Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 878499 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #6240 on: May 19, 2023, 12:50:40 PM »
From Barrett's 'Sliding Doors' column:

IF ...
Dusty's four-goal performance in round nine was arguably his best game since the 2020 Grand Final

THEN ...
he's baaaaack. Hope he backs it up in Dreamtime on Saturday night.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/927436/if-trac-and-clarry-have-polled-137-votes-in-three-years-then

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #6241 on: May 20, 2023, 10:56:16 PM »
Thought he was excellent, and McGrath played pretty well on him I thought. Was a great match up.

I think we missed a huge trick not playing him more in the midfield. Hardwick said he was going to spend more midfield and haven't seen him at all in there.
Go Tigers!

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #6242 on: May 21, 2023, 12:03:24 AM »
He’s still good.

Not enough class around him now.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6243 on: May 21, 2023, 12:06:13 AM »
Thought he was excellent, and McGrath played pretty well on him I thought. Was a great match up.

Certainly was a great match up

Would have made all the difference if that kick at the end of the 3rd had been a goal
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6244 on: May 21, 2023, 02:17:04 AM »

Would have made all the difference if that kick at the end of the 3rd had been a goal

Would it? We’d have found a way to choke that extra goal anyway.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6245 on: May 21, 2023, 10:17:04 AM »

Would it? We’d have found a way to choke that extra goal anyway.

As I am still bloody peeved, just trying to be a tad positive...

I know it ain't working  :help
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6246 on: May 22, 2023, 04:02:24 PM »
Dusty is averaging 23.3 disposals and 2.3 goals per match over the past 3 weeks.

He was one of the Tigers’ best in their one-point loss to Essendon in last Saturday night’s Dreamtime at the ‘G’ clash, with 24 disposals, nine contested possessions, four inside-50s, two goals, an equal game-high nine score involvements, four intercepts, four tackles and 319 metres gained.

Across the entire season so far, Martin is averaging 21.2 disposals, 9.1 contested possessions, 5.0 marks, 5.0 inside-50s, 1.2 goals, 6.8 score involvements and 362.0 metres gained per game.

He is currently third on Richmond’s goalkicking list this year with 11 goals, behind Shai Bolton, 13 goals and Jack Riewoldt, 16 goals.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1337675/dusty-tracking-well

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6247 on: May 23, 2023, 01:07:07 PM »
From SEN:

Tom Morris questioned the impact this will have on superstar Dustin Martin.

A player who will go down as an all-time great, Martin has had Hardwick as his biggest supporter and defender who publicly backed in the three-time Norm Smith Medallist when he took leave last year.

“Damien Hardwick and Dustin Matin are indelibly linked,” Morris added.

“I’m not sure that Dustin Martin would have signed on long-term if Damien Hardwick wasn’t such a big supporter of him.

“Dustin Martin is out of contract at the end of next year and it remains to be see what will happen beyond that to his hunger and desire to play at the top level.

“He’s achieved everything there is to achieve.”

Hardwick was appointed in Martin's first year at Punt Road and the duo have shared all the highs and lows footy has to offer.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/05/22/how-hardwicks-exit-could-impact-tigers-star-and-the-awkward-talks-with/

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #6248 on: May 23, 2023, 03:31:28 PM »
Such a grub Tom Morris.
Go Tigers!

Broadsword

« Reply #6249 on: May 23, 2023, 03:41:18 PM »
Such a grub Tom Morris.
How does he get the scoop? That's what I don't get. Who has the inside word and goes, "Tom Morris, that's who I'll give the story to." Barrett was at pains to repeatedly mention that it was Morris who broke the story -- like he was personally trying to resurrect his career or something.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #6250 on: May 23, 2023, 04:29:29 PM »
Such a grub Tom Morris.
How does he get the scoop? That's what I don't get. Who has the inside word and goes, "Tom Morris, that's who I'll give the story to." Barrett was at pains to repeatedly mention that it was Morris who broke the story -- like he was personally trying to resurrect his career or something.

They're probably mates, Hutchy has helped him out too

At the end of the day all he did was say it's a pity a hot chick is a lesbo. So what
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Broadsword

« Reply #6251 on: May 23, 2023, 04:33:00 PM »
Such a grub Tom Morris.

At the end of the day all he did was say it's a pity a hot chick is a lesbo. So what
Meh. I don't agree with your flippancy there (she was publicly outed), but not the day for that sort of debate.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6252 on: May 23, 2023, 04:35:07 PM »
Such a grub Tom Morris.

Meh. I don't agree with your flippancy there (she was publicly outed), but not the day for that sort of debate.

Not by Morris she wasn't. He knew she was gay, told a few mates and one of them leaked it to the media who told the world.

Everyone leaks, everyone wants the scoop.

Live and let live
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Broadsword

« Reply #6253 on: May 23, 2023, 04:45:34 PM »
Such a grub Tom Morris.

Not by Morris she wasn't. He knew she was gay, told a few mates and one of them leaked it to the media who told the world.

Everyone leaks, everyone wants the scoop.

Live and let live
Yeah, I never keep secrets when people entrust me with them. I've made a lot of lifelong friendships that way.

I take it back: Morris is a gentleman and a scholar. He's my kinda guy.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6254 on: May 23, 2023, 04:46:29 PM »
 :clapping