Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 275522 times)

Gigantor

Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #585 on: October 16, 2016, 10:14:21 AM »
Unfortunately I have no trust in RFC that they would use pick 6 in the draft to get a gun kid...So I'm leaning to getting prestia with it,more a case of the devil you know

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #586 on: October 16, 2016, 10:18:33 AM »
You want pick 6 from my main man...
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #587 on: October 16, 2016, 10:24:14 AM »
GC have grown more and more frustrated with RIC's refusal to part w/ pick 6 for Prestia

From GC's perspective the deal is done, but RIC appear to be tentative, so much so that RIC officials actually no-showed a meeting w/ GC

While the reason RIC no-showed is unclear, GC swiftly struck up a chat w/ SYD, where the prospect of sending Prestia to Swans was raised

While it remains unlikely Prestia would change his preferred destination, the Swans showed keen interest in swooping on Prestia

The general perception among the majority of agents + officials is that RIC have had an oddly complacent and disorganised #AFLTrades period.

https://twitter.com/AFLTradeWhisper/with_replies

Not that I believe this joke of a "source" but what exactly do the Swans have to offer? Correct me if I'm wrong but GC want picks and Sydneys first is 14? Funnily enough, that's about Prestia's value but I can't see how they would get it done if GC wanted our pick 6 so bad

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #588 on: October 16, 2016, 04:22:22 PM »
Sydney could not hold onto Mitchell because of cap pressure. How could they afford $750K for Prestia?

That guy is deluded.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #589 on: October 16, 2016, 04:53:57 PM »
Would love Taranto but if we give up 6 and still can snag Powell -Pepper/Poholke & Willy Rioli with later picks I'll be happy...add Nankervis & Caddy....get Ratugolea, Darcy Cameron & Shane Nelson (an upgrade on plodders like Lambert & Marcon)...rookie Kirby...laughin'... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #590 on: October 16, 2016, 08:05:19 PM »
Richmond will receive a second-round draft pick as compensation for losing Ty Vickery as a free agent to Hawthorn but are yet to complete the trade for Dion Prestia from Gold Coast, a deal that will involve the Tigers' first pick (6).

Richmond is hopeful of getting another pick in the twenties back from Gold Coast – the Suns could end up with four top 10 picks as well as four in the 20s – as part of that trade.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-trades-2016-jordan-lewis-and-hawthorn-in-stalemate-20161016-gs3eom.html

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #591 on: October 16, 2016, 08:24:33 PM »
 :help
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #592 on: October 16, 2016, 08:39:55 PM »
 :help  :help

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #593 on: October 16, 2016, 08:42:01 PM »
Would love Taranto but if we give up 6 and still can snag Powell -Pepper/Poholke & Willy Rioli with later picks I'll be happy...add Nankervis & Caddy....get Ratugolea, Darcy Cameron & Shane Nelson (an upgrade on plodders like Lambert & Marcon)...rookie Kirby...laughin'... :shh
Hmm, that's a lot of players just to make you happy ... did Santa look at you funny when you reeled off your list?    :santa 
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #594 on: October 17, 2016, 06:40:57 PM »
Dion Prestia is certain to get to the Tigers. The deal could happen today or the standoff could continue for another day. Pick No.6 is agreed to make its way to Gold Coast, but there has been haggling over later picks. The Tigers have been after the Suns' pick No.30 as well as Prestia. He won't be at the Suns' next year.

http://www.afl.com.au/trade/trade-talk

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #595 on: October 17, 2016, 07:05:22 PM »
This pick 6 is certain to be a genuine superstar

There is nothing more certain than this happening
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #596 on: October 17, 2016, 07:35:10 PM »
WHAT A JOKE OF CLUB PICK 6 ONLY AT RICHMOND NO WONDER CLUBS LAUGH AT US.HAWKS PICKUP MITCHELL WITH 14 AND WERE GIVING UP 6 FOR A PLAYER NOT CLOSE TO HIM.SO WERE GOING TO THE DRAFT WITH NOT EVEN ONE PICK IN THE TOP 20 AFTER A DISASTER OF YEAR BUNCH OF CLOWNS :banghead :banghead

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #597 on: October 17, 2016, 07:40:00 PM »
WHAT A JOKE OF CLUB PICK 6 ONLY AT RICHMOND NO WONDER CLUBS LAUGH AT US.HAWKS PICKUP MITCHELL WITH 14 AND WERE GIVING UP 6 FOR A PLAYER NOT CLOSE TO HIM.SO WERE GOING TO THE DRAFT WITH NOT EVEN ONE PICK IN THE TOP 20 AFTER A DISASTER OF YEAR BUNCH OF CLOWNS :banghead :banghead
Prestia is a more accomplished player than Mitchell. Injury prone is my concern. We are also set to receive a decent pick in return.

Geez..... :-\

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #598 on: October 17, 2016, 07:57:57 PM »
Prestia is a more accomplished player than Mitchell. Injury prone is my concern. We are also set to receive a decent pick in return.

Geez..... :-\
You call pick 30 a decent pick when you a offering pick 6 not even for a A grader and as you said injury concerns. Pick 6 could be anything .Mitchell has proved his worth take him anyday over Prestia.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #599 on: October 17, 2016, 08:03:47 PM »

Please use a bigger font, highlight and unerline all capitals and put them in italic or you will nor be heard.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"