Author Topic: Dear RFC List Manager  (Read 7425 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Dear RFC List Manager
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2011, 06:18:50 PM »
It's not my job to suggest trades. I dont need to suggest anything to know that what you have posted is no chance at ALL. Post a more realistic scenario and your suggestions won't get shat on, dude. Leave this stuff to Craig Cameron (as worrying as that is) and the club.  ;D

Dont mean to be a prick but that's just my opinion. I don't see why we should get worked up about it...whatever happens will happen

You blokes have no idea how highly Trengove is rated at Port

Is irrelevant if he wants to come to Victoria though?

i reckon JT will make sure Port get something worthwhile if he is to leave.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2011, 06:19:21 PM »
these are all short cuts IMHO especially McIntosh.

I disagree Ramps,

What is the correct ruck solution?

- Wait 4-5 years for a 2011 Draftee becomes AFL standard?
- Shop around for a mature age ruckman in state leagues ie Derickx?
- Hope that Graham comes good?
- Hope that Browne will come good?
- Trade for a mature AFL standard ruckman?

Go Tigers!

Ox

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2011, 06:21:22 PM »
Trade Deledio.

If u wanna get serious about picking up some quality-Trade deledio,otherwise,
enjoy circle-jerking.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2011, 06:22:41 PM »
It's not my job to suggest trades. I dont need to suggest anything to know that what you have posted is no chance at ALL. Post a more realistic scenario and your suggestions won't get shat on, dude. Leave this stuff to Craig Cameron (as worrying as that is) and the club.  ;D

Dont mean to be a prick but that's just my opinion. I don't see why we should get worked up about it...whatever happens will happen

Is irrelevant if he wants to come to Victoria though?

i reckon JT will make sure Port get something worthwhile if he is to leave.

Yeah thats fine JT, no issue with me being told I'm wrong, but if your going to have a crack have a crack and say "What you suggest is crap, we'll need to offer first round pick and Edwards for Trengove?"

It's just some open discussion to see what we can do during trade period, as I'm sure we'd all agree we're haven't enjoyed the last few weeks.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2011, 06:22:59 PM »
Trade Deledio.

If u wanna get serious about picking up some quality-Trade deledio,otherwise,
enjoy circle-jerking.

Whats wrong with circle jerking?
Go Tigers!

Ox

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2011, 06:26:20 PM »
harder.
Trade Lids-Get 2 really talented players+

I love Lids but if u wanna get real...

The duds who will be arseholed at years end will be going anyway.
We all know who they are.

Beter still-Lids and Foley
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:31:08 PM by one-eyed »

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2011, 06:30:52 PM »
Pope, it always makes for interesting reading but to quote a famous Simpsons episode - I think you are in Chocolate Land
"[Homer wakes up from a dream about The Land of Chocolate]
Homer: Not dreaming, not dreaming, not drea- Wha-? Dammit, I was dreaming! Why is life so unfair? All I want is the ability to eat everything in sight and turn into a giant ball! Is that too much to ask?! Damn you, reality!"

Lol Happy to be in Chocolate land, I think these 3 players would be attainable in the trade period, meaning clubs would be willing to listen to a trade and wont ask overs as they all have reasons to leave

McIntosh = Playing 2's, no longer number 1 ruckman, behind a very in form Goldstein.
Goldsack = Can't play regular senior football in the best team in the comp. Premiership Player.
Trengove = Wants to come home.

All attainable, I maybe asking for to much with my suggestions. What would we give up for them?

Pope

McIntosh is currently injured and has barely played in the magoos let alone the seniors in the last 18 months. Hence the rise of Goldstein.

Goldstein - you don't trade or deal with Collingwood. They'll yada yada yada and tell us he's a premiership player and even if he doesn't play till his contract expires Collingwood on the above info will argue he is worth a first rounder or minimum second rounder. On that I'll pass and let someone else pay overs on him. Premiership players are great but not when they are fringe players and will be overpriced. If we pillage their stocks as revenge for Cloke and Raines in 1982 it won't be for Goldstein.

Trengove I would like and I think the good will between the clubs in recent drafts can continue assuming we can get the right deal done for him.

Jako Edwards Morton are probably our most tradeable players and all this trade talk from the media about what we need will have already got the alarm bells ringing from other clubs which would make it as difficult as possible to get these players to us. Furthermore these gypsy poor loser clubs like Naught, Dogs and St Kilda can only dream of
FTF and would only love to see us squander it on overpriced picks to wallow in the depths we are in.

I'm almost inclined to not go for a ruck atm as I would rather get a long term prospect rather than a quick fix bloke who has barely played in the last 18 months. Furthermore the comparisons to Stafford are poles apart. Staff was still a regular at Sydney when he crossed over in 2002 Hamish is all over the shop currently.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2011, 06:31:31 PM »

I bloody love a good circle jerk, you know.

Especially when combined with a cheeky game of 'soggy biscuit'.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2011, 06:32:40 PM »
Pope, it always makes for interesting reading but to quote a famous Simpsons episode - I think you are in Chocolate Land
"[Homer wakes up from a dream about The Land of Chocolate]
Homer: Not dreaming, not dreaming, not drea- Wha-? Dammit, I was dreaming! Why is life so unfair? All I want is the ability to eat everything in sight and turn into a giant ball! Is that too much to ask?! Damn you, reality!"

Lol Happy to be in Chocolate land, I think these 3 players would be attainable in the trade period, meaning clubs would be willing to listen to a trade and wont ask overs as they all have reasons to leave

McIntosh = Playing 2's, no longer number 1 ruckman, behind a very in form Goldstein.
Goldsack = Can't play regular senior football in the best team in the comp. Premiership Player.
Trengove = Wants to come home.

All attainable, I maybe asking for to much with my suggestions. What would we give up for them?

Only tradables are Jako Edwards and Morton IMHO and when I mean tradeables players I would trade in a heart beat. Other than our top tier the rest wouldn't get us nothing.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2011, 06:33:47 PM »

I bloody love a good circle jerk, you know.

Especially when combined with a cheeky game of 'soggy biscuit'.
:rollin :lol :rollin

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 06:34:32 PM »
Alright then, how about this?

Martin and our 1st draft pick for McIntosh, Deledio and Cotchin for Trengove, Riewoldt straight swap for Goldsack.

Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2011, 06:36:48 PM »

Martin and our 1st draft pick for McIntosh, Deledio and Cotchin for Trengove, Riewoldt straight swap for Goldsack.

The biscuits will be really soggy if that happens and the circle jerking won't stop. :help

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2011, 07:08:35 PM »

The biscuits will be really soggy if that happens and the circle jerking won't stop. :help

:lol

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2011, 07:55:49 PM »

Yeah but if Trengove walks they get nothing and he goes into the pre season draft where we have plenty of cap room to set him up with a front loaded contract.

They wouldn't want another Nick Stevens situation.

100% Exactly right.

This is why we shouldn't pay overs for him.

Problem is, he's highly rated. If we offer up crap, Port will move onto Essendon or whoever else is interested and get a better deal.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2011, 08:11:35 PM »
If somehow North are stupid enough to rate Jackson that highly, it will overtake our pick 19 for McMahon trade as the worst trade in history.

It was a terrible trade. But Carltons Brock Mclean trade for pick #11 is up there with it IMO.