Author Topic: Polak bench presses 120kg  (Read 1271 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Polak bench presses 120kg
« on: August 15, 2007, 11:04:41 PM »
Go east, young man
7:26 PM Wed 15 August, 2007
By Greg Lange
for richmondfc.com.au

NO ONE enjoyed the victory over Collingwood last weekend more than Graham Polak.

The former Fremantle player, who has played mostly down back this season, literally kick-started the Richmond rampage by booting the first two goals of the match.

After playing his part in a full-strength and fully-firing Tigers forward line, the Sandgroper says he’s not allergic to the idea of spending more time there in the future.

“It was great to get the opportunity up forward and I would love to keep that continuing later on down the track,” Polak told richmondfc.com.au.

“I had Matty Richardson, Nathan Brown, Kayne Pettifer and Brett Deledio floating around there – all great players who I have a lot of respect for.” 

“To get to play alongside the great Matthew Richardson was one of the highlights of my career so far.”

After being drafted from to the Dockers from WAFL club East Fremantle, Polak was expected to play a key role in Freo’s forward line. But after a five-year, 73-game stint at the club, and just 11 games in his final season, he asked to be traded.

“The opinions of me when I was at Fremantle were that I didn’t live up to expectations. So I came here to have a fresh start and prove to the people who said those things that I still have a lot to offer the game,” he said.

“It was a big thing for me to try and do that.”

Luckily for Polak, Richmond just happened to need a key position player. After 19 consecutive games for the Tigers, with his 100th game on the horizon, the move east has paid off from both an individual and team perspective.

“Plough (coach Terry Wallace) has given me some great opportunities since arriving and it has probably been my best year,” he said.

“It is a great team around here and, considering the amount of wins we have had, the morale is excellent. I can see this side going a long way in the future.”

IF I WANTED TO BE GRAHAM POLAK …

How much would I be bench-pressing?

I am bench-pressing 120kg at the moment. By next pre-season I would like to be up to around 135 or 140.

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=49179

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Polak bench presses 120kg
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »
bloody hell! 120  :wallywink

would not be admitting to that!

tigers need me to get these boys pressing 150kg and above!!!

disgraceful

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 09:16:09 AM »
Fraser Gehrig does about 170kg.

You are right X, 120kg is not all that much. Roughly 1.25 times Polak's body weight I'd imagine.

Tigermonk

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 10:08:14 AM »
bloody hell! 120  :wallywink

would not be admitting to that!

tigers need me to get these boys pressing 150kg and above!!!

disgraceful

120 kgs your right there X thats not much to brag about just goes to show the quality of the fitness & skills staff at tigerland
now l know why our players get brushed aside so easy & cant stand ground in tackles being left on the ground

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 10:14:07 AM »
Fraser Gehrig does about 170kg.

You are right X, 120kg is not all that much. Roughly 1.25 times Polak's body weight I'd imagine.

not boasting, more trying to prove a point that afl clubs esp rfc, are so unprofessional at stregnth conditioning

i weigh 93kg and can bench 160kg. i doubt very much at all anyone in afl who weighs 90-95 kgs can bench that much

i am currently training a guy, 19yo, weighs 85kgs and he is pressing 140kgs, damn great

i have a 39yo female client, she weighs 74kgs, is as fit as they come, only a size 10, but as strong as an ox, she benches 118kg, 2 less that polak! what a joke

Tigermonk

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 10:51:53 AM »
i have a 39yo female client, she weighs 74kgs, is as fit as they come, only a size 10, but as strong as an ox, she benches 118kg, 2 less that polak! what a joke

send her down here l give her one off fitness test  ;D

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 12:37:54 PM »

i weigh 93kg and can bench 160kg. i doubt very much at all anyone in afl who weighs 90-95 kgs can bench that much

Yeah but how tall are you?

There's a fine line between being too bulked up and not bulked up enough.

Polak does however look like he could do with some more strength around the chest and arms.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 01:20:41 PM »

Yeah but how tall are you?

There's a fine line between being too bulked up and not bulked up enough.

Polak does however look like he could do with some more strength around the chest and arms.

im a short arse, 169cm, but in total proportion and just born with great strong genes

my cousin in italy was the  italian bench press champion  and strong man champion until he retired, he now is teh italian national weight lifting stregnth coach. his father my uncle, my father, my grandfather, all held the italian strong man champions title. we have good pedigree in strength, unlike ppl like polak.

im not knocking polak, its not his fault, its the fault of the conditioning teams he has had throughout his development

and no, we dont use drugs! just plenty of protein, pasta and creatine ,milk, water thats it!

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 02:46:50 PM »
Freo would be more to blame than the Richmond trainers at this stage given he has been at Richmond for only this year. It does say he wants to get to 135/140 so there is a plan. You just can't go straight to 135/140 if you haven't been building up.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 02:49:42 PM »
Freo would be more to blame than the Richmond trainers at this stage given he has been at Richmond for only this year. It does say he wants to get to 135/140 so there is a plan. You just can't go straight to 135/140 if you haven't been building up.

correct, the foundations were not built right from the start. its hard to continue building size in footy, being such an aerobic sport. has to me mainly done during the offseason and pre season and then maintained

with hard work, there is no reason why in 2-3 yrs  polak could not bench 150-160kgs

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 03:40:29 PM »
I remember seeing him at Club 80 just after he was signed by us last year and believe me he has bulked up since then.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 07:55:55 PM »

im a short behind, 169cm, but in total proportion and just born with great strong genes

:ROTFL :ROTFL :ROTFL :weights