Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 275434 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #1650 on: March 18, 2024, 11:30:29 PM »
Questionable decision to play Prestia

By Adem Yze’s own admission, the Tigers might have erred in playing Dion Prestia (hamstring) off a five-day break.

The 31-year-old has a history of soft tissue injuries and perhaps should have been rested for the Blues clash, especially considering Dustin Martin was returning.

It’s easier said in hindsight, but the fact Yze admitted it was a risk suggests the Tigers might have got this one wrong. As the coach said, they’ll “live and learn”.

Source: SEN.

Yes "live and learn" from the thing everyone saw coming based on a small sample size of only *checks notes* the previous 4 seasons.... :joker :propeller :facepalm
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1651 on: March 18, 2024, 11:53:59 PM »
I don't blame Yze for this but the blokes at the helm for last 4 years that should have known better. Performance manager for one.
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1652 on: March 19, 2024, 06:02:03 AM »
Luke Meehan is an absolute disgrace. We hired him without interviewing anyone else.

He messed up with lynch, and this is icing on the cake

His conduct is very questionable.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1653 on: March 19, 2024, 06:15:08 AM »
Luke Meehan is an absolute disgrace. We hired him without interviewing anyone else.

The thing that amazes me is that they waited a year to send Gibcus overseas to some Guru.
Why didn’t they send him sooner??
Also the Lynch debacle and now we have him overseeing other injuries to young kids.
PHO.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1654 on: March 19, 2024, 07:18:54 AM »
I don't blame Yze for this but the blokes at the helm for last 4 years that should have known better. Performance manager for one.

:lol :lol so you're saying the Senior Coach doesn't have the final say in selection

On queue  :clapping :clapping

:jump

The thing that amazes me is that they waited a year to send Gibcus overseas to some Guru.
Also the Lynch debacle and now we have him overseeing other injuries to young kids.
PHO.

And who was the one that found the guru after all the "experts" in Australia couldn't work out what the Gibcus issue was? Asking for a friend  :rollin

And just another question don't surgeons need to be held to account too, when things they should happen doent happen? Asking for another friend  ;D

:invasion :jump :outtahere

:sarcasm
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1655 on: March 19, 2024, 12:26:16 PM »

:lol :lol so you're saying the Senior Coach doesn't have the final say in selection

On queue  :clapping :clapping

:jump

PHO.

And who was the one that found the guru after all the "experts" in Australia couldn't work out what the Gibcus issue was? Asking for a friend  :rollin

And just another question don't surgeons need to be held to account too, when things they should happen doent happen? Asking for another friend  ;D

:invasion :jump :outtahere

:sarcasm

You have changed your tone in Meehan. Never liked this decision hiring within . There has been too many injuries and inconsistencies. Last year's preseason was amateur like.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1656 on: March 19, 2024, 12:47:00 PM »

You have changed your tone in Meehan. Never liked this decision hiring within . There has been too many injuries and inconsistencies. Last year's preseason was amateur like.

I haven't actually been very consistent in my views

He has got alot wrong, alot

But I will not whack him for things that were out of his control. If a surgeon gives the Club a post surgery plan for a player to follow and the S&T and club doctors team follow that to the letter I fail to see how one person can be blamed when the recovery doesn't go to plan.

But whatever, way of the world these days it's always someone else's fault  ;D

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1657 on: March 19, 2024, 03:58:59 PM »

I haven't actually been very consistent in my views

He has got alot wrong, alot

But I will not whack him for things that were out of his control. If a surgeon gives the Club a post surgery plan for a player to follow and the S&T and club doctors team follow that to the letter I fail to see how one person can be blamed when the recovery doesn't go to plan.

But whatever, way of the world these days it's always someone else's fault  ;D

I agree on that point if the surgeon recommends something and then it goes off track it's not on him , but let's be honest how many times has this happened maybe the Gibcus issue last year. Playing Prestia last week again was a poor decision on him and the match committee.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1658 on: March 19, 2024, 06:14:02 PM »
Bone infections are very serious and difficult to treat. Often not the fault of someone like Meehan.

The risk of infection and complications is so high that orthopaedic surgery is done in something similar to a ventilated space suit rather than just sterile gowns and hair nets with masks.

I've scrubbed for surgeries like ACLs, joint replacements etc. It's brutal stuff haha

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1659 on: March 20, 2024, 07:21:21 PM »
8-10 weeks for dion. He’s completely done

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1660 on: March 20, 2024, 08:21:56 PM »
From the CLub website

"Scans have confirmed that midfielder Dion Prestia suffered a significant hamstring strain in Thursday night’s loss to Carlton.

Prestia felt the injury to his right leg late in the opening term and was subsequently substituted out of the game.

The Club anticipates Prestia will miss the next 8-10 weeks due to the injury."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1510705/injury-report-round-2-2024

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1661 on: March 20, 2024, 08:31:58 PM »
A legend of our dynasty era and although not official, if the Carlton game was his last game it’s a sad way to see him bow out of the game. The human meatball is forever a premiership hero and also, who’s to say we ever land lynch if he wasn’t at the tigers?

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1662 on: March 21, 2024, 04:53:13 AM »
It’s probably too late but why haven’t they sent Dion to the same guru they sent Gibcus to??

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1663 on: March 21, 2024, 06:49:13 AM »
From the CLub website

"Scans have confirmed that midfielder Dion Prestia suffered a significant hamstring strain in Thursday night’s loss to Carlton.

Prestia felt the injury to his right leg late in the opening term and was subsequently substituted out of the game.

The Club anticipates Prestia will miss the next 8-10 weeks due to the injury."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1510705/injury-report-round-2-2024

Poor decision who allowed him to play after a 5 day break really poor management. Still maintain our fitness and conditioning needs a revamp.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1664 on: March 21, 2024, 10:23:36 AM »
surely the writing is on the wall now, even for him with his denial