Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 427932 times)

the claw

Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #300 on: July 29, 2011, 07:10:39 PM »

Not even going to bite> FJ is an Fwit!

You base that on what?
Hey Smokey, posted this list before so it has the 04 draft included in it but you may still get the picture

2004  (first pick was Lids)
Tambling    - Gone and poohouse                       
Meyer  -  Gone
Pattison   -  Gone
Polo    - Gone
McGuane   - solid at best
Limbach    -  Who??
Mark Graham    Gone/enough said
2005    (JON)
Hughes   -  Gone
Casserly     -   Gone
2006     (Jack)
Edwards    -    No good
Conners   -   Out this week and probably in the last 5 picked in OUR side every week
Peterson  -  Gone
Collins  -   Gone
2007     (Cotchin)
Rance   -   will be a good player
Putt    -  Gone
2008      (Vickory))
Post   -  Will not make it
Hislop   -   Got to be joking!!!!
2009    (Martin)
Griffiths   -   Ok signs but not holding my breath
Astbury  -  Over rated and personally don’t think will be anything
Dea    -    Cannot see it
Taylor   -   Got to hard- Gone
Webberley  -   VFL footballer
Nason  -   Skinny, weak, wouldn’t get a game for Balwyn
Nahas  -  Good tryer, but can see why most dislike him
Browne  -   Slow, cannot see him making it
2010      (Conca)
Batchelor  -  may be OK, early signs are good but seen it before
Helbig   -   Like the kid but just a good hard at it player, no real skill
MacDonald   -   not sure
Derickx   -   not sure
Gourdis    Gone at the end of the year

Now my point was "without including our first round draft pick (which i think has been really good, except JON) we have drafted poorly"
Thats why i think FJ is an Fwit

not a bad analysis. personally not prepared to really  pass judgment  on any kid after 07. so for me jackson has been a failure in his first 3 drafts 05,06,07. to me rance is another i would put in the suspect list.
will say at this stage 08 looks like we will get just 1 decent player from it. i think the first 4 picks from 09 look promising as does grimes taken psd.

will also say 2010 looks promising with conca batchelor helbig showing something already and too early to make a call on others.my gripe with 2010 is where we took players. personally i thought batchelor would be there much later and a lot of others thought that way as well. personally i had heppel 8. was torn between 4 or 5 mids which included hallahan parker horlin-smith,fasolo and michie at 30,  but opted for  pat mccarthy and list structure . batchelor i will argue to the cows come home would have been available at 47.litherland and johnson two talls are players i would have taken instead of macdonald at 51 who i believe would have lasted to the rookie draft or at least to 63 or 79. its a draft where we have imo picked up some decent players i really think we could have done much better in the way we went about it.
overall i reckon we have a base of 15 long term players i say 15 based on strengths weaknesses some of them have not proven a thing to date.

gerkin greg

« Reply #301 on: July 29, 2011, 09:27:35 PM »
i don't mind taking players early if they are good players, better than missing out on them
i know we wanted conca, batch & helbig and landed them all
that's gotta be a win
agree on mcdonald

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #302 on: July 29, 2011, 09:39:18 PM »
Humorous the guy has played less than 20 AFL games, has a NAB rising star nomination.

Will be a solid player for +200 games. Won't win a brownlow if that is what everyone is expecting.

got a crystal ball hey, with oyur track record , that'll mean he prob win 10 :lol

Care to explain that comment?
Or are we just throwing snips here and there?

you're the master of the BIG call pope, to suggest how a kids career will unfold prior to playing 20 games is outrageous ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #303 on: July 30, 2011, 03:55:07 AM »
Just on the first year players like Conca, I think the long AFL season caught up with them by the halfway point and it's one of the reasons we've struggled in the second half of the season (lack of depth). Mind you last week was probably Conca's best game since the first half of the year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #304 on: July 30, 2011, 12:05:09 PM »

You base that on what?
Hey Smokey, posted this list before so it has the 04 draft included in it but you may still get the picture

Meyer  -  Gone
Pattison   -  Gone
Polo    - Gone
Limbach    -  Who??
2005    (JON)
Hughes   -  Gone
Casserly     -   Gone
2006     (Jack)
Edwards    -    No good
Conners   -   Out this week and probably in the last 5 picked in OUR side every week
Peterson  -  Gone
Collins  -   Gone
2007     (Cotchin)
Putt    -  Gone
2008      (Vickory))
2009    (Martin)
2010      (Conca)
MacDonald   -   not sure
Derickx   -   not sure

