Author Topic: Who has been our best CHB over the past 50 years?  (Read 6364 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Who has been our best CHB over the past 50 years?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 12:46:32 AM »
What FB's ever take kick ins? I mean I'm sure 1 or 2 have taken a kick in or two but I bet it ain't close to 10%

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 06:48:40 AM »
What FB's ever take kick ins? I mean I'm sure 1 or 2 have taken a kick in or two but I bet it ain't close to 10%
Merrett from Brisvegas who has just retired kicked in a lot. Mckenzie at the eagles did too before injury hit him. Reid at Collingwood takes a few. That's jut to name a few.... :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

FlashGordon

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 09:57:43 AM »
Merrett from Brisvegas who has just retired kicked in a lot. Mckenzie at the eagles did too before injury hit him. Reid at Collingwood takes a few. That's jut to name a few.... :whistle

more like  thats just to name 3 man,  :huh

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 06:01:51 PM »

Lol if that is your definition of 10-15% of the time

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 06:35:18 PM »

more like  thats just to name 3 man,  :huh
Definition of a few is three or more.....

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 06:37:56 PM »

Lol if that is your definition of 10-15% of the time

Lol.  That's your best retort? LMAO.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 07:59:07 PM »
Sometimes it's better to quit whilst you are behind

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 09:15:57 PM »
Sometimes it's better to quit whilst you are behind
Without looking it up, name me the other 17 full backs.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 10:04:36 PM »
No response.

So the "experts" here can't even name the other full backs yet they want me to name all the ones that take the kick outs on a regular basis.

LMAO.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2017, 06:13:14 PM »
Wow bro you waited a total of 50 minutes

Tom Lonergan, Daniel Talia, Cale Hooker, Tom McDonald, Sam Rowe, Alex Silvagni (sp?), Rory Thompson, Scott Thompson, Ted Richards/Heath Grundy, Schofield, Hamling. That's just naming a few off the top of my head. Yes some could be argued as CHB's and yes they may take the odd quick kick in or two but so does Brandon Ellis, that doesn't make him a full back.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 07:02:51 PM »

Tom Lonergan, Daniel Talia, Cale Hooker, Tom McDonald, Sam Rowe, Alex Silvagni (sp?), Rory Thompson, Scott Thompson, Ted Richards/Heath Grundy, Schofield, Hamling. That's just naming a few off the top of my head. Yes some could be argued as CHB's and yes they may take the odd quick kick in or two but so does Brandon Ellis, that doesn't make him a full back.

:lol
Answered only 2 days later and even then admitted some are CHBs.

Which is my point exactly! It was argued that Rance was more FB. My point being that it is impossible to classify as anyone as FB or CHB these days. When they line up they usually are all bunched up together near the 50m line. The only thing that MAY point to them being more FB is if they take the odd kick in. Rance almost never does so he can hardly be called more FB than CHB. Some of the others mentioned do and so are more likely to take the FB title but even then it's not a rigid classification.

It can be argued that the FB lines up on the FF too. We do not have stay at home FFs these days. The closest one is Hawkins from the cats. Rance does play on him on occasions but then he plays on others who run up the field a bit more too like Buddy.

Because of his attacking style and run off the backline he plays more like the old fashion CHB rather than the old fashion FB (David Dench excluded).

As such, if we are going to use old fashion terms like CHB and FB, I think it reasonable to think of him as a CHB rather than a FB. Does that sound reasonable?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 07:22:14 PM »
No

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2017, 07:44:12 PM »
Number 20

That was the veal parmigiana.

I repeat, number 20 your order is ready.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2017, 12:36:24 AM »

:lol
Answered only 2 days later and even then admitted some are CHBs.

Which is my point exactly! It was argued that Rance was more FB. My point being that it is impossible to classify as anyone as FB or CHB these days. When they line up they usually are all bunched up together near the 50m line. The only thing that MAY point to them being more FB is if they take the odd kick in. Rance almost never does so he can hardly be called more FB than CHB. Some of the others mentioned do and so are more likely to take the FB title but even then it's not a rigid classification.

It can be argued that the FB lines up on the FF too. We do not have stay at home FFs these days. The closest one is Hawkins from the cats. Rance does play on him on occasions but then he plays on others who run up the field a bit more too like Buddy.

Because of his attacking style and run off the backline he plays more like the old fashion CHB rather than the old fashion FB (David Dench excluded).

As such, if we are going to use old fashion terms like CHB and FB, I think it reasonable to think of him as a CHB rather than a FB. Does that sound reasonable?

I don't sit here waiting for you to ask a question I can reply to so forgive me for not replying as quickly as you would have liked.

Never disagreed about whether he was FB or CHB. Just thought your definition of a FB being 'the one who kicks out' was a pee-er