Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 275508 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #1395 on: May 11, 2022, 05:45:40 PM »
THE PLAYER AT ALL 18 CLUBS WHO WILL BE LIKE A NEW RECRUIT IN THE SECOND HALF OF 2022

Andrew Slevison
SEN
11 May 2022

Dion Prestia

While Dion Prestia has already played five games this season, the Tigers will be praying for some continuity.

He most recently graced the field in Round 7 before missing last weekend’s win over Collingwood with illness.

So he doesn’t quite fit the exact brief of this article, but with the Tigers sporting a fairly clean bill of health, he is the one they want out there consistently.

Soft tissue injuries have plagued him in recent years and he just never seems to get a fair run at it.

When up and going, Prestia is one of Richmond’s most important players and a consistent contribution in the second half of the season could have a significant say in what his side ends up this year.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/05/11/the-player-at-all-18-clubs-who-will-be-like-a-new-recruit-in-the-second-half/

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1396 on: May 14, 2022, 06:14:38 PM »
Massive game today from Dion  :clapping. Showed again how much we miss him in the guts when he's not there.

28 disposals (14k, 14h, 9c, 19u, 75% eff.)
5 marks
2 tackles
8 clearances ... ( 4 centre clearances )
7 inside 50s
510 metres gained
11 score involvements
1 goal assist
81% time on ground
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1397 on: May 14, 2022, 06:20:19 PM »
A win and dion getting through the game injury free  :bow

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1398 on: May 14, 2022, 09:53:56 PM »
Just so important for us.

Brilliant today
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1399 on: May 16, 2022, 05:25:42 PM »
“It was nice having a week off and not be injured or anything like that, just actually have a rest,” Prestia told ‘Richmond Media’ post-game.

“I was excited to come back in, I felt fresh during the week . . .

“My body feels really good, finally, and hopefully I can just continue on.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1128523/prestia-a-master-of-the-seamless-return

:pray

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1400 on: May 22, 2022, 06:43:42 AM »
A great performance from Dion Prestia to take home the 2022 Yiooken Award

#AFLDeadly | #AFLTigersDons

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1527996000799170566

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1401 on: May 22, 2022, 08:48:16 AM »
Up there with our most important players. Or possibly our outright MOST important.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1402 on: June 17, 2022, 08:00:27 AM »
Our No.1 midfielder now days. 33 disposals and 13 clearances including 6 centre clearances :o. Showed last night how much we missed him in round 1 when he went off at 1/4 time in that game. Just got to hope his body holds together [touchwood]  :pray.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1403 on: June 17, 2022, 11:32:33 AM »
Only injuries are stopping him from getting more individual accolades. Absolute gun.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1404 on: June 17, 2022, 05:20:36 PM »
Tigers not done yet: In-form midfielder sees parallels with flag-winning years

Richmond midfielder Dion Prestia is enjoying a fine run of form after his troubles with injury

By AAP
17 June 2022

IN CAREER-BEST form amid his best injury run in years, Richmond gun Dion Prestia believes the Tigers are again on the verge of something special.

Prestia starred with 33 disposals, 19 contested possessions and 13 clearances as the Tigers fought past Carlton on Thursday night to seal their sixth win in seven matches and leap into the top eight.

The 29-year-old has been central to Richmond's form, averaging nearly 26 disposals per game.

"Yeah, I think so (it's career-best form). It's probably one of the fittest I've been," he said.

"Obviously 2019 I had some good games but in the last few years I feel like I'm playing some really good footy and I just try to stay consistent."

Crucially, Prestia has stayed fit for most of the 2022 campaign after two injury-filled seasons.

His nine games already matches his total appearances in each of the 2020 and 2021 campaigns.

He credited the work he and Richmond's medical staff had put into strengthening his legs in pre-season and after a hamstring injury suffered in round one.

"I feel like I'm in pretty good form at the moment and just being able to consistently play games and consistently train has really put me in good stead," he said.

"We implemented a few things after round one when I got injured. So it's working.

"I feel like we've got something that's really working for myself, at least.

"So yeah, really confident I can run out games. I'm playing more game time than I probably ever have in the last few weeks as well. So confident in everything and how it's going."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/781211/tigers-not-done-yet-in-form-midfielder-sees-parallels-with-flag-winning-years

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1405 on: June 18, 2022, 09:50:41 AM »
no Prestia no Richmond i think

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1406 on: June 18, 2022, 12:58:14 PM »
no Prestia no Richmond i think
I concur

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1407 on: June 18, 2022, 05:23:59 PM »
Didn't see the alleged cheap shot he gave Cripps but I loved how sooky Cripps got and how absolutely unconcerned meatball was when Cripps tried to push him around haha.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1408 on: June 18, 2022, 05:57:32 PM »
Didn't see the alleged cheap shot he gave Cripps but I loved how sooky Cripps got and how absolutely unconcerned meatball was when Cripps tried to push him around haha.

Just a weekly occurrence

Was in the wet and Dion was really mov8ng him forward to position, yes it was a push but he would never have intended to push him into the knee or foot of Walsh (I think)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1409 on: June 18, 2022, 06:50:27 PM »

Just a weekly occurrence

Was in the wet and Dion was really mov8ng him forward to position, yes it was a push but he would never have intended to push him into the knee or foot of Walsh (I think)

Wouldn't he, though? Haha

Sometimes I think Dion gets a little nasty and I love it.