Author Topic: State of Umpiring [merged]  (Read 289049 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: State of Umpiring [merged]
« Reply #2655 on: June 17, 2023, 11:40:59 PM »
Club should refuse to play next week in protest.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2656 on: June 18, 2023, 12:01:39 AM »
Newsflash; Richmond will not play next week .

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2657 on: June 18, 2023, 12:27:32 AM »
Absolutely pitiful, a player with his head down in und into a Richmond player, free kick for head high, happened more than once, total frog excrement

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2658 on: June 18, 2023, 08:35:48 AM »
Last month

12-25 tonight
7-18 vs Freo
10-15 vs giants
14-23 vs Port

Total 43-81

It’s readily apparent that if we look like winning the umpires will manipulate and cheat so as to do everything to make us lose

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2659 on: June 18, 2023, 08:51:18 AM »
The positive in getting smashed in the free kicks count is another indicator that we are playing very aggressive football …. Our trademark

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2660 on: June 18, 2023, 09:52:10 AM »
The positive in getting smashed in the free kicks count is another indicator that we are playing very aggressive football …. Our trademark

pies play the same brand and seem to always comfortably sit at or near the top of the free kick count  :shh

I dont agree GIG we get reamed by those inbreds.

That is a fact.

you only have to watch that final with Lynch's non paid goal last year to know how bad we get stuffed over.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #2661 on: June 18, 2023, 10:16:53 AM »
I must admit the calls have got me off my seat plenty of times and the one that has blown my gasket is the mansell one .. how they can suspend him at all for doing
What every young kid has been taught since the dawn of time , eyes on the ball and hard at it .

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2662 on: June 18, 2023, 10:21:42 AM »
I must admit the calls have got me off my seat plenty of times and the one that has blown my gasket is the mansell one .. how they can suspend him at all for doing
What every young kid has been taught since the dawn of time , eyes on the ball and hard at it .

i think they are blatant cheats and have thought that for a long time now.

the lynch decision last year was the final straw for me. I suspect the afl really hate us because behind the scenes we must be seriously calling this out

We need to be more like the nba and epl and unlike this communist regime poo the afl dogs have us in.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2663 on: June 18, 2023, 11:10:51 AM »
Like so many I get steamed by the lack of frees for us, rather than the frees paid against us. 
Last night Max King in a pack reached back with his arm to feel for Balta & got his hand right up onto Balta's neck.  He used this hold to stop Balta from getting to the ball.  King released the hold at the last minute to grab the ball with both hands & was paid the mark by the umpire who was 10mtrs away & on the right side to easily see King's hand pushing back into Balta's neck.
How can the ump pay the mark?  It was beyond obvious, dam well conspicuous!  High contact just for starters, holding in a marking contest as well, all while the ball was more than 5mtrs from the contest. 
Nope - pay the mark!   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2664 on: June 18, 2023, 12:21:48 PM »
Ross blatantly held off the ball on the 50 near the boundary late in the game. >:(

In fact our players -Bolton & Prestia in particular seem to cop it- are blatantly held off the ball every game without penalty.  >:( >:(

Also love it when our players get penalised for high tackles on blokes at least 6 inches taller then them without their feet even leaving the ground.   >:( >:( >:(
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2665 on: June 18, 2023, 01:17:58 PM »
The one that had me within a millimetre blowing a woofer valve was the high contact called against Prestia

Saints player picks up the ball and then deliberately leds with his head in to Prestia and Prestia gets pinged for head high contact

Seriously what the? The rule is very clear led with your head and you won't be getting a free and should be pinged for either HTB or it gets called for a stoppage under the now beyond stupid "prior opportunity" rule
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #2666 on: June 18, 2023, 02:09:38 PM »
I dread to think what awaits us in Brisbane in a fortnight might go see the Doc and get some medication in advance

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2667 on: June 18, 2023, 04:29:39 PM »
The one that had me within a millimetre blowing a woofer valve was the high contact called against Prestia

Saints player picks up the ball and then deliberately leds with his head in to Prestia and Prestia gets pinged for head high contact

Seriously what the? The rule is very clear led with your head and you won't be getting a free and should be pinged for either HTB or it gets called for a stoppage under the now beyond stupid "prior opportunity" rule

I’m convinced this rule has caused so many issues it’s not funny. It’s the most negative rule in the game.
Players are instructed by coaches to cause stoppage so they can set up defensively and reset.
So we see players hold onto the ball longer or create the illusion that they are trying to make an attempt at disposal. Or players will handball to teammates under more pressure so it will cause a stoppage.

Even if we think about the sling tackle crack down that has been implemented and is high on the agenda now.

If there is no prior opportunity rule, then the whistle is blown immediately because the player with the ball hasn’t disposed of it. No need for the umpire to wait,  no grey area and no reason to delay his response thus there is no reason for a player to prolong the tackle which ultimately results in a sling tackle.

The club that keeps giving.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2668 on: June 18, 2023, 04:45:57 PM »
Are you saying that prior opportunity should be removed and the player tackled should automatically be called for holding the ball?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2669 on: June 18, 2023, 04:55:41 PM »
Are you saying that prior opportunity should be removed and the player tackled should automatically be called for holding the ball?

If the ball isn't disposed of legally, yes I think that's the suggestion.

Pick it up and get rid of it or just punch/kick it along

Personally I think we shouldn't pay high contact if it doesn't start high and isn't severe.