Author Topic: Alternative guernseys  (Read 139215 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Alternative guernseys
« Reply #390 on: August 21, 2012, 09:39:04 PM »
it is fairdinkum pox...imo, friggen canary yellow outfit...look like a chinese circus performance troop ffs
By the way have you noticed the Hawx clash top, I thought they had stolen our colours and did a double take, I am sure that mission brown gets darker every year, it may as well be black.
Lots of people name their swords......

10 FLAGS

« Reply #391 on: August 22, 2012, 09:48:12 AM »

Great NAB Cup Jumper this one. Would be fantastic for memorabilia possibilities with player autographs easy to read etc. Could also be used in practice preseason games.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #392 on: August 22, 2012, 09:50:32 AM »
Slightly changed your design Mrakov, apologies over the art work, just did this one quickly through paint, but you get the idea.  :thumbsup

Not my design lol. I saw it on BigFooty and posted it.

There's also this one:

This should always have been the clash strip. Its a very nice jumper IMHO.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #393 on: August 22, 2012, 09:54:26 AM »
IMHO I think the time has come to officially adopt a suite of different jumpers. Our traditional jumper for home games, the reverse WA type jumper for away games and even the White one for preseason. At the moment most of the clubs are looking at doing 50-50 jobs with everyone not being sure whats happening from one season to the next. To be honest Im over it. I think we should be the first club to officially adopt the 3 jumper policy. And yes I know I will be in a massive minority but its time for everyone to get more professional at least marketing wise, we dont need any security blankets, We can make this of change and it would make absolutely no difference to who or what we are as a club.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #394 on: August 22, 2012, 10:07:19 AM »
IMHO I think the time has come to officially adopt a suite of different jumpers. Our traditional jumper for home games, the reverse WA type jumper for away games and even the White one for preseason. At the moment most of the clubs are looking at doing 50-50 jobs with everyone not being sure whats happening from one season to the next. To be honest Im over it. I think we should be the first club to officially adopt the 3 jumper policy. And yes I know I will be in a massive minority but its time for everyone to get more professional at least marketing wise, we dont need any security blankets, We can make this of change and it would make absolutely no difference to who or what we are as a club.

Using the yellow jumper for away is a bit much IMO.

I reckon do this:

Home: Traditional jumper with black shorts and traditional 3 hoop socks
Away: Traditional jumper with white or yellow shorts and traditional socks
Clash: reversal of our home with yellow shorts and yellow socks with 3 black hoops
Nab: New design every year
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: August 22, 2012, 10:24:14 AM »

I reckon do this:

Clash: reversal of our home with yellow shorts and yellow socks with 3 black hoops
I'm actually with flagman on this one. Playing a 50/50 split in the jumpers makes sense, and it looks good.

I agree with most of what you have put down Mrakov, with the exception of white shorts and the Away strip. Never want to see us in the white shorts, should be yellow shorts in a clash instance. I propose:

Away: Proposed reversal of traditional jumper with black trim around collar, yellow/black shorts and traditional socks
Clash: Would be the away option with using either yellow or the black shorts to clash less with who we are playing (yellow when we play the bummers as the black is the clashing colour)

Nab I don't care, they can do whatever they want. I only take the Home and Away season seriously.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #396 on: August 22, 2012, 10:39:40 AM »

I reckon do this:

I'm actually with flagman on this one. Playing a 50/50 split in the jumpers makes sense, and it looks good.

I agree with most of what you have put down Mrakov, with the exception of white shorts and the Away strip. Never want to see us in the white shorts, should be yellow shorts in a clash instance. I propose:

Away: Proposed reversal of traditional jumper with black trim around collar, yellow/black shorts and traditional socks
Clash: Would be the away option with using either yellow or the black shorts to clash less with who we are playing (yellow when we play the bummers as the black is the clashing colour)

Nab I don't care, they can do whatever they want. I only take the Home and Away season seriously.

IMO the club will only muck around with the clash.

They won't touch the traditional jumper for home or away

10 FLAGS

« Reply #397 on: August 22, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »
Traditional Jumper+Black Shorts and hooped socks for Home games
Reverse WA Type Jumper+ Black Shorts and hooped socks for Away Games
White Jumper (One designed Above) with Black Shorts and hooped socks for NAB Cup & Practice Games.

Its time to do it officially IMHO. 3 Jumpers standardised throughout the course of the year. Richmond in its history has made changes ie. Thickness of the sash, various Aboriginal Guernseys, ones with a Tigers head on the side. Lets just get 3 jumpers and know which one is there and for what purpose.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #398 on: August 22, 2012, 10:51:31 AM »
By the way have you noticed the Hawx clash top, I thought they had stolen our colours and did a double take, I am sure that mission brown gets darker every year, it may as well be black.

Damn straight. Excellent post.

gerkin greg

« Reply #399 on: August 22, 2012, 10:52:19 AM »
White Jumper (One designed Above) with Black Shorts and hooped socks for NAB Cup & Practice Games.

Its time to do it officially IMHO. 3 Jumpers standardised throughout the course of the year. Richmond in its history has made changes ie. Thickness of the sash, various Aboriginal Guernseys, ones with a Tigers head on the side. Lets just get 3 jumpers and know which one is there and for what purpose.

agree

and mrakov and JVT have been reported for suggesting yellow shorts
enjoy your ban  :cheers

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #400 on: August 22, 2012, 10:53:01 AM »

Those wankers have always wanted to be us.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #401 on: August 22, 2012, 10:53:59 AM »

agree

What's wrong with yellow shorts? Dortmund wear them lulz

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #402 on: August 22, 2012, 10:56:31 AM »

Those wankers have always wanted to be us.

Our club should always keep the bastards honest and make sure the colour's closer to poo brown than black.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #403 on: August 22, 2012, 11:31:52 AM »

agree

Yellow shorts is the lesser evil when compared to white. I don't like seeing any white in our matchday wear.  :shh :thumbsup

gerkin greg

« Reply #404 on: August 22, 2012, 11:36:39 AM »
it's too late for excuses JVT, you've been reported  :police: