Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 427905 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #1980 on: March 05, 2016, 11:43:37 PM »
I think Conca will be very serviceable this year. My gut tells me his gut has slimmed down a bit and he will be able to run out matches and provide the grunt/contested ground ball gets our team lacks at times.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1981 on: March 06, 2016, 12:16:30 AM »
The grunt that is lacked is attributed to conca under achieving in the first place.
The team lack it because of him so he can he be a solution when he's the problem ?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1982 on: March 06, 2016, 12:54:34 PM »
Reece looks as fit as he has ever been.

He has always provided grunt.

His problem is more of being able to hit targets on a consistent basis. He has had very little continuity in his football for 2 years so his confidence is still down which may have exacerbated this problem.

He owes the club big time. He needs to perform.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

1980 I Was There

« Reply #1983 on: March 09, 2016, 01:34:03 PM »
Can anyone tell me what they really think of Conca. Even since he king hit that opposition player, I don't care much for watching him any more,  so I  kind of ignore everything he does.
I'm sure this has been talked about before, but it's  a long thread and too much to read it all.
Is he an asset to Richmond or not?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1984 on: March 09, 2016, 01:38:38 PM »
Can anyone tell me what they really think of Conca. Even since he king hit that opposition player, I don't care much for watching him any more,  so I  kind of ignore everything he does.
I'm sure this has been talked about before, but it's  a long thread and too much to read it all.
I am sure Big Tone won't me pointing you to his posts on this thread. Imo they are all pretty much spot on.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1985 on: March 09, 2016, 02:00:36 PM »

King hit now that is an overstatement.

The gutless GWS player ran away Conca just ran after an tried to elbow him in the back and ended up hitting him in the neck.

Got two weeks for it end of story.

You would have preferred him to hold hands and sing Kum-by-ah?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1986 on: March 09, 2016, 02:09:28 PM »

King hit now that is an overstatement.

The gutless GWS player ran away Conca just ran after an tried to elbow him in the back and ended up hitting him in the neck.

Got two weeks for it end of story.

You would have preferred him to hold hands and sing Kum-by-ah?

Only issue I had with it was he didnt hit the stuff wit hard enough

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1987 on: March 09, 2016, 04:11:01 PM »
Pros: Good evasion, hard at it, decent extractor, capable of very good passes by foot.

Cons: Undisciplined, inconsistent and overall a poor kick, poor handballer - overhits, not a clean, one-touch player, below par decision maker, error prone, lacks composure, doesn't play percentages, misses tackles, despite the steal for the goal in the EF, he more often than not loses crucial one on one contests, gets into poor positions, loses his feet, not a particularly good mark.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

1980 I Was There

« Reply #1988 on: March 09, 2016, 05:36:01 PM »
Pros: Good evasion, hard at it, decent extractor, capable of very good passes by foot.

Cons: Undisciplined, inconsistent and overall a poor kick, poor handballer - overhits, not a clean, one-touch player, below par decision maker, error prone, lacks composure, doesn't play percentages, misses tackles, despite the steal for the goal in the EF, he more often than not loses crucial one on one contests, gets into poor positions, loses his feet, not a particularly good mark.
Pretty much what I've been reading on here and other places as when.
Just wanted to hear it up front.
Basically, missing nuthin.
Cheers mate.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #1989 on: March 09, 2016, 05:40:27 PM »

Pretty much what I've been reading on here and other places as when.
Just wanted to hear it up front.
Basically, missing nuthin.
Cheers mate.

geez are you a sheep or what

go and watch the replay of Conca's game against the Hawks last year, pretty plain to see why they wanted him in the final side

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1990 on: March 09, 2016, 05:46:50 PM »
 Do you think perhaps in that match he mainly played to the strengths I mentioned? He's probably had a handful of good matches, but yes you keep telling us how they cancel out the far more frequent average & sub-par performances he's served up....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #1991 on: March 09, 2016, 05:50:06 PM »
Do you think perhaps in that match he played to the strengths I mentioned? He's probably had a handful of good matches, but yes you keep telling us how they cancel out the far more frequent average & sub-par performances he's served up....

meant to quote the other poster not you

1980 I Was There

« Reply #1992 on: March 09, 2016, 06:03:50 PM »
Do you think perhaps in that match he played to the strengths I mentioned? He's probably had a handful of good matches, but yes you keep telling us how they cancel out the far more frequent average & sub-par performances he's served up....

meant to quote the other poster not you
Was going to say something similar, baaaart thought that was bleeting better  :thumbsup

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1993 on: March 09, 2016, 06:29:28 PM »
The Conca turn over that cost us a goal in the Elimination Final ( and possibly the match) .....I thought Houli could of made a better effort in marking that ball.

http://youtu.be/7XwAL8xp-4w

5 min 35 sec .....watch and make your own decision.
Unleash the tornado

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1994 on: March 09, 2016, 06:51:44 PM »
It was Concas fault we lost the match as he did stuffall in the first half. :lol :lol :lol

No in all seriousness Conca's one mistake had little bearing on the result, when North started kicking straight we were toast.