Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 275566 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #555 on: October 14, 2016, 08:32:23 PM »
Not sure i am happy with a possible pick 30 in return as part of the deal.

Disappointing. I would have hoped for 22 back as well at the very least.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #556 on: October 14, 2016, 08:35:34 PM »
Not sold on Prestia, caddy

Trelor, t mitchel look a level higher  :P

Losing #6, lids, Lennon etc not sure I the net gain will propel list to a flag under generals penny / Betamax / hardwick

Elephant in the room is no money, no ruck, no chf, no CHB, the sponser which gives no money plastered on half of punt rd
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

dwaino

« Reply #557 on: October 14, 2016, 08:39:38 PM »
Wtf are we meant to do with 26 and 30?

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #558 on: October 14, 2016, 08:52:03 PM »
Wow so apparently our dealings have actually been ok and the club will give up pick 6 for prestia and 30  :thumbsdown

Im not happy with this, sorry dont mean to be negative but between thos and the Yarran deal. Conca, lennon etc we are just going no where

*sorry cant link but up on afl site

Richmond's conversations with the Suns have been somewhat smoother in the past two days as it seeks to land midfielder Dion Prestia.

Despite reports on Friday, Prestia remains committed to joining the Tigers on a five-year deal and would not return to Gold Coast and sign a new contract if a trade was not completed.

Sources close to the negotiations said it was agreed Richmond's pick No.6 would go to the Suns, and the clubs were now haggling over the inclusion of Gold Coast's pick No.30.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-14/trade-wrap-tigers-cats-hit-stalemate-over-caddy-and-deledio
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:01:55 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #559 on: October 14, 2016, 08:55:20 PM »
Geelong are idiots
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #560 on: October 14, 2016, 09:16:58 PM »
Hawks already have targets with the rather late picks they got for Mitchell.
RFC can't even negotiate for lids.

stuff the lot of them
Right off.
It's not our fault Geelong have nothing to give for Lids.

Please, they have 40 players on their list to choose from. Plus this year's and next draft choices bar their first this year.
Everyone's talking down Lids this year as if he's Gumbleton number 2 when in reality 17 other clubs would take Lids in a heartbeat. Because he's a gun. Quality for quality or FO.
BTW Cats are better than us now, if we give them Lids they only get better and it's yet another year we can't beat them. So stuffing sad I say
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #561 on: October 14, 2016, 09:20:11 PM »

stuff the lot of them
Right off.

Please, they have 40 players on their list to choose from. Plus this year's and next draft choices bar their first this year.
Everyone's talking down Lids this year as if he's Gumbleton number 2 when in reality 17 other clubs would take Lids in a heartbeat. Because he's a gun. Quality for quality or FO.
BTW Cats are better than us now, if we give them Lids they only get better and it's yet another year we can't beat them. So stuffing sad I say
Sorry my post should have read, it's not our fault they have no picks to give nor players they want to give.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #562 on: October 14, 2016, 09:20:16 PM »
If we do that deal pick 6 for him and in return pick 30 we might aswell close up shop we a basket case and I dont know why Balme was signed.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #563 on: October 14, 2016, 09:29:42 PM »
No one can say Mitchell is not better then Prestia and he went at 14 and looks like Jager from the Suns going to hawks at 10 to.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #564 on: October 14, 2016, 09:32:14 PM »
Wtf are we meant to do with 26 and 30?
Look what we did with 12

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #565 on: October 14, 2016, 09:33:10 PM »

stuff the lot of them
Right off.

Sorry my post should have read, it's not our fault they have no picks to give nor players they want to give.

I'm not having a dig, just frustrated thoughts in text. They're almost trying to extract him for peanuts.
at the end of the day out of 40 odd players he is in out top 5. He's not a fringe player, if we try to take away say a top 5 Norf or lions player for example we would have to pay the price.

Attitudes within media and supporters seem to be cmon Richmond don't be greedy let Lids go.

Anyone remember when we tried to get McIntosh from Norf? They wanted a premium in return and didn't even use him. Weve been too soft in the past, I hope now they say FO cats
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

tony_montana

« Reply #566 on: October 14, 2016, 10:05:59 PM »
yep and now all over FB Im seeing articles saying things like, "they finally get a player that wants to go there(Prestia), if they dont do this deal, they'll tear the place down" I swear the media play us and see if we'll fold under mounting prssure, and when we invariably do, they laugh and high 5 each other down at HWT.

Stand strong and tell both the suns and the cats to GAGF. We are definitely seen as easy to strong arm, time to change that perception. Whats the worse that will happen? we'll keep pick 6 and miss out on Prestia big stuffing deal, its not like that decision is going to be the difference between a flag or just missing one

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #567 on: October 14, 2016, 10:56:35 PM »
GC have grown more and more frustrated with RIC's refusal to part w/ pick 6 for Prestia

From GC's perspective the deal is done, but RIC appear to be tentative, so much so that RIC officials actually no-showed a meeting w/ GC

While the reason RIC no-showed is unclear, GC swiftly struck up a chat w/ SYD, where the prospect of sending Prestia to Swans was raised

While it remains unlikely Prestia would change his preferred destination, the Swans showed keen interest in swooping on Prestia

The general perception among the majority of agents + officials is that RIC have had an oddly complacent and disorganised #AFLTrades period.

https://twitter.com/AFLTradeWhisper/with_replies

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #568 on: October 14, 2016, 11:04:08 PM »
Dion Prestia still expected to land at Richmond despite delay over proposed pick swap

SAM LANDSBERGER
Herald Sun
October 14, 2016 8:36pm

RICHMOND’S desire to improve its standing in the second round of the draft has delayed its trade for Gold Coast midfielder Dion Prestia.

But the deal looks set to be finalised next week with the Suns poised to secure the ­Tigers’ No.6 draft pick.

That would deliver Gold Coast a draft bounty with three top-10 selections and academy star Jack Bowes, who has been likened to Simon Black.

The Tigers netted No.27 for departed free agent Tyrone Vickery and could try to rise higher into the second round, given that selection looms as their first choice on draft night.

The Suns hold picks 22, 24 and 26.

Under the AFL’s new draft system, a swap of pick 27 for 22 would deliver the Tigers a bonus 142 points.

That trade would see Richmond secure Prestia and pick 22 for picks six and 27.

Another trade being discussed is for Richmond to instead receive Gold Coast’s No.30 selection in exchange for a future second-round selection.

But the Suns have so far held firm that Prestia should command pick six in a clean trade.

The onballer has long committed to the Tigers on a five-year contract and his camp was last night supremely confident he would land at Punt Rd.

The Suns had held out some hope that if trade talks broke down, Prestia could stay at Metricon Stadium.

Suns football manager Marcus Ashcroft said he expected the clubs would broker a trade.

“Dion’s a little bit less ­complicated (than Jaeger O’Meara),” Ashcroft said.

“We’re quite confident we’ll get a deal done with Richmond sooner rather than later, and that all centres around their pick six.”

Prestia, 24, landed a rich offer from the Tigers after playing 95 games in six seasons at Gold Coast.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dion-prestia-still-expected-to-land-at-richmond-despite-delay-over-proposed-pick-swap/news-story/0bfaf351d0ba724c93813fa15ff0a097

dwaino

« Reply #569 on: October 14, 2016, 11:44:26 PM »
The general perception among the majority of agents + officials is that RIC have had an oddly complacent and disorganised #AFLTrades period.

https://twitter.com/AFLTradeWhisper/with_replies

:lol