Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 275484 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2016, 12:02:32 PM »
Bad culture at the Gold Coast.
Unleash the tornado

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2016, 12:20:49 PM »
The craziest one was Lloyd talking about Hurley.
Barrett said that in talking to his lawyer mates that Hurley could break the contract for next year solely due to Essendon having plead guilty over OH&S failings.

Hutchy then said that wouldn't happen, they'd just do a trade to keep everyone happy.

Lloyd then piped in and said he talked to someone down at Essendon and they want a player of equal ability to Hurley in exchange. Suggested it would be a massive deal and may involve three clubs to get it done. Essendon would hold firm and only trade for someone of the standing of Rance. (He did say that it wouldn't be Rance but someone of that calibre).

Now during the game on the weekend the commentators said that Rance was clearly the best defender in the game.

Then Lloyd spouts this crap that Hurley is equal to him ie the best defender in the comp. Why one of the other deadheads didn't point out this crap is anyone's guess?
Hurley isn't even in the top half dozen key defenders (Rance, Davis, Talia, Reid, Taylor, Lonergan, Birchall, McDonald, Thompson, McKenzie) and has lost a year.

Another stupid thing is the idea that anyone will trade a similar type player. You trade your extras for a shortage. Why trade a Rance for a Hurley? You're back in the same spot or worse.

For me, I'm not interested in Hurley. If you want a tall defender take a Marchbank who may be slightly shorter but is going to be a better player, is behind Davis and wants to come home to Victoria. If Hurley WANTS to come to Richmond, which is doubtful over a Bulldogs, then give them someone like a Lennon. A type who has underperformed and we've got a few of coming through. If Hurley wants to leave then they should have to take less than what he's worth. And still Essendon don't understand why no one wants to deal with them. 

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2016, 01:01:32 PM »
Correct.

All these teams are weak as water giving them picks

Tey are free u dumbasses
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2016, 03:41:13 PM »
Well the Dons can't really play hardball. If they can't get the deal done, Hurley can just walk for free.

Interesting their thoughts on Prestia. I would have said around about a top 10, seems I was offering overs. If they could get it done for Vickery's compo pick we'll be laughing all the way to the (proverbial) bank.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2016, 05:47:26 PM »
Well the Dons can't really play hardball. If they can't get the deal done, Hurley can just walk for free.

He cant walk, he's contracted to the EFC for 2017

He can appeal to have the contract made null and void due to the the supplement saga

But as it stands right now he is contracted and can only change clubs via an agreed trade
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2016, 06:37:09 PM »
He can walk

He contract is not valid

He's free
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2016, 07:59:32 PM »

He cant walk, he's contracted to the EFC for 2017

He can appeal to have the contract made null and void due to the the supplement saga

But as it stands right now he is contracted and can only change clubs via an agreed trade

As I said in my last post about Barrett.
Part of any contract is the club will provide a safe working environment.
They pled guilty to a Workcover charge of failing to provide such a workplace and were fined $300,000.
They also have their key medical person still in place even though he failed in his duties.
Regardless of what compensation is paid to the players for a year long suspension they will always carry the loss to their reputation of being drug cheats.
They have also paid the cost of a loss of reputation for not playing during their prime career.

All that is enough to void any contract.
Essendon cannot enforce the contract and will try to get the best trade deal instead.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2016, 09:11:58 PM »
As I said in my last post about Barrett.
Part of any contract is the club will provide a safe working environment.
They pled guilty to a Workcover charge of failing to provide such a workplace and were fined $300,000.
They also have their key medical person still in place even though he failed in his duties.
Regardless of what compensation is paid to the players for a year long suspension they will always carry the loss to their reputation of being drug cheats.
They have also paid the cost of a loss of reputation for not playing during their prime career.

All that is enough to void any contract.
Essendon cannot enforce the contract and will try to get the best trade deal instead.

I understand all that. Yes the contract on request /appeal can declared void but the player has to request.

So unless he appeals to the AFL (Grievance Tribunal) to get the contract void he remains contracted for 2017, that was my point. The AFL want to avoid that scenario hence why the Bombers have said publicly any player requests a trade will be granted a trade

He can walk

He contract is not valid

He's free

Please see above

He is contracted, until he appeals to have his contract declared void he remains contracted

So he is not "free"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2016, 09:17:10 PM »
He's free

Cause his contract is void

Cause efc a bunch of drug cheating drug cheats

tony_montana

« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2016, 09:46:39 PM »
He will need to take them to court to be released, likelihood is he'd win as well.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2016, 09:56:07 PM »
He will need to take them to court to be released, likelihood is he'd win as well.

Absolutely but until he does, he remains contracted

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2016, 09:57:36 PM »
He's free

I know this is  really hard for you to comprehend but right now his contract is not void

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2016, 09:59:18 PM »
He's free

I know this is  really hard for you to comprehend but right now his contract is not void
:lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2016, 10:03:32 PM »
Technically right is the best kind of right isn't it

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2016, 10:09:44 PM »
I think thats the point. If the option is there, then for all intended purposes he's a free agent, which is exactly my point. Essendon cant play hardball, the ball is firmly not in their court.