Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 275567 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #225 on: August 20, 2016, 09:43:39 PM »
absolutely.
glad i am not the the only one who can see just how good our recruiters are and have absolute faith in them
 :cheers
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2016, 10:53:59 PM »
There's another Conca out there just waiting in the wings for FJ's midas touch.... :clapping
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2016, 11:43:53 PM »
There's another Conca out there just waiting in the wings for FJ's midas touch.... :clapping

Ben Ainsworth is the target & wants to come to Richmond

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #228 on: August 21, 2016, 08:14:52 AM »
The smart move will be to hand over next years first pick. If they are that sure we will improve then pick 6 2016 >>>pick 14 2017. The other point is with Patrick Naish coming along we will only have to give away a second rounder for him as we won't have a first rounder. :shh

Sounds good in theory.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: August 21, 2016, 10:42:40 AM »
It's amazing how many idiots don't want Prestia because of his height alone.

I agree, it's like saying you wouldn't take Caleb Daniel either. Or we should never have played Miles

I'd like to keep pick 6 as well personally, but as I've said repeatedly - if we can't guarantee that we'll nail the pick then grabbing an 8-year A-grade player is surely the next best thing.

Would happily offer Deledio as part of the trade. He'd probably like playing alongside Lynch and Wright.

Wait, surely you aren't saying Deledio and pick 6 for Prestia? :gobdrop

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: August 21, 2016, 10:44:00 AM »
The smart move will be to hand over next years first pick. If they are that sure we will improve then pick 6 2016 >>>pick 14 2017. The other point is with Patrick Naish coming along we will only have to give away a second rounder for him as we won't have a first rounder. :shh

Not sure it works that way anymore. Need to use multiple picks to get the "points". Without knowing where he'll be ranked and how the points system fully works it might cost us our 2nd and 3rd rounder for example

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #231 on: August 21, 2016, 11:34:51 PM »
It's amazing how many idiots don't want Prestia because of his height alone.

I agree, it's like saying you wouldn't take Caleb Daniel either. Or we should never have played Miles

I'd like to keep pick 6 as well personally, but as I've said repeatedly - if we can't guarantee that we'll nail the pick then grabbing an 8-year A-grade player is surely the next best thing.

Would happily offer Deledio as part of the trade. He'd probably like playing alongside Lynch and Wright.

Wait, surely you aren't saying Deledio and pick 6 for Prestia? :gobdrop

Of course not. One or the other. I would rather trade Deledio for Prestia than pick 6 to be honest. I don't trust our recruitment team enough to use pick 6 well, but would rather keep it regardless in hope that we can not stuff it up.

Just saying Lids is cooked IMO. If he can play 50 games over the next three years he should consider himself lucky the way he's been going.

Poor guy deserves a chance at success and if he has currency I would consider trading him - better than having him warm the bench with Yarran half the year.

Pick 6 + Deledio to GCS would have to include something very useful coming our way with Prestia. Such as Peter Wright and maybe a ruckman or a KPD.

tony_montana

« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2016, 08:21:13 AM »

No way YBB, next year is loaded with KP talent,I'd rather we held next years. Pretty sure we'll be in a similar position this time next year with one difference, hardwick will be sacked and we'll all be lamenting another wasted year. Can you imagine the uproar if we had traded next years first pick on top of that?  :lol

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #233 on: August 22, 2016, 10:26:09 AM »
If we could get GWS picks 14 and 15 for Lids and ontrade one of those for prestia i reckon it would be a good outcome. Gws will have a heap of picks but this year will pay overs for premium talent for a tilt at a premiership.

Praying for a early second round compensation for Vickery.

Early second round for ellis (i thought he was worth pick 30 but apparently others rate him higher) and same for edwards.

FO conca for a pick around 30. West Coast have pick 31 atm.

Ins would leave us something like

Pick 6, 14, Prestia, 20, 21,22,31 and 42.

Gets rid of lids (old and injury prone) edwards (hot and cold, and starting to get on) and squibs Ellis and Conca.

Into the starting 22 side comes Prestia, McIntosh, Menadue, C Ellis. Debut the picks when ready.

Still hoping for a bit more of a clean out but not sure we will go harder than retirements plus Batch.

Basically my best case scenario outcome id wake up with half a chub if it went down this way .
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #234 on: August 22, 2016, 01:36:37 PM »
Old an injury prone but a lot better than Menadue / Mcintosh ... Going by yesterday c Ellis is a fair way behind too

What's the plan rebuild or try to win the flag inside the rance-time frame?

If option two, the side if a lot better with deledio than without
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline halfstep_halfwit

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2016, 06:35:38 PM »
Old an injury prone but a lot better than Menadue / Mcintosh ... Going by yesterday c Ellis is a fair way behind too

What's the plan rebuild or try to win the flag inside the rance-time frame?

If option two, the side if a lot better with deledio than without

I don't think we should trade anyone.
Think we look really good for next year with natural improvement and all.
Just you wait and see!!

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #236 on: August 22, 2016, 06:59:55 PM »
I'm really looking forward to sing this "human metaball" as they call him play along side Grigg, Houli, Hampson at the famous G in front of 40 odd thousand. Should be a jolly ol treat
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #237 on: August 22, 2016, 07:02:30 PM »
Will enable us to go sideways with more conviction
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #238 on: August 22, 2016, 07:06:37 PM »
Will enable us to go sideways with more conviction

Possibly, my favourite man over of Damien to watch is when we chip it sideways back and fourth and as the opposition forwards close in we get closer towards our goals till we fumble (give me a little fright) then eventually concede a behind. Personally there's nothing more exciting
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #239 on: August 22, 2016, 11:10:49 PM »
It's about time forcings back moved beyond the school playground and local footy training and started being played at a professional level for the paying public.....said no-one ever....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.