. A lot of those were skewed due to the differential in free kicks. In centre clearances and actual ground ball numbers(real contested possession numbers) I believe we were top 3-4 in both categories.

Like you, I'd still prefer another inside bull, but its not a dire weakness

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #567 on: October 10, 2018, 02:07:08 PM »

Totally agree with this! Our midfield is slow and don’t run hard either way! I CANT believe that Hardwick says “contested ball” and all year got smashed there and in Clearances.

Need a hard running, bull! Dusty doesn’t run hard back as he is completely offensive.

I wonder if Prestia can get more out of himself and have an uninterrupted season or seasons?

Is Graham going to be this hard running bull we hoped for despite poor disposal averages?

Edwards is 31 and his finals IMO was very poor! he isn’t going to get better.

Caddy not quick enough for the midfield and needs to play as a big bodied HF!

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #568 on: October 10, 2018, 02:20:18 PM »
SO SOME RUMOURS FLOATING AROUND SCULLY TOURED PUNT RD YESTERDAY????
VERY INTERESTING IF TRUE GUESS TIME WILL TELL ID BE TRYING EVERYTHING TO KEEP OUR 1ST ROUND PICK FOR THIS YEAR
Heard that one just before. Hope it’s true, but I would expect Scully has toured a number of clubs, and have heard him strongly linked to Hawthorn as well.

Plenty of time for this to play out.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #569 on: October 10, 2018, 02:26:10 PM »
We paid Deledios salary or abou 75% of it in his first year at the giants apparently. Maybe the Giants are happy to reciprocate the deal if we are happy to take salary long term. I expect Houli and Grigg to finish at the end of next year that should be about $750,000 in savings
so if the Giants are happy to pay for 2019 we could take Scully.