Author Topic: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours  (Read 79974 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2010, 07:15:40 AM »
I have a huge appendage with the whole Richmond theme song tattooed on it in size 24 Sans Serif script and I played 11.6 games for Richmond but someone woke me up and interrupted one of them which p!ssed me off coz I was beating Milnes head into one of the goal posts and raking my stops down his back and the umpires were looking the other way.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2010, 03:44:07 PM »
Rumour going around the net that Eagle Luke Shuey may want to return home to Victoria. He's had rotten luck with injury and glandular fever. He's apparently contracted for another year so a trade would need to be involved.

Out of contract Eagles (who would be GC targets)
Beau Wilkes
Ben McKinley
Matthew Spangher
Sam Butler
Scott Selwood
Tony Notte
Will Schofield
Matt Rosa

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2010, 10:45:26 PM »
I know I'm still on a high after tonight's win but I don't think it will be too long before players from other clubs start wanting to come to us in the hope of playing finals in the next few years. Also with the way our boys are playing atm, I look at most of the out of contract players mentioned in this thread and go meh.

Ramps

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2010, 11:14:07 AM »
Nathan Djekurram from Geelong is supposedly on our radar. Dont know if its true, havent seen alot of him the last 2 or so years. As a junior he was highly regarded from memory and people have said we liked him back then.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2010, 12:30:15 PM »
Nathan Djekurram from Geelong is supposedly on our radar. Dont know if its true, havent seen alot of him the last 2 or so years. As a junior he was highly regarded from memory and people have said we liked him back then.
Jackson definitely rated him highly and he's likely one of the players to make way at the end of the year given Geelong's strong list
Would not surprise me at all if he was at Punt Road next year, shouldn't cost us much either

Ramps

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2010, 02:08:02 PM »
Jackson definitely rated him highly and he's likely one of the players to make way at the end of the year given Geelong's strong list
Would not surprise me at all if he was at Punt Road next year, shouldn't cost us much either

As long as we dont go overboard on getting players from other clubs I will be happy. Djekurra from what I remember was considered a really strong medium type defender (half back) who could have a run in the midfield. I could accept 1 or 2 players like Djekurra coming to Richmond as long as they dont cost us much draft wise.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2010, 04:07:48 PM »
Maric played for the Demons on the weekend.

11 kicks, 5 handballs, 5 marks, 1 behind and 1 tackle.

I didn't see him, so not sure how he looked.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2010, 08:29:34 PM »
Dangerfield has re-signed with the Crows for another 2 years

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2010, 10:55:28 PM »
Hutchy said tonight Travis Cloke has been asked by Collingwood to take a pay cut and a more performance based contract. Discussions have been held off until the end of the year. He was on $400k a year after his B&F year in 2007.

Also problems at Brisbane with salary cap pressures and Brennan and Rischitelli out of contract. Rischitelli still not over he was put up in that initial trade attempt to get Fev to Brisbane.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2010, 08:44:09 PM »
Hutchy said tonight Travis Cloke has been asked by Collingwood to take a pay cut and a more performance based contract. Discussions have been held off until the end of the year. He was on $400k a year after his B&F year in 2007.

Good money for a guy who doesn't do much!!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2010, 05:19:31 PM »

Good money for a guy who doesn't do much!!
Except kicking points  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2010, 04:59:41 AM »
Nick Carnell (Coburg Tigers) - Fresh from seven goals and 24 disposals against the Dolphins, Carnell has long been linked to Richmond after doing a pre-season at the Tigers last season.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/exhawk-tests-wings-for-box-hill-20100806-11ol7.html

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2010, 08:27:51 PM »

As long as we dont go overboard on getting players from other clubs I will be happy. Djekurra from what I remember was considered a really strong medium type defender (half back) who could have a run in the midfield. I could accept 1 or 2 players like Djekurra coming to Richmond as long as they dont cost us much draft wise.

would be a total waste of a pick like that permanent seconds player that went to port A from geelong Davenport and has done didly sqwat...in fact davonport prob had more form...not sure Ive ever seen this kid in best at VFL level :-\
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2010, 09:18:30 PM »
With all due respect I think Djekurra and Varcoe were virtually at the same level in circa 2007-08 and Varcoe has become a regular fixture whilst blokes like Hogan when Geelong have injuries and suspensions gets the gig ahead of him. Furthermore when Stokes was suspended for the first eight rounds he was still unable to break into the side. With blokes like Troy Taylor waiting in the wings at our club trading for blokes like Djekurra  IMO would be an excess or whatever way he comes to the club. I would only look for him if he would cost us nothing. I think there are better players available who may be disgruntled at their clubs.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2010, 10:50:43 AM »
I've just been reading that Carlton will be after a tall defender.

With Judd getting on, the Blues will be looking to trade away picks so they can have a shot at glory before Judd is finished.

They might pay over the odds, like they did with McLean and Warnock, for a defender.

McGuane, Moore or Thursfield worth their first rounder?