Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 275494 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #540 on: October 14, 2016, 06:10:23 PM »
This deal smelled like bs from the start, some injured player lobs up out of the blue and says he wants to play for us and GC want a top pick for him, what a magical alignment of the stars.  Just like Yarran.  RFC multiple trade molestation victim getting set up again.
This!....it's a Yarran re-run and we will get bent over. Keep 6 and get Sam PS....screw any commitment made with Prestia. If he really wants to come to us walk him to the PSD.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #541 on: October 14, 2016, 06:21:07 PM »
Pick 6 for a player injured last 2 year not even elite.While Hill goes to Freo for pick 23 from hawks twice the better player that's how you trade ,but this is Richmond get sucked in.Even in something in return as I said before we need 2 picks in the mid 20 if pick 6 going or walk away.

Pick 22 for Prestia and pick 6 would be OK.

Prestia is a decent player. He's not a gun but he's a pooot load better than most of our squib eye midfielders. Got runs on the board and if we get 16-18 games a year out of him he's worth pick 6 when 22 is coming back. Or about pick 14-16 straight up.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #542 on: October 14, 2016, 06:32:11 PM »
Pick 6 for a player injured last 2 year not even elite.While Hill goes to Freo for pick 23 from hawks twice the better player that's how you trade ,but this is Richmond get sucked in.Even in something in return as I said before we need 2 picks in the mid 20 if pick 6 going or walk away.

Prestia is a decent player. He's not a gun but he's a pooot load better than most of our squib eye midfielders. Got runs on the board and if we get 16-18 games a year out of him he's worth pick 6 when 22 is coming back. Or about pick 14-16 straight up.

You may be right,but how Hill goes for pick 23 two time premiership player while we always get bent over or even Mitchell to hawks from swans for pick 14 both a lot better same age bracket to.Need to hold firm simple and walk away.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #543 on: October 14, 2016, 06:34:27 PM »
Prestia is a very good B grader who is probably close to taking the next step.

He was runner up at the BnF in 2013 when Gaz won the brownlow, and 3rd the next year.

Has been Vice Captain since 2014.

His injuries, in particular in 2015 when he only played 8 games, concern me and in any other climate would reduce his trade value greatly. I would say GC are freaking out they're going to have a Brisbane esque situation if they don't stamp down on players quitting the club in great numbers.

Agree with Dooks, Pick six for Prestia and a reasonable return pick is about what his value is.

If the deal doesn't get done, I'm quite happy to go to the draft without getting Prestia.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #544 on: October 14, 2016, 06:45:29 PM »
Yeah I think some people are underating Prestia here.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #545 on: October 14, 2016, 06:56:13 PM »

You may be right,but how Hill goes for pick 23 two time premiership player while we always get bent over or even Mitchell to hawks from swans for pick 14 both a lot better same age bracket to.Need to hold firm simple and walk away.

Mitchell for 14 is a great trade by Hawthorn. Hill 19 games 11 goals in 2016. And not damaging by foot particularly. Not sure it's so great.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #546 on: October 14, 2016, 07:45:34 PM »
"The fact the process was so smooth and seamless shows the level of professionalism and respect from all parties," he said in an Eagles statement.

Sam Mitchell.

#BenPeg
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #547 on: October 14, 2016, 07:48:35 PM »
Hawks already have targets with the rather late picks they got for Mitchell.
RFC can't even negotiate for lids.

stuff the lot of them
Right off.
Caracella and Balmey.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #548 on: October 14, 2016, 07:53:37 PM »

Have to agree to disagree on this Dooks. Due to unique circumstances involving the academy bids an absolute gun (in SPS) could slip to us. Imagine having Rioli on one wing and SPS on the other!..... We need to keep pick 6 at any cost....pffft pick 22, they'll just pick another Bachelor.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #549 on: October 14, 2016, 07:58:35 PM »

Have to agree to disagree on this Dooks. Due to unique circumstances involving the academy bids an absolute gun (in SPS) could slip to us. Imagine having Rioli on one wing and SPS on the other!..... We need to keep pick 6 at any cost....pffft pick 22, they'll just pick another Bachelor.

Let's see what happens.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #550 on: October 14, 2016, 08:17:58 PM »
Wow so apparently our dealings have actually been ok and the club will give up pick 6 for prestia and 30  :thumbsdown

Im not happy with this, sorry dont mean to be negative but between thos and the Yarran deal. Conca, lennon etc we are just going no where

*sorry cant link but up on afl site
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #551 on: October 14, 2016, 08:21:01 PM »
Not sure i am happy with a possible pick 30 in return as part of the deal.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #552 on: October 14, 2016, 08:22:52 PM »
Hawks already have targets with the rather late picks they got for Mitchell.
RFC can't even negotiate for lids.

stuff the lot of them
Right off.
It's not our fault Geelong have nothing to give for Lids.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #553 on: October 14, 2016, 08:23:29 PM »
Wow so apparently our dealings have actually been ok and the club will give up pick 6 for prestia and 30  :thumbsdown

*sorry cant link but up on afl site
Weak pricks.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #554 on: October 14, 2016, 08:24:24 PM »
Not sure i am happy with a possible pick 30 in return as part of the deal.
We have as much chance of nailing pick 30 as pick 6.