Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 275560 times)

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #1635 on: March 14, 2024, 10:13:26 PM »
Who was the idiot that decided it was a good idea to play Prestia off a 5 day break after a hammy in our 1st practise match? Dumb campaigner should be sacked tonight

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1636 on: March 14, 2024, 11:46:59 PM »
well that idiot is called Luke. With prestias history you would think he had a massive say.

absolute dud that bloke and tbh i wouldnt even rule out of the acl to gibcus had something to do with his overloaded training.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1637 on: March 14, 2024, 11:54:03 PM »
FFS just pull the plug Dion...you were a champ but it's over.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1638 on: March 15, 2024, 12:36:51 PM »
I think Dion needs to be tapped on the shoulder this year . He’s been a champion for us but currently his ROI is at rock bottom.
Unleash the tornado

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1639 on: March 15, 2024, 12:38:46 PM »
Who was the idiot that decided it was a good idea to play Prestia off a 5 day break after a hammy in our 1st practise match? Dumb campaigner should be sacked tonight
Great comment

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1640 on: March 15, 2024, 01:43:17 PM »
Unfortunately it appears his body can't handle playing football at this level anymore

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1641 on: March 15, 2024, 02:00:24 PM »
Missed half of 2018
Played most 2019
Missed half of 2020

Gets a 3 year contract extension

Missed more than half of 2021
Left the field early 4 times in 19 games 2022
Did 20/23 games on managed minutes in 2023
Looks set to miss plenty in 2024

So not a complete disaster but you have to question the logic and timing of that 3 year extension

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1642 on: March 15, 2024, 02:06:10 PM »
Sheesh I’d hate to go into battle with some of you blokes , it’s panic stations and head for the hills all round.
Dion may well be cooked but round two is not the time to throw the baby out with the bath water At the end of the season with a full season behind is the time for such decisions .And as Trent mentioned recently and I’m paraphrasing here these blokes like Dylan and Dion have runs on the board.
And to quote Sir Humphrey Appleby , such decisions are made in the fullness of time otherwise they are termed as courageous decisions ie silly

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1643 on: March 15, 2024, 02:37:07 PM »
Sheesh I’d hate to go into battle with some of you blokes , it’s panic stations and head for the hills all round.
Dion may well be cooked but round two is not the time to throw the baby out with the bath water At the end of the season with a full season behind is the time for such decisions .And as Trent mentioned recently and I’m paraphrasing here these blokes like Dylan and Dion have runs on the board.
And to quote Sir Humphrey Appleby , such decisions are made in the fullness of time otherwise they are termed as courageous decisions ie silly

You for real?

He's 32 at year's end.

Out of contract.

List/club rebuilding or needs to be.

He's had soft tissue injuries on multiple occasions virtually every single year he's been with us. He's missed about 40 games in 7 years and will clearly miss plenty more in 2024.

Better a year early than a day late, as they say. Or in this case, probably call it for MSD, try to get back for a farewell game (maybe Anzac eve vs Dees?), bathe in the glory of his numerous career achievements, and step aside so we can take a punt on a kid before year's end.

There's a very good chance he would otherwise only manage 10-15 games this year when we know we won't make or impact finals and the appropriate thing for both club & player at year's end will be to amicably part ways.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1644 on: March 15, 2024, 02:49:02 PM »
I appreciate Grigg more as each day passes calling it quits when he knew he was cooked.

I love this guy for what he has done, but he is so cooked. With no injury and a clear run at games he is still slow and a shadow of his former self.

The only reason for playing him , Pickett and Macca is our youth is so bad they aren't even worth it. This could be a possibility when you look at some of them.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1645 on: March 15, 2024, 03:30:57 PM »

You for real?

He's 32 at year's end.

Out of contract.

He's had soft tissue injuries on multiple occasions virtually every single year he's been with us. He's missed about 40 games in 7 years and will clearly miss plenty more in 2024.

Better a year early than a day late, as they say. Or in this case, probably call it for MSD, try to get back for a farewell game (maybe Anzac eve vs Dees?), bathe in the glory of his numerous career achievements, and step aside so we can take a punt on a kid before year's end.

There's a very good chance he would otherwise only manage 10-15 games this year when we know we won't make or impact finals and the appropriate thing for both club & player at year's end will be to amicably part ways.

He won’t retire. He was recently talking about getting a contract for next year. Have to say I would be very surprised if he gets a contract with rfc

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1646 on: March 15, 2024, 03:32:52 PM »

You for real?

He's 32 at year's end.

Out of contract.

He won’t retire. He was recently talking about getting a contract for next year. Have to say I would be very surprised if he gets a contract with rfc

Hopefully he doesn't do a Houli and get a bit pissy about it. Would be a sad way to end a great thing.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1647 on: March 15, 2024, 04:00:36 PM »

Oh you mean like at the end of 2023 where he played most games and was mostly awful. He was cooked last year and nothing looks like it has changed.

Yep lets just do it all again. Just crazy talk if you think this is only about two games this year. Another old quote goes. It is madness to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

Id hate to go to war with you in charge you would be just like the British officer class in the first world war where it was quite alright to just keep throwing men against machine guns just  to get slaughtered.

Online Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1648 on: March 15, 2024, 04:05:03 PM »
Prestia Grimes and McIntosh should have all been let go last year . Wgaf about past history, clubs can never fall into the trap of holding on to players for sentimental value.. need to be respectful but RUTHLESS.. We ere never going to compete for the GF this year . Just f them off and get games into kids

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1649 on: March 18, 2024, 10:50:30 PM »
Questionable decision to play Prestia

By Adem Yze’s own admission, the Tigers might have erred in playing Dion Prestia (hamstring) off a five-day break.

The 31-year-old has a history of soft tissue injuries and perhaps should have been rested for the Blues clash, especially considering Dustin Martin was returning.

It’s easier said in hindsight, but the fact Yze admitted it was a risk suggests the Tigers might have got this one wrong. As the coach said, they’ll “live and learn”.

Source: SEN.