Author Topic: Alternative guernseys  (Read 140175 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Alternative guernseys
« Reply #255 on: July 07, 2007, 09:16:53 PM »
Ch 10 showed some highlights of the Eagles vs Lions game. Kerr and co look good in yellow and black  ;).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 04:24:24 AM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Alternative guernseys - WA state of origin strip
« Reply #256 on: July 08, 2007, 04:21:18 AM »
What did everyone think of the WA state of origin/reverse Richmond guernsey that the Eagles were wearing last night given it was one of the options as our clash strip? 

Here are some pics of it from last night for those that didn't see the Eagles vs Lions match:
http://aflphotos.com.au/search/results/?q=collection:AFL%20Round%2014%20-%20West%20Coast%20v%20Brisbane%20Lions

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #257 on: July 08, 2007, 08:38:40 AM »
dont like that wa strip

btw, how come collingscum, did not wear a 70's guernsey and just wore there modern day strip

i thought in heritage round clubs had to wear something relating to the era they were celebrating

this goes for the aints too, never saw that strip in the 70s

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #258 on: April 18, 2008, 09:42:41 PM »
Not complaining but have the alternative strips been given the flick this year? The Bombers aren't wearing theirs tonight and if they don't have to against the Saints then why should anyone else bother  ???.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #259 on: April 18, 2008, 09:54:04 PM »
Not complaining but have the alternative strips been given the flick this year? The Bombers aren't wearing theirs tonight and if they don't have to against the Saints then why should anyone else bother  ???.

For 100 or so years there was no issue MT. Sure there are colour clashes but when you think of muddy grounds in days gone by where players were covered in mud yet were able to pass to a team mate and you look at the pristine grounds they play on now, I think the AFL and clubs a re merely using it as another revenue raiser rather than a sensible solution to eliminate colour clashes. Just think tonights comabatants at Moorabbin. Look on the bright side at least Essendon are not wearing those hideous red shorts that they wore in the corresponding game last season. :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #260 on: April 18, 2008, 10:31:58 PM »

For 100 or so years there was no issue MT. Sure there are colour clashes but when you think of muddy grounds in days gone by where players were covered in mud yet were able to pass to a team mate and you look at the pristine grounds they play on now, I think the AFL and clubs a re merely using it as another revenue raiser rather than a sensible solution to eliminate colour clashes. Just think tonights comabatants at Moorabbin. Look on the bright side at least Essendon are not wearing those hideous red shorts that they wore in the corresponding game last season. :thumbsup
I agree HT the clash argument is rubbish and it's more about revenue (which I'm not against as such as long as the alternative strip looks good). I was just wondering why there wasn't a clash strip tonight as I don't remember any announcement that the clash jumpers were scrapped.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: April 19, 2008, 10:03:08 AM »

I agree HT the clash argument is rubbish and it's more about revenue (which I'm not against as such as long as the alternative strip looks good). I was just wondering why there wasn't a clash strip tonight as I don't remember any announcement that the clash jumpers were scrapped.
Yep, agree totally with you guys.  The "clash" strip is nothing more than a shallow excuse to justify more revenue potential to the AFL and the clubs.  I played footy for about 24 years in a myriad of different jumpers, I'm colour blind (can't tell between a lot of green/red/browns and blue/purples) and I never, ever had a problem with confusing colours during a game, not even in the muddiest conditions.  Its a load of crap.  Leave the jumpers as they are and let the code grow stronger based on its roots and heritage - that's one thing that already stands us apart from other codes.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #262 on: July 09, 2008, 02:33:00 AM »
The Herald-Sun survey says the majority of Richmond supporters are in favour of a clash jumper.

----------------------------
The attitude change is revealed in the Herald Sun Footy Fans Survey, which last month sought the opinions of more than 14,000 fans.

Overall, 65 per cent said every AFL team should have an alternative jumper.

The majority of Carlton, Richmond and Hawthorn supporters have long agreed with the need for clash strips.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23990968-19742,00.html

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #263 on: July 09, 2008, 02:54:22 AM »
100 % behind clash strips, just don't think our jumper clashes with anyone  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #264 on: July 14, 2008, 03:24:08 AM »
Here we go again...

The clash strip debate is set to rage on again this week after the Eagles, wearing their navy and gold ‘home’ strip, and Tigers, in traditional yellow and black, produced one of the worst jumper clashes in recent history.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=211&ContentID=84548

richmondrules

« Reply #265 on: July 14, 2008, 07:01:11 AM »
I've always thought the ONLY team we have any sort of clash with is the Eagles. Don't ask me why we have to wear it against Essendon.  ???

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: July 14, 2008, 09:23:52 AM »
I've always thought the ONLY team we have any sort of clash with is the Eagles. Don't ask me why we have to wear it against Essendon.  ???

Nup Essendon will be an their horrible away strip next week.   ;D
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #267 on: December 13, 2008, 05:07:02 AM »
The Roos new "alternative" jumper  ??? for when they play the Pies.

Offline Bene Boy

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • I'm a 2014 member - Are you ?
« Reply #268 on: December 13, 2008, 08:40:39 AM »
are you for real  thats gay
The question we all want an answer too
Are These The Real Richmond Tigers ?

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade