Author Topic: Conca and Hampson on the Return  (Read 8011 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Conca and Hampson on the Return
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2017, 09:44:28 PM »
Let's be honest, would he be worse than Soldo ATM?

Yes.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2017, 10:12:48 PM »
It's a good point.

Soldo is doing the bare minimum playing at this level and a fit Hampson is a better player at this stage.

I wouldn't play either if it were up to me but it gives Nank a chop out and a chance to play forward.
He is a pretty decent option as a forward with his mobility. He is not just your mark, kick big man.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2017, 07:01:51 AM »
Well stuff me I have heard it all now

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2017, 08:17:36 AM »
It's a good point.

Soldo is doing the bare minimum playing at this level and a fit Hampson is a better player at this stage.

I wouldn't play either if it were up to me but it gives Nank a chop out and a chance to play forward.
He is a pretty decent option as a forward with his mobility. He is not just your mark, kick big man.

Maybe Hampson was better at his peak fitness but his mobility and fitness would have to be at Ann time low right now, if he plays in a final you know we have not learnt a single thing. I'd rather Elton, Griffiths, soldo or even no 2nd ruck at all

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2017, 08:31:04 AM »

you dont think one is a has been pathetic excuse for a footballer and the other is a developing ruckman who needs game time?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2017, 08:32:24 AM »
It's a good point.

Maybe Hampson was better at his peak fitness but his mobility and fitness would have to be at Ann time low right now, if he plays in a final you know we have not learnt a single thing. I'd rather Elton, Griffiths, soldo or even no 2nd ruck at all

Exactly

you dont think one is a has been pathetic excuse for a footballer and the other is a developing ruckman who needs game time?

You would think it is stuffing obvious wouldn't you

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2017, 12:52:57 PM »

Finally some sense  :clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2017, 01:02:02 PM »
Will Conca and Hammer be able to play in the VFL final series ??
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2017, 01:46:31 PM »
Will Conca and Hammer be able to play in the VFL final series ??
I believe so, Mat. Both will have played at least a game this year at either AFL or VFL level by finals time and both haven't played AFL since July 1.

20. Participation in VFL Finals

(a)  A Player who has not played in at least one AFL, VFL Senior Grade or Development League Home and Away Match in the relevant season will be ineligible to play in the Senior Grade Finals Series.

(b)   Subject to  Rule 20(c) below, a Player who has played in an AFL Home and Away Match after 1 July in the relevant season will be ineligible to play in VFL Senior Grade or Development League Finals Series Matches unless that Player has played in a combined total of at least six (6) Senior Grade or Development League Home and Away Matches in the same season.

(c)  A Player who has not played in at least two (2) Development League Home and Away Matches in the relevant season will be ineligible to play in a Development League Finals Series Match unless, immediately prior to selection:
(i) the Player has missed at least ten (10) consecutive VFL Home and Away Matches through injury; and
(ii) the Player’s Club remains active in the VFL Senior Grade Finals Series.

(d) A Player who has played in more than eight (8 ) VFL Senior Grade Home and Away Matches will be ineligible to play in Development League Final Series Matches unless that Player has played in at least six (6) Development League Home and Away Matches.

(e) Despite any other provision of this Rule 20, but subject to  Rule 20(f), where a Club has both its AFL and VFL Senior Teams engaged on the same weekend, any Player may be selected to play in the VFL Senior Team so long as that Player has played in at least one AFL or VFL Senior Grade Home and Away Match or Development League Home and Away Match in that relevant season.

(f) When an AFL Club is eliminated from the AFL Final Series on the same weekend as the VFL Grand Final, the selection of players in the VFL Senior Grade team shall be unrestricted, provided the player has participated in at least one (AFL or VFL) Senior Grade or AFL Victoria Development League match in the relevant season.

(g) Despite any other provision in Rule 20, where a Club does not field a Development League Team, an AFL listed Player must:
(i) qualify under Regulation 20(b); and
(ii) have played no more than 12 AFL Home and Away Matches,
to be eligible to play in VFL Finals Series Matches.

(h) Despite any other provision in Rule 20, in circumstances where:
(i) an AFL Club is participating in the AFL Finals Series, but is not required to play on a particular weekend (by virtue of winning its AFL Qualifying Final and earning a one-week break before its AFL Preliminary Final); and
(ii) the AFL Club’s VFL team is playing on that weekend,
any AFL listed player who did not play in the AFL Qualifying Final will be eligible to play in the Club’s VFL team in the week in which the AFL Club has a one-week break.

(I) Despite any other provision in Rule 20, in circumstances where:
(i) an AFL Club is participating in the AFL Finals Series, but is not playing on the weekend of the AFL bye weekend after the final round of the AFL home and away season; and
(ii) the AFL Club’s VFL team is playing on that weekend,
any AFL listed player who did not play in the AFL Club’s AFL team in the final round of the AFL home and away season will be eligible to play in the Club’s VFL team in the AFL bye round after the final round of the AFL home and away season.

(j) Despite any other provision in Rule 20, the CEO of AFL Victoria (or nominee) may deem any Player eligible to play in any VFL Finals Series Match.

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-118-0-0-0&sID=277333

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2017, 01:58:31 PM »
I'd rather bring back Maric than Hamspud...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2017, 03:34:08 PM »

:clapping :clapping

:bow :bow

:thumbsup :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2017, 04:07:17 PM »

Honestly don't know why they haven't been playing Maric instead of Soldo...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2017, 09:55:08 PM »

Mate, I'm just mentally preparing for the inevitable. What you say is logical (and yes the thought crossed my mind) but I need to prepare.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2017, 06:29:30 AM »
Hahahah now it makes sense.

The only question remains is which week it happens in

I'm tipping week 1 of finals, but it could be against the saints

Either way it's going to be the hammer show ladies and gents

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2017, 07:31:31 AM »

I'd rather dig up Roy Wright than play either of them
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.