Author Topic: Dylan Grimes [merged]  (Read 232266 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dylan Grimes [merged]
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2012, 08:15:25 AM »
This is disastrous news IMO.

Best young defender we have had since I can remember and he's lame. :( :( :(

Please give us a break.

gerkin greg

« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2012, 08:41:19 AM »
Owl was right

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2012, 09:32:50 AM »
get the horse spunk ready krauts

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #183 on: July 10, 2012, 12:45:31 PM »
Grimes in Germany
richmondfc.com.au
Tue 10 Jul, 2012

Richmond’s rising star defender Dylan Grimes has arrived in Munich, Germany, for treatment on his injured hamstring.

Grimes, along with the Tigers’ strength and rehabilitation coach, Terry Condon, will spend a week with world-renowned doctor Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt.

The treatment involves Grimes being injected with actovegin, an extract of calf’s blood, and anti-inflammatory traumeel, in an effort to stimulate muscle repair.

Read the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/140982/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #184 on: July 16, 2012, 04:21:39 PM »
From RFC twitter:

RFC - "Happy 21st Birthday to Dylan Grimes who is spending it in Germany after surgery last week"

‏Jess_Vernon - "how did Dylan's surgery go?"

RFC - "apparently went well, although as pointed out it wasn't surgery, more treatment on his knee. Will find out more when hes back"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: July 16, 2012, 04:27:35 PM »
Knee?  WTF?

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2012, 04:39:58 PM »
From RFC twitter:

RFC - "Happy 21st Birthday to Dylan Grimes who is spending it in Germany after surgery last week"

RFC - "apparently went well, although as pointed out it wasn't surgery, more treatment on his knee. Will find out more when hes back"

Argh, was talking about knee when I was typing that out. Hamstring, I meant hamstring.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #187 on: July 16, 2012, 04:45:24 PM »

Argh, was talking about knee when I was typing that out. Hamstring, I meant hamstring.

Don't worry Mr RFC_O, you're forgiven me thinks the club has a lot on its plate and the moment  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2012, 05:28:53 PM »
From RFC twitter:

:lol

Your mistake wasn't as bad or costly as some others over the weekend!   :banghead

Ruanaidh

« Reply #189 on: July 16, 2012, 05:33:01 PM »
From RFC twitter:

Your mistake wasn't as bad or costly as some others over the weekend!   :banghead
But it is indicative

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2012, 08:56:44 PM »
From RFC twitter:

Phew was thinking Freudian slip at one stage. ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #191 on: July 20, 2012, 03:15:31 PM »
Grimes good news
By Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
2:03 PM Fri 20 Jul, 2012

Rising Richmond star defender, Dylan Grimes, received a positive prognosis on his injured left hamstring in his recent trip to Germany.

Grimes, accompanied by the Club’s strength and rehabilitation coach, Terry Condon, spent a week in Munich with world-renowned doctor Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt.

“The prognosis was very good and, for us, the important thing is we seem to have found the root cause of the problem and addressed that.

“So, certainly from here on in, we expect a good result.

“We’re pretty positive, definitely long-term, but given these new findings, we still have to sit down with our doctors and collate all this information.”

Read more and the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/142110/default.aspx

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #192 on: July 20, 2012, 08:58:22 PM »
Bloody gold, grimesy in the waiting room with usain bolt, hope he was called out first :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #193 on: August 01, 2012, 05:25:08 AM »
Tiger Dylan Grimes' long trip to hamstring recovery

Glenn McFarlane
    August 01, 2012

INJURY-plagued Richmond defender Dylan Grimes ran at "top-end speed" yesterday for the first time since returning from cutting edge treatment in Germany.

But the Tigers will weigh up risk against reward before deciding within a week whether Grimes, 21, plays again this season.

Richmond football manager Craig Cameron said the early indication was that Grimes' trip for treatment on his troublesome hamstrings had been a success.

"Dylan has come back in good spirits," he said.

"It would appear to be so far, so good.

"He is happy for the opportunity to go and trial the treatment provided.

"They just have a different way of looking at it; they are a bit ahead of the curve with some of the treatment that they have got over there."

Grimes flew to Germany for treatment with one of the world's foremost experts in soft-tissue injuries, Dr Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfarth.

Geelong's Max Rooke made a similar trip in 2007, as did Richmond's Mark Coughlan in 2008.

"At 21, Dylan could be a long-term, important key back for us," Cameron said.

Grimes has played 17 games in three seasons.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/tiger-dylan-grimes-long-trip-to-hamstring-recovery/story-e6frf9jf-1226439797613

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: August 01, 2012, 07:31:36 AM »
Not worth weighing up, can start getting prepared for next year.
Surely we can give the game time to griff or batch?

Griff needs the game time and batch needs to work himself back into form imo anyway.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S