Author Topic: Essendon Carcass / Hurley could walk as rivals circle (Herald-Sun)  (Read 44641 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Essendon Carcass / Hurley could walk as rivals circle (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #165 on: June 12, 2016, 01:31:44 PM »
Forget it, we couldn't attract a 6 meter great white in a bath tub full of dead seals let alone Hurley or any other player of note!!! The RFC story!
A six metre great white wouldn't fit in a bath tub WAT.

Depends how big the bath is innit
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2016, 02:26:05 PM »
Well stop making it so easy.....

Mate it was a saying so don't be so stupid. Just like saying "siphon the python"......we all know what that means don't we, we don't over analyse it do we to the point of being ridiculous.. ..so wake up FFS.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2016, 09:10:13 PM »
"Mick Hurley I caught up with and it was good to see the man," Chapman told radio station RSN 927 on Tuesday.

"I just asked him about his future and what he's thinking and everything like that. And obviously knowing Mick, he's a very loyal person and he loves the Essendon Football Club and his teammates but, I don't know, there was just something in the way that we spoke that just made me think that maybe he's still hurting a little bit from everything that's happened.

"Whether or not he's totally over it or not, it didn't really look like it to me.

"I think he'll stay because he's loyal but it wasn't definite. I thought I would be able to gauge exactly what was going on (but) it was sort of hard to gauge exactly how he was feeling."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-season-2016-paul-chapman-expects-hurt-michael-hurley-to-stay-at-essendon-20160613-gpiblx.html

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2016, 11:06:32 AM »
The nazis were loyal too
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2016, 11:12:53 AM »
The nazis were loyal too

Laughed so hard at this. Because your username is Stalin.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2016, 12:28:30 AM »
If we can get Hurley we can improve quickly IMO. I am curtain of it!!
Rance and Grimes need desperate help down back and if we could secure Hurley we are set there for 5,6,7 years.
Add a healthy Yarran and McIntosh and we have the makings of a very talented backline.
We need another KPF and some big bodied mids but it's a very good start.

Add Barlow and draft a Stringer/C. Oliver/Cripps type. Big, hard, AGILE mids. That is the prototype of today's footy.
No more soft, quiet, skinny introverts. Forget about them having good character, just make sure they can HUNT the footy. We need competitive beasts, not little boys.
Go hard at Tomlinson. Promise him a spot in the midfield and tell him to tell the GWS to get stuffed and he is heading to Tigerland.
Go hard at a decent YOUNG ruckman. There will be some available, so just hold your jets until things unfold at the end of the year.
Trade out guys that consistently let us down - Vickery, Griffiths, BEllis, Houli, and get some kids that want to TACKLE and run both ways.
But most importantly get rid of FJ and Dimma's outdated, outrageous, outlandish game plan. Let our guys play attacking, high risk, high reward footy. Give us supporters something decent to watch while we wait for some of the new guys to improve and get to the level needed.
Come on Tigers, shut your mouth about making finals and look to the future. Start the ball rolling on decisions for next year. Speak to managers, get in their ears and make these guys offers they cannot refuse. It can be done!

Good post Tone.
It gives hope that this debacle could possibly be turned around pretty quickly. There is some urgency to this, it needs to happen while our stars are still in their prime.

I am still holding out hope for Hurley. Why would he wait until the end of the season to announce what he is doing. That is usually a sign that you are off.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2016, 12:14:31 PM »
ESSENDON would receive no free agency compensation pick if Michael Hurley walked out to one of a growing list of AFL suitors.

The All-Australian centre half-back remains unwilling to commit to the Bombers.

The collective bargaining agreement states if a player can prove a breach of contract their club has not been able to remedy, they are able to terminate their contract.

The club must then immediately terminate their contract, allowing them to move to their club of choice as a delisted free agent.

The player could prove that breach either through the AFL’s grievance tribunal or through a court of law.

Clubs including the Western Bulldogs, Adelaide and North Melbourne are believed to be monitoring his situation with interest.

The 26-year-old seems genuinely torn between his love of Essendon and his frustration their conduct left him sidelined in the peak of his career.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/essendon-to-get-no-free-agency-compensation-pick-if-michael-hurley-decides-to-leave-the-bombers/news-story/a2f3094a8db28b8edd2b23dc40493c80

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2016, 12:16:50 PM »
 :shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #173 on: June 28, 2016, 04:01:39 AM »
Hurley is going away according to Ch 7, so there will be no announcement soon on whether Hurley quits Essendon or not. Worsfold is apparently seeking a meeting before Hurley goes.

tony_montana

« Reply #174 on: June 28, 2016, 03:57:03 PM »
He's gone. I just hope we're the club that have got him.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #175 on: June 28, 2016, 04:20:23 PM »
So your Hurley and your making yourself a cup of tea and there's a knock at the front door, you peek out the window and you see Dumma & Lard with a box of chocolates in hand & ones holding a brief case. Just while your contemplating answering the door you get another knock at the back door at you peek out the other window & it's Clarko & Ratten with a box of chocolates & a briefcase in hand.

What do you do?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #176 on: June 28, 2016, 04:32:30 PM »
grab a picture mag and head off to the crapper for 1/2 an hour so
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: June 28, 2016, 06:39:21 PM »
So your Hurley and your making yourself a cup of tea and there's a knock at the front door, you peek out the window and you see Dumma & Lard with a box of chocolates in hand & ones holding a brief case. Just while your contemplating answering the door you get another knock at the back door at you peek out the other window & it's Clarko & Ratten with a box of chocolates & a briefcase in hand.

What do you do?

Just go to the drug cheat - taxi driver bashing flogs house with a 8 million dollar Check and tell him he gets to play next to rance an grimes

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2016, 12:13:09 AM »
ESSENDON will put a timeline in place to know the plans of its six banned players who remain uncommitted for next year as the club edges towards the end of its 2016 season.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-15/essendon-planning-timeline-for-uncommitted-banned-bombers

tony_montana

« Reply #179 on: July 16, 2016, 01:38:20 PM »
Was just listening to SEN and they said Hurleys management told Richmond he wasn't interested in going to the Tigers..