Author Topic: Freo match thread  (Read 4556 times)

Offline strav

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Freo match thread
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2006, 10:04:21 PM »
take Hall off

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2006, 10:05:57 PM »
Polo robbed a mark and Freo gets a goal. Bloody Umpires  :banghead
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2006, 10:07:48 PM »
11 points down :(

We tried to save it instead of win it.

Moi

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2006, 10:08:14 PM »
We were robbed by the same thing - on the line
And they were just given one
Same situation - home town decision  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2006, 10:13:16 PM »
Gee I wonder why Freo can win at home and not away. Handy when you have 3 extra men.

>:(

The one that got away  :(

Moi

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2006, 10:13:22 PM »
Same thing there - hyde got tackled without the ball in front of goal.
If he'd got a free, it would have been 5 point margin - take into account those two goals - and the one where Polo marked and they allowed them to play on and goal - you work it out.
Robbed.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2006, 10:19:07 PM »
I don't understand that last goal Freo got.  Ray definitely touched the ball.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2006, 10:29:05 PM »
The umps were a joke all night  >:(. It might have been 17-all but it felt like their frees and the ones not paid to us resulted in soft goals to them.

Razor's brain implosion where he played on in our backline when he didn't have to and ran too far and Polo's not paid mark changed the course of the game.

We needed another goal when we were in front. We went too early and safe with the possession game. When Simmonds marked 70m out going back to Joel 35m was just too negative.

Bulluss

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2006, 10:34:04 PM »
Fu&*ing umpires were a joke.

Did Hall actually run too far, is it how many steps or how far you travel in distance?

Like already stated, Polo marked that ball and the goal we kicked in the second qtr IIRC was through also.

Replays clearly showed Razor touching that ball.

Also disappointing to see us shut up shop so early. Staff gave us nothing up forward, should have played Cleve.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2006, 10:38:16 PM »
We got butchered all night...however we must also state the truth and the truth is 2 seriously bad errors made things bad for us
Coughlan missed mark, Hall brain explosion and there were way 2 many fumbling. Gaspar and Hall cant play in the same side.

I liked Whites capacity to score, Dean Polo was ok- bad miss when firing on goal- should have got it, he was very stiff with the unpaid mark in the last, Meyer was thereabouts as was Tambling. Pattison is improving. For mine, looking forward always i think its pretty clear that Gaspar and Stafford and Hall cant be in the side unless necessary, Hall is good trade bait, and we still have plenty improvement to make.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 11:07:54 PM by RampagingTiger »

Moi

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2006, 11:01:42 PM »
Did Hall actually run too far, is it how many steps or how far you travel in distance?
I'm not really sure he did, Bull.  I reckon he didn't, but they took into account his couple of steps forward and then back before he headed off in the direction he went.  It was too close to call and shouldn't have been paid if there was any doubt - and there was. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2006, 11:06:52 PM »
Even the 6PR guys said we got nobbled by the umps in the last 5 minutes. Umpire Davis was the main culprit.

We needed just one of Patto and Staff as we had Simmo and Knobel doing the ruck. We should have played Clever or Jackson as a leading forward as we fell down badly at FF. Staff is too slow and is out of the contest once the ball hits the ground.

We also had a couple of chances to go 20+ points up but missed and kept Freo in the game. Whoever was on Michael Johnson let us down badly. He single-handedly kept Freo in it for the first 3 quarters.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2006, 11:10:04 PM »
Tonight is just another indication that hard decisions need to be made on players like Hall. Stafford and Gaspar are already gone for mine or they should be, but for us to improve as a club then players like Ray probably need to be moved on because in terms of a premiership unit, probably hes a 23 to 30 ranked player.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Freo match stats
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2006, 12:06:27 AM »
Team stats

Kicks        208 - 205   
Marks       120 - 116   
Handballs  122 - 92   
Tackles       45 - 68   
Hitouts        36 - 32   
Frees         17 - 17

