Author Topic: Conca bump [update: all clear from MRP]  (Read 4875 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Conca bump
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 09:06:45 PM »
Alas I think he might get a holiday for a few weeks. :help

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 09:10:53 PM »
It didn't really look like a bump, just clipped him with the arm as he was trying to get the ball.

Had 2 options, go for the ball or bump the opponent. He went for the ball, Christensen came back on and kicked a goal.

So
Wasn't intentional, Maybe reckless.
In play.
High contact
Low Impact. (Christensen came back on minutes later)

1 week max?
Go Tigers!

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 09:30:02 PM »
He slid into the contest, if goodes went then he could be in strife
Totally different situations. Goodes slid in with his knees which is very dangerous.

I just saw the Foxtel highlights on the Herald-Sun website and they showed the Conca 'bump'. With the MRP you never know but looking at the clip about 10 times I think Reece may still get off. Ellis tackles Christensen to the ground with an arm pinned. Christensen while on the ground tries to lift his upper body up and for a split second looks like he's about to try and get a handball out to his teammate which is what Reece reacts to. However the contact which results from Reece sliding in with his body from the side (it wasn't front on) causes the ball to drop camera side under Christensen (leaving him face down) and Ellis grabs the ball and runs away. Clearly the ump (mistakenly?) believed Conca came in from the side and contacted with Christensen's side (shoulder rather than the head) otherwise the ump would've paid the free. Then again the ump made have paid holding the ball against Christensen first and then allowed advantage to Ellis.

Go to 1:20 in the clip attached to the match report:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/geelong-holds-on-to-topple-richmond-by-10-points/story-e6frf9jf-1226335536844
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 06:43:11 AM »
I couldn't see any head contact, he was foxing
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 06:56:30 AM »
From where I was sitting which was behind the far point post (and I think there was a camera near by) his knee clearly copped the base of Christenson's head and his neck and didn't look good. Watching the replay last night it doesn't look as bad but still doens't look great for Conca

So going by the MRP assess theses things that is very INCONSISTENTLY & coupled with how he has points from the pre-season I still reckon he is strife

Clearly the ump (mistakenly?) believed Conca came in from the side and contacted with Christensen's side (shoulder rather than the head) otherwise the ump would've paid the free. Then again the ump made have paid holding the ball against Christensen first and then allowed advantage to Ellis.

Clearly like a lot of situations during the game the ump was on the blind side of the play; hate seeing umpires guessing simply becuase they are out of position  >:(
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 08:37:21 AM »
could do without this...
At least Tucky is still flying, he will be in brownlow contention soon ROAR!
Lots of people name their swords......

Ruanaidh

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 12:56:32 PM »
Think he's ok from what I saw. BTW he made the skill errors after the bump so he may have been distracted.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 01:19:19 PM »
Conca should still get 2 weeks because he failed to take out the player completely. When you go after a player at least make it worthwhile and put the little bludger out of business for afew weeks. Conca should be shown tapes of Neil Balme in action. Thats how you do it, and I forgot to add Jackson should get 6 weeks coz we're all sick of watching him play. ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Conca all clear from MRP
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 05:04:51 PM »
Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane twitter

"Reece Conca cleared contact A Christensen. Conca attempting to win possession and he had no realistic alternative way to contest the ball."

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Conca bump [update: all clear from MRP]
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 05:07:22 PM »
Well thats a relief, Conca really needs to watch himself though, if he keeps pushing it he will go and for a while!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

tony_montana

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 05:24:44 PM »
 :clapping

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 05:25:42 PM »
 :clapping :clapping

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 05:44:49 PM »
Official Match Review Panel Report

Contact between Richmond's Reece Conca and the Geelong Cats' Allen Christensen from the fourth quarter of Sunday's match was assessed. Christensen has the ball when he is tackled by Richmond player Brandon Ellis. As Christensen goes to ground, the tackle is released and the ball spills free. Christensen attempts to regain possession of the ball and he is met high by Conca, who is coming in to contest the ball. It was the view of the panel that Conca was attempting to win possession and he had no realistic alternative way to contest the ball. No further action was taken.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Instead both Trent West and Steve Johnson (twice) were reported:

Trent West, Geelong, has been charged with a Level one engaging in rough conduct offence against Ty Vickery, Richmond, during the first quarter of the round Four match between the Geelong Cats and Richmond, played at Simonds Stadium on Sunday April 22, 2012,

In summary, due to a five-year good record, he can accept a reprimand and 70.31 points towards his future record with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Richmond Football Club, the incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level one offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has an existing five-year good record, which reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 93.75 points towards his future record and a reprimand. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 70.30 demerit points towards his future record and a reprimand.

Steve Johnson, Geelong, has been charged with a Level one engaging in rough conduct offence against Chris Newman, Richmond, during the first quarter of the round Four match between the Geelong Cats and Richmond, played at Simonds Stadium on Sunday April 22, 2012.

In summary, due to his previous poor record, his one-match sanction must remain at one game, even with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Richmond Football Club, the incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level one offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has an existing bad record of three matches suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 30 per cent to 162.50 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 121.88 points and a one-match sanction.

Steve Johnson, Geelong, has been charged with a Level one tripping offence against Daniel Jackson, Richmond, during the fourth quarter of the round Four match between the Geelong Cats and Richmond, played at Simonds Stadium on Sunday April 22, 2012.

In summary, he can accept a reprimand and 78 points towards his future record with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Richmond Football Club, the incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level one offence, drawing 80 demerit points and a reprimand. He has an existing bad record of three matches suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 30 per cent to 104 demerit points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 78 demerit points towards his future record.

As there are two cases involving Steve Johnson from the one game, PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FINAL PENALTY FOR JOHNSON, IF THERE ARE MULTIPLE CASES, WILL BE THE TOTAL OF ALL DEMERIT POINTS FOR ALL OFFENCES. For each 100 points, a one-match penalty must be served.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/133876/default.aspx