Author Topic: Take a good look at yourself Wallace  (Read 11924 times)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Take a good look at yourself Wallace
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2007, 08:09:32 PM »
Who knows.
Everytime they gain possesion they look sideways not forward.
Go and have a good look at tapes from 2005 and 2006.

Might just add thaht the hawks have got some great pick ups in the past 2-3 years.
Players such as Lewis, Roughead, Franklin,Taylor, Ellis, Dowler, Birchall, Bailey, Muston, Young, Gilham and McGlynn are much better in skills and are overall better talented than our picks.

Many of those whilst elite youngsters are yet to be proven at senior level.
Lewis, Roughead, Franklin and Birchall have made their mark
Taylor is a plodder.
Ellis looks OK
Dowler is struggling at Box Hill
Bailey did a knee so can't say much
Muston is a freak but yet to do anything at AFL or VFL level for that matter
Young is OK
Gilham skinny but probably will make it
McGlyn don't rate, thinks he is much better than he actually is

Life goes on

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2007, 08:12:48 PM »
Hate to disappoint you Bluey
McGlynn is a gun.
Taylor was good today in the ruck.
Would say that McGlynn is just as good as Foley even better

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2007, 08:33:42 PM »
You have your opinions Jack, and I have mine. If we disagree then we disagree

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2007, 09:14:31 PM »
Taylor is 25. Hardly a kid.

The Hawks had 12 players playing today that they had on their 2003 list:
Bateman, Boyle, Brown, Campbell, Crawford, Dixon, Hodge, Mitchell, Osbourne#, Sewell#, Smith and Taylor.

Missing were Clarke, Ladson, Vandenberg, Williams.

Geez that's most of their best 22 in 2007.

The Pies had 14 from 2003 against Freo on Friday night with Bucks, Clement and Licuria missing. Once again most of their best 22 in 2007.

We had just 7 from 2003 playing Saturday night: Joel, Sugar, Newman, Petts, Richo, Schulz, Tivs.

Missing were Cogs, Hyde, Krak, Moore#

This myth that the Hawks and us started from the same point is crap. Same goes comparing us with the Pies. Even the Blues had 10 players from 2003 in their side today.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2007, 09:32:13 PM »
There is no point arguing facts MT.

We as a supporter group are ferals.

We want the team to tank and take the best kids, yet at the same time win all the games :wallywink

We say the players are schit, yet want to sack the coach because he can't make them superstars...even though they are schit ;)::)

We complain when the media call us favourites for the spoon, then say we knew all along we were schit, the coach is schit, the players are schit.

And we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it and we say it, and we say it,  :banghead

My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2007, 09:53:55 PM »

Might just add thaht the hawks have got some great pick ups in the past 2-3 years.
Players such as Lewis, Roughead, Franklin,Taylor, Ellis, Dowler, Birchall, Bailey, Muston, Young, Gilham and McGlynn are much better in skills and are overall better talented than our picks.
You forget to mention that the Hawks have also had a heap more early picks than us in the last 2 years, including priority picks. It does give them a lot of extra help when comparing our drafting over the last 2 years.

I agree that McGlynn is looking good at the moment

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2007, 10:08:06 PM »
There is no point arguing facts MT.

We as a supporter group are ferals.

We want the team to tank and take the best kids, yet at the same time win all the games :wallywink

We say the players are schit, yet want to sack the coach because he can't make them superstars...even though they are schit ;)::)

We complain when the media call us favourites for the spoon, then say we knew all along we were schit, the coach is schit, the players are schit.

And we say it, and we say it, and we say it, and we say it, .... 

:banghead

Exactly Fwoy - that was the point I tried to make early this morning. I have no idea what people actually want.

Before the season started there were so many people who said we'd win the spoon and be lucky to win half a dozen games. Guess what it looks like they were right and .....

guess what they are complaining because they think we should be winning.

We have a young list that's not an excuse it is fact because I keep reading about "facts" but shock horror I keep reading that the state of out list is a bad thing. We don't win, have a young list and that's a bad thing because .. well it's just bad.

But at the same time people don't want us to win because we want the first pick in the draft. Like hello what is we want.....

If we want to deal in facts ..well from where I am sitting these are the facts.. With the exception of the Geelong game and the first half of the Port Adel game we have been absolutely competitive in every single one of them. Yes we should have won a couple of them but we haven't.

Without doubt put Simmonds back in the team and we win games - no doubt. Put Brown back in that side just in last nights game and we would have won IMHO

There has been improvement - look at Foley. this time last year a number of people said he wouldn't make it.Right now after 10 rounds he would be leading the B&F. Jake King has been a find for us when alot of people question why we rookied him. We've had a glimps of Edwards and he looks good. I've seen Jack, Connors, Clingan running around at Coburg and it doesn't look half bad. I've seen Thursfield comeback from a horrific knee injury and looks like a 10 year FB for us...

But that's not what we want is it .... whatever

« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 10:27:47 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2007, 10:16:41 PM »
Name Names  :scream

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2007, 10:18:46 PM »
Name Names  :scream

??? Who are you asking to name names Ramps

I am confused  ;D  :help
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2007, 10:21:36 PM »
Those that talk the most think they are always right...actually they are just reptititive.

WHO is the messiah that will take on the Richmond job? Especially with the knowledge that there are numerous people waiting in the wings to bitch and moan and stab them in the back the instant they make a mistake. Bitterness smothers almost everything written on this board sometimes.  :whistle
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2007, 10:26:29 PM »
McGlynn is a gem. I'm hoping Jake King turns out to be our equivalent.

Seem to recall someone at Richmond, maybe Dale Weightman, talking him up and saying he was a family friend or relative.
Someone here might know.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2007, 10:43:31 PM »

Seem to recall someone at Richmond, maybe Dale Weightman, talking him up and saying he was a family friend or relative.
Someone here might know.

Wouldnt Foley already be the equivalent?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »

Someone here might know.
You're right FF. McGlynn's uncle was the Flea's best man at his wedding. Flea has known the McGlynn family for years. McGlynn comes from Wentworth which is across the Murray from Mildura where Flea came from.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21817399%255E19742,00.html

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2007, 10:50:10 PM »
Wouldnt Foley already be the equivalent?
Possibly. I'm thinking more along the lines of coming from the VFL at a more mature age and cracking it at AFL level. McGlynn has a year on Jake. Look to be similar players too.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Ox

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2007, 12:05:13 AM »

Exactly Fwoy - that was the point I tried to make early this morning. I have no idea what people actually want.

Killer post Fwoyken :thumbsup

Well WP,

My story is as follows.

I believe Wallace is doing a decent job at coaching a side maligned firstly by injury to KPs and secondly,inexperienced kids.

I believe he,like anyone that acheives anything,has made bad decisions regarding the footy club but overall is
moving forward using what "tools" he can find(pardon the pun) at this given time.

I think his decision making initially was somewhat governed by the wrath of the feral Tiger-man but hey,who can blame him.

When your team captain makes a crucial mistake like he did last nite in the final qtr one can hardly blame coaching...