Now my point was "without including our first round draft pick (which i think has been really good, except JON) we have drafted poorly"

not a bad analysis. personally not prepared to really  pass judgment  on any kid after 07. so for me jackson has been a failure in his first 3 drafts 05,06,07. to me rance is another i would put in the suspect list.
will say at this stage 08 looks like we will get just 1 decent player from it. i think the first 4 picks from 09 look promising as does grimes taken psd.

will also say 2010 looks promising with conca batchelor helbig showing something already and too early to make a call on others.my gripe with 2010 is where we took players. personally i thought batchelor would be there much later and a lot of others thought that way as well. personally i had heppel 8. was torn between 4 or 5 mids which included hallahan parker horlin-smith,fasolo and michie at 30,  but opted for  pat mccarthy and list structure . batchelor i will argue to the cows come home would have been available at 47.litherland and johnson two talls are players i would have taken instead of macdonald at 51 who i believe would have lasted to the rookie draft or at least to 63 or 79. its a draft where we have IMO picked up some decent players i really think we could have done much better in the way we went about it.
overall i reckon we have a base of 15 long term players i say 15 based on strengths weaknesses some of them have not proven a thing to date.
Think i may have read it wrong but did you say-
08, 1 decent player??? Post??? If you cannot tell this kid will not make it then you have no idea. Agreed he deserves more time, but its not looking good
The first 4 picks of 09 look promising???? Griffiths, looks like he might be something but still really, really early to tell.
Astbury, IMO will not make it. Slow, cannot defend, isn't a great grab, slow to make decisions. I know this is an early call but it is how i see it. Would be over the moon to be wrong but to be honest cannot see it.
Dea, IMO from what i have seen, will not make it. Would have been the perfect kid to put on your rookie list, not draft in the 3rd round!
Taylor, well do i have to even comment! Potential is one thing but becoming a valuable player for the club is another.
Both those drafts are a disgrace!

the claw

« Reply #305 on: July 30, 2011, 01:36:37 PM »

You base that on what?

Meyer  -  Gone
Pattison   -  Gone
Polo    - Gone
Limbach    -  Who??
2005    (JON)
Hughes   -  Gone
Casserly     -   Gone
2006     (Jack)
Edwards    -    No good
Peterson  -  Gone
Collins  -   Gone
2007     (Cotchin)
Putt    -  Gone
2008      (Vickory))
2009    (Martin)
2010      (Conca)
MacDonald   -   not sure
Derickx   -   not sure

will also say 2010 looks promising with conca batchelor helbig showing something already and too early to make a call on others.my gripe with 2010 is where we took players. personally i thought batchelor would be there much later and a lot of others thought that way as well. personally i had heppel 8. was torn between 4 or 5 mids which included hallahan parker horlin-smith,fasolo and michie at 30,  but opted for  pat mccarthy and list structure . batchelor i will argue to the cows come home would have been available at 47.litherland and johnson two talls are players i would have taken instead of macdonald at 51 who i believe would have lasted to the rookie draft or at least to 63 or 79. its a draft where we have IMO picked up some decent players i really think we could have done much better in the way we went about it.
08, 1 decent player??? Post??? If you cannot tell this kid will not make it then you have no idea. Agreed he deserves more time, but its not looking good
The first 4 picks of 09 look promising???? Griffiths, looks like he might be something but still really, really early to tell.
Astbury, IMO will not make it. Slow, cannot defend, isn't a great grab, slow to make decisions. I know this is an early call but it is how i see it. Would be over the moon to be wrong but to be honest cannot see it.
Dea, IMO from what i have seen, will not make it. Would have been the perfect kid to put on your rookie list, not draft in the 3rd round!
Taylor, well do i have to even comment! Potential is one thing but becoming a valuable player for the club is another.
wasnt vickery taken in 08 at 8.  and agree post needs more time while concerned im not prepared to write him off just yet. i think if hes where he is now at the end of next yr he will be in the gun.

as stated i think 09 and 10 promising not prepared to pass judgement on those taken. unlike you i like the look of dea. and i reckon both astbury and griffiths while doing little have shown enough to suggest they may be decent picks.these 3 have had their fair share of injury as well. griffiths is not one i would have taken at 19 but we have him and we have to give him every opportunity to either succeed or fail in a reasonable time frame.
 i disagree on astburys pace. i think he has both reasonable pace and agility i also think him a forward. for me with these big blokes its a matter in the first two or 3 seasons to get a bit of size and strength into them before i expect them to really compete.as i said too early to make a judgment.
do i have concerns just like you yes i do but i do think we have to be patient and give whatever kids we take a reasonable amount of time and factor in things like injury size position etc.
based on giving all recrits a reasonable amount of time im only prepared to pass judgment on jacksons 05 06 07 and next yr 08.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #306 on: July 30, 2011, 02:55:41 PM »
rance is suspect? What other key talls backs in similar age range or young mr claw do you rate superior prospects to one Alex rance. ?

