Author Topic: Kane Johnson led Tiger player revolt: Caro (Age)  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Kane Johnson led Tiger player revolt: Caro (Age)
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 12:02:11 PM »
terry said last week he will walk if he feels he has lost the players

this now proves terry is a liar

Which players?  Two who can't and shouldn't get a game and one who should be dropped this week as well.

If it was Jack, Mitch, Kel, Thursty, Luke and Trent who did the dirty it may emit a different smell.

Instead all it does is look like 3 players with used-by dates that already smell rotten trying to influence club affairs for their own personal gain.  Selfishness of the highest order that the board must stamp the life out of and continue to let Terry coach as best he can.  Not with back stabber trying to undermine him at every turn.  Those three have to be kicked out of the club ASAP.

14 of the group did

Talk about twisting the facts
There were 14 senior players in the meeting to discuss the future plans for the club, at no stage has ANYONE claimed there were 14 players who were against Terry. In fact the article even went on to say that players like Richo & Bowden IN THIS MEETING were sticking up for Wallace.

:wallywink

Tigermonk

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 01:08:48 PM »
exactly  ;D

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 01:38:42 PM »
Predictable reactions from the usual suspects here.

Don't suppose anyone has thought this through rather than reacting? There are quite a few possible scenarios behind this story which may or may not be true.

Oh and why should some one's looks have anything to do with what is written by that person?
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 01:55:41 PM »
I owe Bowden an apology. I have heard he has been undermining TW for year yet if this story is correct he has been doing the exact opposite. The fact that Bowden and Richo had the strength and wisdom to not look to take sides but push for a decision that was best for the club shows their leadership.

Bowden may be sticking up for Terry because if a new coach comes in he might get dropped for a younger player....  :rollin
Maybe Bowden has morals?

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 02:22:15 PM »
After reading Caros article a few times... The only real loser to come out of this sordid episode is Newman.

Is Newman a Leader or a naive people pleaser?  

Lets see if his remorse for his actions can result in a good performance on Saturday.He needs a big game.

Agree with Stripes...I have egg on my face over Bowden.Who would of thought that Johnson,King &Simmo were devils in disguise
Unleash the tornado

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 03:49:38 PM »
What I will say about Newman is on the weekend Tredrea showed leadership and took his team by the horns and was marshalling and leading his team.
I didn't notice anyone from Richmond attempting anything.

In the last 10 minutes that is, and that is when someone 'Newman' really needed to satnd up as an onfeild leader, not player as such.

Ox

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2009, 04:10:03 PM »
Johnson - u cancerous hack - stuff off !!!!

Newman - No balls - No opinion - NFI! - Continuing the legacy of insipid leaders.

Bowden - surprised me.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 04:24:16 PM »
What I will say about Newman is on the weekend Tredrea showed leadership and took his team by the horns and was marshalling and leading his team.

In the last 10 minutes that is, and that is when someone 'Newman' really needed to satnd up as an onfeild leader, not player as such.

the look on Treadrea's face when he kicked the sealer racing back up the backline was inspriring stuff

NOW THATS A LEADER
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

bushranger

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 05:21:07 PM »

That is close enough to what I s to my son as we watched our lead dribble away to us being behind in those last 10 minutes.
You could just feel it happening, and our team did bugger all to stop it.
And who was on Tredrea or as they called him there Wazza. He needed stopping but it didn't happen.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2009, 08:43:02 PM »
So, if Caro is on the money, we now have:
- A coach who has publicly stated that he won't walk because it will adversely impact his reputation.
- A club that won't sack the coach because it would adversely impact it's chances of getting a good replacement
- A subset of the playing list that wants the coach sacked
- A second subset that wants to keep the coach
- The new leadership team doing the bidding for the old leadership team

Any way you look at it, the present situation is untenable.

Team selection this week should provide an insight into the winners and losers

I would think the leaders of the failed coupe d'tat would be hung out to dry. 

Good post
 we are a mess