Author Topic: Foley on SEN  (Read 1015 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Foley on SEN
« on: January 14, 2008, 05:03:15 PM »
Foley was on SEN just before 5pm with Leach and Schwarz:

* Progression to where he is now has been over time. Fortunately had a couple of full preseasons and spent time with the coaches. Things have just fitted together.

* Where to improve? There's always room for improvement. He wants to become a more damaging midfielder. Said he only kicked 5 goals last year which is unacceptable for midfielder. Needs and wants to become more damaging.

* We've had a few players come off the rookie list. Thursty, Kingy, and Moore who's training real well at the moment.

* All midfielders have to deal with attention. Important to learn to deal with that attention as the elite do (Judd, Kerr). Also important that as a team we protect each other and learn the tricks to break a tag.

* Simmo looking a million dollars. Can't wait to have him out there.

* Cogs getting back into full training now. Important to us as he's a hard nut, inside midfielder.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Foley on SEN
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 05:38:19 PM »
* Where to improve? There's always room for improvement. He wants to become a more damaging midfielder. Said he only kicked 5 goals last year which is unacceptable for midfielder. Needs and wants to become more damaging.

* All midfielders have to deal with attention. Important to learn to deal with that attention as the elite do (Judd, Kerr). Also important that as a team we protect each other and learn the tricks to break a tag.
I know there's a lot of fluff talk at this time of year but geez it was good to hear Axel not resting on his laurels and wanting to push himself to the elite level. Makes a refreshing change. No mention of him being injured either.

Also I hope he's right about Kel.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 07:22:04 PM »

Also I hope he's right about Kel.

So do I .. so do I  :pray
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 07:11:31 AM »
kel is going fine and will surprise many in 08

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 01:20:32 PM »
Kel's a big boy now (literally). He has to deliver this year.

As for Axel, you can tell just from training that he wants to be a winner. The intensity and footy smarts are all there and a perfect example to the cubs. As a friend at training said to me, you can tell who wants it by those who do extra at and after training.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 01:39:10 PM »
If kelvin Moore can hold down a back line spot for most of this season it will be a huge bonus for us and gives us a lot more options defensively.
Here's hoping the hype re his improvement amounts to something. :pray