You base that on what?

Meyer  -  Gone
Pattison   -  Gone
Polo    - Gone
Limbach    -  Who??
2005    (JON)
Hughes   -  Gone
Casserly     -   Gone
2006     (Jack)
Edwards    -    No good
Peterson  -  Gone
Collins  -   Gone
2007     (Cotchin)
Putt    -  Gone
2008      (Vickory))
2009    (Martin)
2010      (Conca)
MacDonald   -   not sure
Derickx   -   not sure

will also say 2010 looks promising with conca batchelor helbig showing something already and too early to make a call on others.my gripe with 2010 is where we took players. personally i thought batchelor would be there much later and a lot of others thought that way as well. personally i had heppel 8. was torn between 4 or 5 mids which included hallahan parker horlin-smith,fasolo and michie at 30,  but opted for  pat mccarthy and list structure . batchelor i will argue to the cows come home would have been available at 47.litherland and johnson two talls are players i would have taken instead of macdonald at 51 who i believe would have lasted to the rookie draft or at least to 63 or 79. its a draft where we have imo picked up some decent players i really think we could have done much better in the way we went about it.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #307 on: July 30, 2011, 04:26:53 PM »

You base that on what?

Meyer  -  Gone
Pattison   -  Gone
Polo    - Gone
Limbach    -  Who??
2005    (JON)
Hughes   -  Gone
Casserly     -   Gone
2006     (Jack)
Edwards    -    No good
Peterson  -  Gone
Collins  -   Gone
2007     (Cotchin)
Putt    -  Gone
2008      (Vickory))
2009    (Martin)
2010      (Conca)
MacDonald   -   not sure
Derickx   -   not sure

wasnt vickery taken in 08 at 8.  and agree post needs more time while concerned im not prepared to write him off just yet. i think if hes where he is now at the end of next yr he will be in the gun.

as stated i think 09 and 10 promising not prepared to pass judgement on those taken. unlike you i like the look of dea. and i reckon both astbury and griffiths while doing little have shown enough to suggest they may be decent picks.these 3 have had their fair share of injury as well. griffiths is not one i would have taken at 19 but we have him and we have to give him every opportunity to either succeed or fail in a reasonable time frame.
 i disagree on astburys pace. i think he has both reasonable pace and agility i also think him a forward. for me with these big blokes its a matter in the first two or 3 seasons to get a bit of size and strength into them before i expect them to really compete.as i said too early to make a judgment.
do i have concerns just like you yes i do but i do think we have to be patient and give whatever kids we take a reasonable amount of time and factor in things like injury size position etc.
based on giving all recrits a reasonable amount of time im only prepared to pass judgment on jacksons 05 06 07 and next yr 08.
Yer on Vickory, got this post from a thread earlier in the year where i was stating 'other than our first picks in those drafts how bad we had done in drafting players since 04'
Fair enough on the other stuff.... only time will tell and im hoping im wrong on my thoughts on Dea, Post and Astbury  :pray

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: August 07, 2011, 07:26:45 PM »
yep il call it now as i did 6 months ago another mistake IMO from the RFC

average size player who seems slow

Another Farmer

why we took a risk on this guy is beyond me. We werent in a position to take risks yet we did on your dime a dozen small/med players
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

« Reply #309 on: August 07, 2011, 07:28:23 PM »

Another Farmer

why we took a risk on this guy is beyond me. We werent in a position to take risks yet we did on your dime a dozen small/med players

still only 18 FFS

Ox

« Reply #310 on: August 07, 2011, 07:32:05 PM »
2 early and nobody is as shi† as the farmers daughter!!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #311 on: August 07, 2011, 07:34:44 PM »

Another Farmer

lol you gotta be kiddin....
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #312 on: August 07, 2011, 07:36:14 PM »

Another Farmer

still only 18 FFS

We agree for the 3rd time.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #313 on: August 07, 2011, 08:39:23 PM »
like i said IMO and il stand by that.

the bloke reminds me of a cross between Free/Banik and Farmer.

Yes i know his 18 yes i know his first year but this is a thread and he looks too small and slow for my liking

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #314 on: August 07, 2011, 08:46:46 PM »
Conca had a limited pre season due to injury and still his work ethic would put a lot of our seasoned players to shame. Runs well, kicks the ball very well and understands and reads the game better than most of our list. I think he is a keeper and will be a solid player for us in the coming years.