Individual stats

Player          K  H  D  M  HO  T  FF  FA  G  B
M.Coughlan 23 12 35 9 0 4 2 2 1 0
S.Tuck        19   9 28 12 1 3 1 1 1 0
P.Bowden    17  7 24 12 1 6 2 1 1 0
J.Bowden    17  6 23 8 0 3 2 2 0 0
C.Hyde       12  8 20 6 0 2 1 0 2 2
G.Tivendale 12  7 19 4 0 2 0 0 1 0
K.Pettifer    15  3 18 7 0 2 1 2 1 0
A.Raines     11 6 17 6 0 0 0 0 0 0
R.Hall           8 7 15 8 0 2 0 3 0 0
A.Kellaway  11  4 15 5 0 2 1 1 1 0
D.Polo          6  9 15 3 0 2 0 1 0 1
T.Simmonds 10 4 14 6 20 0 0 0 2 0
D.Gaspar       4 8 12 5 0 3 2 0 0 0
C.Newman     8 4 12 5 0 4 1 0 0 0
K.Johnson      5 6 11 3 0 0 1 0 0 1
N.Foley         5 4  9  3 0 3 0 0 1 0
D.Meyer        5 4  9  2 0 3 1 1 0 0
A.Pattison      3 6  9  3 1 1 2 0 0 1
R.Tambling     6 2  8  4 0 1 0 0 0 2
M.White         7 1  8  5 0 1 0 0 1 0
G.Stafford      2 3  5  2 1 0 0 2 1 0
T.Knobel        2 2  4  2 12 1 0 1 0 1

Top 5's

Ranking Points

P.Bowden    166
Coughlan     151
Tuck            149

Peake          136
M.Johnson   129 

Contested possies

Coughlan     13
M.Johnson    9
Pavlich          9
P.Bowden     8
Tivendale      8

Uncontested possies

Coughlan        21
Peake            21
Tuck              20
McManus       17
P.Bowden      16

Effective kicks

Coughlan       19
P.Bowden      17

Peake            16
Tuck              16
J.Bowden       13

Inside 50

Medhurst        7
Peake            6
Headland        6
Pavlich           5
Coughlan       4

Rebound 50

Tuck             9
J.Bowden      7

Mundy          6
Raines          5
P.Bowden     3

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2006, 03:22:32 PM »
Haven’t been this disappointed about a loss in a while.

We seemed to be going like winners at various stages throughout the match but never really managed to put the game away at any stage.

Not saying anything about some of the ‘home town’ umpiring decisions.  Don’t think I’ll be able to watch that game again for some time, unless it’s in a straight jacket and wearing a muzzle.

While I’m at it, please someone tell me what is it about the FoxFooty telecast from Perth.  Are they from another galaxy or something?  Why do they incessantly pan to the bench when play is frantically in progress, or when a player is having a shot for goal?  Isn’t that partly why they have commentators – to tell us what’s going on that we cannot see?  Isn’t it simple to say, Joe Blogs is running off the field, instead of completely forgetting about the fact that play is in progress and switching to a player walking off the ground or sitting on the bench?  Why is it a hard decision to make which piece of ‘action’ to go with? :banghead

I’m a fairly patient person and I’ll wait 1,000 years to see a Richmond premiership, if I have to.  Same can’t be said for my tolerance levels though, coz I reckon I lasted about 5 minutes listening to those commentators before the volume button came into play on the remote.

Please, please, please, please God, no more games in Perth that are telecast by FoxFooty.  Results and umpires aside, if the commentators don’t drive you nuts, the telecast will.

Anyway, now that that’s out of the way, for now, it was a fantastic effort by our players.  Obviously we still need to straighten a few things out, but considering the team that was out there, we can be proud of their efforts.

You certainly couldn’t question their application, commitment or anything like that.

One query I have though, can someone please explain to me why when the opposition kicks out, they seem to have a free run all the way down the ground to their F50?  I don’t know how often this happens, but it seems really noticeable in games at times.  Couldn’t imagine why we would intentionally allow that to go on, time after time, unless it’s just bad manning up by our players?  Instead of letting them kick out, we might as well just start play from their F50 line.

Moving right along.  P. Bowden was fantastic in the first half.  Some of his efforts were courageous.  And there were a number of courageous acts by players all game.

There were passages of play where it resembled more a rugby scrum and you just had to wait for the ball to spill out before either side could gain an advantage.  Neither side gave an inch.

It was a good game to learn from, especially for a young team in foreign conditions.  Although it doesn’t seem to be so much ‘foreign’ conditions; more like alien conditions.  I’m sure our players will look forward to getting onto the MCG in front of a home ground.

In the past when coaches have said they want their fans to turn up and give the interstate teams a taste of their own medicine, I thought it was just a bit of theatre.  But after last night’s game, makes you realise what they mean.

Nothing to be embarrassed about and we can take a lot of heart from that effort.  Just shows that TW’s message is getting through and players are improving and getting better.  Can’t complain about that.

Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.