Author Topic: Team round 10  (Read 2867 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Team round 10
« on: May 27, 2004, 05:31:53 PM »
B:     T. Fleming D. Gaspar C. Newman
HB:     M. Chaffey R. Hall A. Kellaway
C:     A. Fiora W. Campbell G. Tivendale
HF:     K. Pettifer J. Schulz A. Krakouer
F:     N. Brown M. Richardson R. Hilton
R:     B. Ottens, K. Johnson, J. Bowden
I/C:     B. Hartigan, C. Hyde, G. Stafford, S. Fletcher
Emg:     J. Blumfield, B. Marsh, D. Rodan

In: Pettifer
Out: Roach

WEST COAST EAGLES

B:     D. Wirrpunda D. Glass M. Nicoski
HB:     A. Embley Q. Lynch B. Jones
C:     M. Braun B. Cousins C. Chambers
HF:     D. Chick T. Gaspar C. Judd
F:     P. Matera A. McDougall A. Sampi
R:     D. Kerr, D. Cox, C. Fletcher
I/C:     B. Staker, B. Waters, S. Butler, M. Seaby
Emg:     C. Morrison, M. Collica, A. Hansen
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 06:29:14 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Team round 10
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 05:43:02 PM »
Not surprised to see Roach head back to Coburg. Better that than sitting on the bench for most of the game in the seniors. I would have thought there would've been more changes given the insipid effort last week. If we're going to play Kayne then play him somewhere where he can get his hands on the footy such as across half-back. What's the point of bringing him in to play forward pocket and hardly getting a touch then dropping him the following week  ???. 

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 05:48:37 PM »
Glad Roachie will get some time playing somewhre at least - Zantuck's nose must be out of joint lol.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 07:53:30 PM »
Not surprised to see Roach head back to Coburg. Better that than sitting on the bench for most of the game in the seniors. I would have thought there would've been more changes given the insipid effort last week. If we're going to play Kayne then play him somewhere where he can get his hands on the footy such as across half-back. What's the point of bringing him in to play forward pocket and hardly getting a touch then dropping him the following week  ???. 

Agree about Pettifer - I'd play him on either Matera or Chick and leave him there for the entire game. Give him a job and see what happens.

Although, I only managed to watch 20 minutes of the Coburg game last week - I am not surpised that there weren't many changes - not many great perfomrances.

I reckon Pettifer is being rewarding for his consistent form over the last few weeks rather than his game last week - though he was probably the Burgers best.

Expect Marsh to make the trip as insurance for the 2 big blokes and perhaps Rodan as well as insurance for Campbell
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 03:27:21 PM »
Not surprised to see Roach head back to Coburg. Better that than sitting on the bench for most of the game in the seniors. I would have thought there would've been more changes given the insipid effort last week.

Same here MT.  On one hand we say we don’t want to throw the young players to the wolves, yet we play them (and mainly off the bench), to the point where they either lose confidence or need to go back to Coburg for the game time they need.

From what I remember of last week, Roachy came on in the last three minutes of one quarter to give one of the midfielders a rest.  I think, apart from Hartigan, Roach and Schulz seemed to spend most of the game on the bench.

When the game looked well and truly lost they were put on the ground.  Under those circumstances, I guess whatever decision the coach makes it’s going to seem wrong,  But I don’t understand this thing about not wanting to throw them to the wolves, yet wanting them to go out and make an impact when the game is dead and buried and the confidence and spirit of their teammates is probably shot.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 03:34:10 PM by Tiger Spirit »
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.