Author Topic: ten year, ten million dollar lance deal  (Read 14565 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: ten year, ten million dollar lance deal
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2015, 10:57:50 AM »
Eugenics perhaps
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2015, 11:11:45 AM »
lol i thought u meant u were going to explain how genetics was the cause.

but dont neglect the impact that trans fats has, as type 11 diabetes is basically a result of insulin resistance.

thank stuff we got over that food industry created lie,
its a shame mary enig died, she was an instigater in exposing the dangers of trans fats
It must be genetics. How else can you explain why some children and adults no matter how fat or how poor their diet is, do not get type II diabetes?
oh of course everything is down to genetics, how else could you explain why some people smoke all their lives and dont get lung cancer?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2015, 12:42:29 PM »
lol i thought u meant u were going to explain how genetics was the cause.

but dont neglect the impact that trans fats has, as type 11 diabetes is basically a result of insulin resistance.

thank stuff we got over that food industry created lie,
its a shame mary enig died, she was an instigater in exposing the dangers of trans fats
It must be genetics. How else can you explain why some children and adults no matter how fat or how poor their diet is, do not get type II diabetes?
oh of course everything is down to genetics, how else could you explain why some people smoke all their lives and dont get lung cancer?
I agree. You are the one saying genetics is a cop out. I am saying that genetics underlies everything, behaviour, intelligence, coping mechanisms etc etc. Of course you can optimise your potential with the right environment and of course bottom out with the wrong environment.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2015, 01:01:53 PM »
It is a cop out, because its an easy fall back when the true solution cant be found. We have both said that genetics underlies so much about us as individuals, but it is the environmental factors (to use the term loosely) that we can control, and of which, for the most part, if we control them correctly, the genetic disposition doesn't come into play
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2015, 02:58:28 PM »
It is a cop out, because its an easy fall back when the true solution cant be found. We have both said that genetics underlies so much about us as individuals, but it is the environmental factors (to use the term loosely) that we can control, and of which, for the most part, if we control them correctly, the genetic disposition doesn't come into play
Sometimes it is your genetics which direct you to the wrong environment too. The way your brain works, what seems to satisfy it or stimulate it, leads to certain behaviours which seek certain environments. So controlling the "environmental factors" is often just as difficult to overcome as the problem itself.
Interesting topic and discussion. Cheers.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.