Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 427932 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2011, 11:28:43 PM »
Had a man crush on heppel predraft as
I thought he sounded like he'd slot in well. To see him in a essendon jumper is sickening. I wish him no luck in life. 

Conca looks a jet. Stoked how he looked vs Carlton.

That is an awful thing to say about Heppell. :banghead
Doesn't matter if he is lining up for whoever. I wish him well in his life and at his footy club.... and I hope Conca plays better and better each week and becomes part of multiple Richmond Premierships in the future.

I get the feeling as well that we may have picked a real star in him. :gotigers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2011, 01:22:31 AM »
Had a man crush on heppel predraft as
I thought he sounded like he'd slot in well. To see him in a essendon jumper is sickening. I wish him no luck in life.  

Conca looks a jet. Stoked how he looked vs Carlton.

That is an awful thing to say about Heppell. :banghead
Doesn't matter if he is lining up for whoever. I wish him well in his life and at his footy club.... and I hope Conca plays better and better each week and becomes part of multiple Richmond Premierships in the future.

Agree Tucker. Not one of your best posts Bents. Love to have the guy at Richmond but reality says you can't have all the best players.  Good luck to him.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2011, 11:55:08 AM »
I'm still pinching myself this kid was still available at 6...dunno how we keep getting away with it :cheers

wce might look stilly if gaff struggles ad the local lad conca keeps going good

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2011, 07:16:44 PM »
My opinion and its only my opinion before some start abusing me is that i dont believe he was worthy of a top 6.

We had options, sure and secure options yet we went for a bloke who was never in anyones top 20 calculations. Big risk if you ask me and last time i checked we are not in a position to take risks.

We were most definately in a position to take a bloke like Heppell a perfect size for a midfielder/KPP yet we chose a guy who is barely 6 foot and dare i say yet another half bank flanker type

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

tony_montana

« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2011, 07:21:45 PM »
My opinion and its only my opinion before some start abusing me is that i dont believe he was worthy of a top 6.

We had options, sure and secure options yet we went for a bloke who was never in anyones top 20 calculations. Big risk if you ask me and last time i checked we are not in a position to take risks.

We were most definately in a position to take a bloke like Heppell a perfect size for a midfielder/KPP yet we chose a guy who is barely 6 foot and dare i say yet another half bank flanker type

Heppell will be a star, but wouldnt worry about Conca, limited pre season so will get plenty better as the season progresses. At times shows some fine glimpses, hits the ball hard and flies through packs in full flight which is a good sign. Doing it tough now, but character building  :P

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2011, 07:22:37 PM »
He'll be alright, he's a midfielder only playing back to learn some defensive skills and because he's not fit enough to play midfield yet.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2011, 07:25:57 PM »

Heppell will be a star, but wouldnt worry about Conca, limited pre season so will get plenty better as the season progresses. At times shows some fine glimpses, hits the ball hard and flies through packs in full flight which is a good sign. Doing it tough now, but character building  :P

Like i said my opinion and to be honest i hope im wrong but i dont see anything to suggest he is in the calibre of Heppell which is exactly who we should've selected when polec was taken by the Lions.

It was a massive risk and i hope they got it right

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

tony_montana

« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2011, 07:30:14 PM »

Like i said my opinion and to be honest i hope im wrong but i dont see anything to suggest he is in the calibre of Heppell which is exactly who we should've selected when polec was taken by the Lions.

You wont get any arguments from me mate, i have publicly said before draft time that heppell and darling impressed me most and was dissapointed we didnt take one of those 2 with our first pick. But Conca goes alright and may not be too far behind them - will definitely be a good footballer - not worried about making a dud choice.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2011, 09:01:55 PM »
conc has shown some genuine glimpses of star potential, he has been given some BIG jobs folks...it will get easier...maybe give him a breather in ressies or back him to take a step up once we start playing the middleweight sides
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2011, 12:42:04 AM »
Its a tough one.

Sean Atley looked like an absolute jet, but hasn't impressed at all for North yet.
Ben Cunnington aswell was pick 5 last year and has not set alight yet.

Pick 6 vs Pick 8 stuff is endless, as long as your pick fits in your best 22 thats what you aim for. If you miss out on a superstar well thats just bad luck.
Go Tigers!

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2011, 01:38:15 AM »

LoL Heppell, fast becoming the most over rated 3 game youngster to ever play the game.

Have you even watched Heppell play?? At all??

I've watched him very closely and let me tell you we aint missing out on anything here, the kid is being used as a loose man in the backline with no direct opponent to closely check.

Any kid can gather possessions playing that role, and mind you when he does gather his possessions a lot of them are dinky roundabout handballs or long bombs to a contest.

Conca, has shown x1000 more composure, skill, defensive effort and and class then Heppell has.

I'm 200% positive that when we have the option of being able to play our best defenders that Conca will be played in the Midfield/Wing role.

PS: Heppell is a poor mans Batchelor.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2011, 05:02:14 AM »
Alot of us including myself backed in the Greg Miller/ Terry Wallace bulldust for 5 years. We find out that they took players from rumour and speculation without actually looking at them play ie JON.
We now have what looks like a proffessional off-field team led by Benny Gale. We have full time recruiters and staff. We have a committed coach with a blue print for success. No shortcuts.
I'm willing to give this new lot a fair go.

In Hardwick we trust. :gotigers 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2011, 08:52:43 AM »
I havn't seen Conca do anything special yet either to be honest, he has a looong way to go.  Just taking my tiger goggles off.
Lots of people name their swords......

tony_montana

« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2011, 12:14:06 PM »

LoL Heppell, fast becoming the most over rated 3 game youngster to ever play the game.

Have you even watched Heppell play?? At all??

I've watched him very closely and let me tell you we aint missing out on anything here, the kid is being used as a loose man in the backline with no direct opponent to closely check.

Any kid can gather possessions playing that role, and mind you when he does gather his possessions a lot of them are dinky roundabout handballs or long bombs to a contest.

Conca, has shown x1000 more composure, skill, defensive effort and and class then Heppell has.

I'm 200% positive that when we have the option of being able to play our best defenders that Conca will be played in the Midfield/Wing role.

PS: Heppell is a poor mans Batchelor.

dont be a goose, anybody with half a brain can see the kid oozes class. His decision making and composure  is insane for one so young. He was directing traffic yesterday nuff said. You really need to take those goggles off mate, ridiculous post

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2011, 03:09:20 PM »
Hardwick ... stop playing Conca in the backline and put him in the midfield!

get Conca on the wing!