Author Topic: Deledio re-injures his calf (yet again)  (Read 8568 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Deledio re-injures his calf (yet again)
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 12:39:11 PM »
except he's been battling it for 3 years or so now
I hope he doesn't have Werner syndrome!

Would explain the talk about vitamin C injections
Good point! :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 10:43:34 PM »
AFL clubs confusing the recycling with the rubbish

sportingnews.com
March 4, 2017

There’s some real spite going around between AFL clubs at the moment over being sold duds in the trade period.

It’s been reported how unhappy the Giants are with Richmond over Brett Deledio’s condition, while the already tension-filled backrooms at Collingwood are ready to explode now Daniel Wells has gone from star recruit to liability before he’s pulled on a jumper.

The Chris Yarran experience was a factor in the Tigers keeping quiet on Deledio, and if Fremantle aren’t peeed off enough about Harley Bennell – and they are mighty peeed off - wait until they have a season with, or without, Cam McCarthy.

It’s a whole new ballgame these days as the ‘football family’ has disappeared and been replaced with win-at-all-costs corporations.

So this October, when club recruiters find themselves saying “I reckon we could turn Jack Watts around”, they need to take a deep breath, a quick shot of whisky and get back to studying the best kids available in the draft.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/afl-clubs-confusing-the-recycling-with-the-rubbish-deledio-wells-bennell-mccarthy-yarran/xiw5e9vycmfk1djs83bt10wjg

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 11:53:36 PM »
Thing is GWS, Collingwood and Freo should clearly have known about Lids, Wells and Bennell having well documented physical injuries.

The psychological ones with Yarran we're possibly less apparent and therefore Carlton really screwed us. Need to get them back on this. Trade them Lennon then break his legs the next day etc

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 11:56:52 PM »
Thing is GWS, Collingwood and Freo should clearly have known about Lids, Wells and Bennell having well documented physical injuries.

The psychological ones with Yarran we're possibly less apparent and therefore Carlton really screwed us. Need to get them back on this. Trade them Lennon then break his legs the next day etc
Sorry but I find that a little distasteful. Lennon does not deserve that sort of talk.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 12:46:42 AM »
Geez, whod have thought?

Not this guy

If Deledio goes I am done with following this club.

thanks for following that post. the context of that post was more so I believe he was being traded against his will as he was very vocal during the season he wanted to be a one club player with RFC and the club was using him as trade bait because they were too poo at maintaining a list with currency that they had to offload one of their A graders. I was pretty peeed they would treat one of their most loyal servants like that considering they kept Newman for 2 too many seasons and drafted potatoes like Matt Thomas and Hampson. To be honest I almost jumped ship but then I remembered that I have a man crush on Rance and that he is the embodiment of the Richmond spirit and that there are other things I have to look forward to like Rioli's development, to see if Martin can back up another year and to see if Miles can rebound from having a real ruckman tap it to his advantage.

But back on topic, At this point in time it appears we dodged a bullet and I will happily admit getting this one wrong come season end. I do believe that with Lids is it is quality not quantity and even if he plays 18 games (like his 2015 AA year where he didn't actually play till round 6) GWS could still benefit from the trade.

FlashGordon

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 10:17:24 AM »
There is a moral to this story that all prospective coaches and recruiters should make note of.  Never pick up a top notch player from a team coached by desperate duds with NFI who flog them to near death, desperately trying to justify their coaching careers. 

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 11:09:08 AM »
Most rational thinking people would be more likely to take out of it something along the lines that you should be wary of recruiting injury plagued players in the twilight of their career, particularly those suffering reoccurring and persistent injuries.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 06:43:53 PM »

Sorry but I find that a little distasteful. Lennon does not deserve that sort of talk.

No need to apologise Ray, just some black humour/tongue in cheek banter. Not everyone's taste. Obviously I want Lennon to come good for the Tiges.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2017, 06:48:13 PM »

No need to apologise Ray, just some black humour/tongue in cheek banter. Not everyone's taste. Obviously I want Lennon to come good for the Tiges.

Yeh so we can trade the stuffer and get something worthwhile  in return

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2017, 06:57:00 PM »
LOL at GWS for whinging about not getting another number 1 draft pick on a silver platter. However are they going to survive this ?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 11:29:13 AM »
Geez, whod have thought?

I did and it's just another example of how I'm a forum expert.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2017, 05:57:37 PM »
History repeating for Lids regarding his injury.

GWS coach Leon Cameron said he can't put a timeframe on when fans will see Brett Deledio in Giants colours.

This is what he told AFL Tonight:
It’s really hard to say what the exact timeline is. The best case scenario is Round 1 but he could play in the early part (of the season). He could play Round 3, he could play Round 4. It all depends on whether we have another setback in his rehab.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-daily-live-rolling-footy-news-from-around-australia/news-story/49cf6d1eb39c4de5997a2acd19f2dcbb

Ruanaidh

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2017, 07:41:51 PM »
Older players and calf injuries = buyer beware 😂. Well done tigers.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2017, 10:16:51 PM »
Lids won't play until at least round 8 and maybe even beyond that according to Barrett tonight. It's a repeat of his last couple of years with us.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2017, 01:04:27 AM »
I'd just like to point out that I called it...