Author Topic: Official R7 team vs Dees  (Read 791 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Official R7 team vs Dees
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2024, 07:05:35 AM »
Smarter would be:

Out
Short
Dow
Kosi

In
Ryan
Hopper
Grimes

Providing the senior blokes are fit and we want to win

So you think Pickett, McIntosh Young and Ralphsmith will make a difference?

Forgot about Ralph. Drop.

Who replaces Young in the backline? We'd be playing Miller as our only proper tall.

Pickett and KMac have sucked but to be honest I just don't think we should make 6-8 changes per week given the extent of our injury list.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2024, 07:12:44 AM »
Ryan must have banged Meehan or something.

Must be really hated down there if a banged up ruckman like Naismith gets a gig before him.

Yze is trying to save face and not embarrass himself on the scoreboard. There is no other explanation why duds like kmac are still playing.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2024, 07:25:36 AM »
I must say it's a bit of a worry playing 2 Ruckman for this game. Going to be wet and high intensity. Sadly I wouldn't be at all surprised if we copped a 8 to 10 goal smashing tonight.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2024, 08:18:29 AM »
I must say it's a bit of a worry playing 2 Ruckman for this game. Going to be wet and high intensity. Sadly I wouldn't be at all surprised if we copped a 8 to 10 goal smashing tonight.

Good point. Don't play Naismith.

Like Ryan's debut lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2024, 08:41:10 AM »

Don't think it's going to be that wet TBH

Must be really hated down there if a banged up ruckman like Naismith gets a gig before him.

Rather than take another grubby and pointless swipe at your favourite target, who has nothing to do with selection you are aware that Naismith is a far better ruckman than Ryan at this point?

Ryan would get smashed by Gawn at any ruck contest he went to. It would be like watching a tea towel flapping in breeze
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2024, 10:42:02 AM »
one is not the future and one may not be either, but i would have thought 4 and 3 goals gives him a chance?

When we were playing well Nank was enough v Gawn but do we need 2 now do we?

If we are going to play duds like HRS then will it hurt playing Ryan for a block of games as well?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2024, 10:56:58 AM »
Can see what you're saying Frankie but probably wouldn't hurt to have Ryan get his confidence up by playing another good game in the 2s this week. Bring him in the following week when he's not going to get slaughtered by Melbourne.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2024, 11:03:26 AM »
Can see what you're saying Frankie but probably wouldn't hurt to have Ryan get his confidence up by playing another good game in the 2s this week. Bring him in the following week when he's not going to get slaughtered by Melbourne.

Wheres the fun in putting a young kid up early and tearing him to shreds when he fails

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2024, 11:29:42 AM »

Wheres the fun in putting a young kid up early and tearing him to shreds when he fails

It's better this way. If he plays well again today and we bring him in next week we can say he's a good VFL player but clearly not AFL level. Then we say dud delist

This is vintage Richmond list management and it's why we were a powerhouse for 4 years.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2024, 11:31:33 AM »

It's better this way. If he plays well again today and we bring him in next week we can say he's a good VFL player but clearly not AFL level. Then we say dud delist

This is vintage Richmond list management and it's why we were a powerhouse for 4 years.

OK got it

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2024, 12:34:57 PM »

Excellent post  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2024, 12:57:29 PM »
one is not the future and one may not be either, but i would have thought 4 and 3 goals gives him a chance?

When we were playing well Nank was enough v Gawn but do we need 2 now do we?

If we are going to play duds like HRS then will it hurt playing Ryan for a block of games as well?

Why not both Frankie with Lefau.. Ryan straight swap for Kosi forward and he plays kpf. He doesnt need confidence he is coming off  4 and 3 goal hauls.
Naismith as a ruck/fwd Giving both Nankervis and Ryan a chop out.We can change this during a game as well.
Fmd we play two defensive small forwards all the time in Mansell and Rioli for pressure just add another pacey small.

Its also not as if their opponents are gazelles May, McDonald and Lever aren't exactly olympic sprinters.What it does do is keep em honest in the air. It also helps the back half with whoever is rucking playing a kick behind play.

We currently don't have a lot of options but we play and reward a bloke who has thoroughly earnt a game in Naismith. We drop a badly out of form Kosi and bring in a younger bloke who has shown a bit in the two's the last few weeks.
It may not be the ideal structure but it does make for good culture by rewarding players for good form. It is why i think Smith should be getting a game in Shorts spot he is in the bests the last 3 weeks and we reward good form with a like for like replacement. In fact Smith has far better attributes than old shortsteps.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2024, 02:00:05 PM »
You reward form simple as that and Ryan has it. Give him a block of games. There's a few getting selected from the vfl on the back of no form while how many senior players keep failing and never get dropped.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2024, 04:20:54 PM »
From those ins, who is actually taking Sonsies spot ? Does it mean Graham or Hopper to play more fwd since that’s where Sonsie was playing ?

This team is just such a mess tbh. We have Hopper, Graham, Dow, Baker, ralphsmith and Pickett playing midfield and wing. IMO ONE of those players should even be in the team and it’s Baker. We are held hostage by our trade for hopper and have to play him, fair enough. But Graham, Dow ( IMO ) Ralphsmith and Pickett are not the future. To play them over guys like sonsie and mcc is just stuffing ludicrous

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2024, 06:32:02 PM »
Kmac is the sub tonight.