Author Topic: Alternative guernseys  (Read 139221 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Alternative guernseys
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2006, 04:24:56 PM »
"The decision has the potential to upset members who have the right to vote on a change of guernsey," Cook said. "Our legal advice, however, is that our AFL licence conditions override our constitution."

I've heard that before in regards to Essendon's constitution being not worth the paper it's written on. The AFL own the guernseys, logos, etc so what they say goes :-\

Richmond president Gary March yesterday said it was not feasible from a manufacturing point to implement the change for this year.

"We'd prefer to wear our normal strip, but we'll raise it at our next board meeting and with members later in the year," March
said. "The constitution is not quite clear. It's mainly about retaining our black and yellow colours, so we need further clarification from the AFL to what they perceive as being a clash. We don't think there are too many clashes, perhaps against Essendon."

Some AFL rep. on Sport 927 yesterday said the alternative strips will be introduced in 2007; not this year.

I wouldn't be in favour of a alternative strip if it's not yellow and black still. Imagine the Tiges running around in royal blue :-X. In European soccer, often the away strip doesn't contain the colours of the home shirt. 

However my understanding is the AFL have to approve the design (like they do everythng else :banghead) and they (AFL) will only allow a sponsors logo on the front of the jumper to be a certain size and in a certain position (eg where you currently have the Tiger logo)

Well if they are forcing us to go down this path then we should have some reasonable freedom with regards to where the sponsor's logo/name goes on the alternative strip. It's standard to have a simply put sponsor's name across the front of a guernsey in Soccer, Rugby and NRL so it's not a quantum leap for the AFL to follow. Plus if you look at some SANFL guernseys (say Port Magpies) it's virtually a billboard of sponsors above the prison bars. 

MT - you should forward your design the Club  ;)

Will do  :thumbsup
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2006, 04:49:47 PM »

mt, if they do go with ur design, make sure u ask for some kind of royalties or payment as it is ur design!!! :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2006, 06:49:38 PM »
I'm all for a yellow based alternate strip, but the only problem I have is that it doesn't look good with the white shorts.  To overcome this we could incorporate some white in our design to better match the shorts.  Possibly white down the sides with a black border, and/or white borders around the black numbers (like what brisbane and adelaide have) and/or a white border around the black sash (like what west coast have around their gold wings).  Also maybe white borders around the black neckline and shoulderline.  If we were to have the tiger head instead of the black sash, maybe incorporate white into the tiger head, similar to our emblem.

Mighty, could you give this design a go if you've got time.

Something like this?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2006, 10:57:07 PM »
the white hoop is the same size as the yellow hoop and the gap between the yellow and white hoop is bigger. Anyway thats what people were saying a while back. I would however conside placing the tiger logo where the motorola logo is and then place the sponsor logo just directly underneath it. the one thing in this jumper design which is good is that the sponsors logos are really clear, especially the AFG one, and the number is also easy to see.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2006, 11:45:45 AM »
exactly, except the word Motorola is not on it- coz its not allowed to be there under the rules. just the motorola logo under the tiger logo

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2006, 11:50:46 AM »
the old West Australian state jumper was one of my favorites. Yellow with Black sash.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2006, 03:37:53 AM »

Just on this, who would be the best person at the club to contact? Trent Jacobs, Greg Miller, ... ?

The last email I sent asking about Tambo, never got a reply  :-\.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2006, 11:47:20 AM »

Just on this, who would be the best person at the club to contact? Trent Jacobs, Greg Miller, ... ?

The last email I sent asking about Tambo, never got a reply  :-\.

A very good question - will need to ponder :help

The more the the better I reckon :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2006, 12:18:13 PM »
I'm all for a yellow based alternate strip, but the only problem I have is that it doesn't look good with the white shorts.  To overcome this we could incorporate some white in our design to better match the shorts.  Possibly white down the sides with a black border, and/or white borders around the black numbers (like what brisbane and adelaide have) and/or a white border around the black sash (like what west coast have around their gold wings).  Also maybe white borders around the black neckline and shoulderline.  If we were to have the tiger head instead of the black sash, maybe incorporate white into the tiger head, similar to our emblem.

Mighty, could you give this design a go if you've got time.

Something like this?

Great effort mighty, thanks.  I think that'll kinda look alright with the white shorts.

Now could you replace the tiger head with a black sash containing a white border.  And could you incorporate some white around the neck and sleave-lines.  Thanks in advance.

The reason I'm suggesting we add a bit of white to our design is because black on a yellow base looks very bland (just look at the WA state of origin jumper) and also doesn't look right with the white shorts.  some white highlights and outlines would make a world of difference.  Just look at Brisbane, Adelaide and WestCoasts minor changes to their jumpers in recent years with adding a bit of white around the numbers or withinh the guernsey design - it's made them more appealing to the eye.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 12:33:20 PM by Harry Hasselhoff »
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2006, 12:22:25 PM »
the white hoop is the same size as the yellow hoop and the gap between the yellow and white hoop is bigger. Anyway thats what people were saying a while back. I would however conside placing the tiger logo where the motorola logo is and then place the sponsor logo just directly underneath it. the one thing in this jumper design which is good is that the sponsors logos are really clear, especially the AFG one, and the number is also easy to see.

I don't think that'll solve the issue of clashing jumpers.  If anything we'll clash more with adelaide.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2006, 03:39:43 AM »
Now could you replace the tiger head with a black sash containing a white border.  And could you incorporate some white around the neck and sleave-lines.  Thanks in advance.

There you go Harry...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Alternative guernsey letter to clubs a furphy?
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2006, 03:59:59 AM »
I was checking on how the bomber fans were reacting to the idea of an away strip over at bomberblitz and going by a post by Mero (the guy who does the jumper designs at footyjumpers.com ) it sounds like Greg Denham of The Australian may be up to his usual misinformation tricks. Mero said he contacted Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton and Richmond and they all replied back saying there was no letter from the AFL.

http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23541&view=findpost&p=522655

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2006, 12:13:02 PM »

There you go Harry...

Great stuff mighty.  I think that looks good. 

We should design say 4 or 5 guernseys and then vote on which one we like. 

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2006, 02:08:16 PM »

There you go Harry...

That actually isnt that bad a looking jumper MT

well done if the AFL force us to change then that has my vote  :thumbsup
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2006, 04:37:38 PM »
We should design say 4 or 5 guernseys and then vote on which one we like. 

The template used is from Mero's footyjumpers.com site. Then to make those designs I just used Windows "Paint" plus a cut and paste job with pics I had of say the tiger's head and our sponsors. The guernseys are fairly simple to make up.