Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt on RSN / Young cubs drive older Tigers  (Read 826 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jack Riewoldt on RSN / Young cubs drive older Tigers
« on: February 24, 2021, 03:19:08 PM »
Jack Riewoldt on RSN BREAKFAST CLUB

Will the Tigers go 3 in a row in 2021? They're primed and ready for a big tilt at it, the season kicks off in 3 weeks time with Richmond set to face Carlton at the MCG, and the potential of unfurling 2 flags. Jack Riewoldt; 3x Richmond Premiership Forward joined the Breakfast Club

Listen here: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=794366

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOUNG CUBS DRIVE OLDER TIGERS

RSN
February 24, 2021

Motivation for a fourth premiership has come from a different source this year for three-time premiership Tiger, Jack Riewoldt.

“The focus is so much on creating memories and creating enjoyment and we’ve got some guys that haven’t played in any of the three years who have been as big a part as the players that have played in them.”

In 2019, Richmond had 6 players taste the ultimate success for the first time and last year Noah Bolta experienced his first premiership.

“It’s still our job so we want to be the best at our job as possible. It becomes a new journey for all of us.”

The key forward earmarked a few new names for Tiger supporters to follow in 2021 after strong preseasons, including 2018 first round pick, Riley Collier-Dawkins.

Yet to make his debut, the big bodied midfielder is capable of forcing his way into the Richmond midfield which will be without Dion Prestia in Round 1.

“No doubt we’ll see him at some stage this year. He’s a really exciting prospect for us.”

Hugo Ralphsmith, whose father Sean played 34 games for Hawthorn and St Kilda, is another Riewoldt highlighted.

“Athletically he’s as gifted an athlete I’ve ever seen and taken some really big steps forward.”

Riewoldt spent time in Tasmania over the summer break and trained with some of his old friends from junior football days.

“I’m in great condition at the moment. I think that a little bit of an extended break and time training by myself I really enjoy.”

The key forward, who is due to play his 300th game this year is looking forward to the familiarity of being back in Melbourne this season.

“I’ve really missed it and I’m looking forward to getting back into some sort of normality and playing football at the G and everything that comes with football in winter in Melbourne.”

https://www.rsn.net.au/afl/24/02/2021/news-afl-riewoldt-finds-new-motivation/