Author Topic: Richmond targets a GWS young gun  (Read 12570 times)

the claw

Re: Richmond targets a GWS young gun
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2012, 11:15:46 AM »
they need defenders it would take pick 9 and rance for tyson and their pick 24 a pick they are unlikely to use anyway.

Rance and pick 9.  Might as well throw in Cotchin while you are at it.  I am glad you are not in charge of our trading.  We would have nothing left inside a couple of years.

If they want a defender, give them Post or Griffiths and 9 for Tyson and 24.

I agree with Al's comments.  Isn't this draft supposed to be stronger than previous years?  I wouldn't get too carried away rating GWS development.  Getting thrashed every week isn't a great way to develop footballers.  The year he has spent there has probably been detrimental to his development.

im just stating what it will cost to get dom tyson. while i agree they rate rance for some reason and wont offer him up it will take a player of rances rating if you like  plus pick 9.
tyson is  not a pick 9 hes a pick  3 an absolute stand out and would be in this yrs draft as well.  if not rance swap him for  a player like vickery it will cost to get the deal done.

you are talking potentially the likes of martin or cotchin. just a few high quality players like cotchin carried us on their shoulders this yr just imagine another.we passed on pick 6 and pick 14 to get martin  dom tyson is rated just as highly by many. this should give you an idea of what it will cost.

alex rance while a decent player is the most over rated richmond player ive seen.yes he can play but hes no star.
 with chaplin coming a better defender imo  who some  people dont rate, and if we took someone like lee and rookied a mature kpd like hartigan we would not  miss rance. imo  we need to add chaplin lee and hartigan or similar even if we keep rance.

i dont get the love for him. constantly misjudges balls in the air. when he has to go one on one is regularly beaten. is always out of position and constantly falls over.
his footskills are average though he now makes better decisions and its become reliable. again hes no star hes decent.

he had so many goals kicked on him for a reason. the club for the last two yrs is chasing hard a big bodied deep defender for a reason.
for these reasons and more i think hes expendable he has true trade value and would maybe get the deal done. on that im not sure if sheedy would want rance.if mugs like me can see his deficiencies experts sure can. also i know we cshould not be trading away defenders and one of our better ones to do such a thing the player you are after would need to be high quality and imo tyson is that but hes unproven that is the risk with him i suppose.

if anybody here had watched alex as a junior they would know he was only average in the air and his strength was his running game. that has not changed and is unlikely to change.

he provides great run is almost kamikaze in his attack on the ball both on the ground and in the air he has become a reliable kick in the main. but he misjudges and makes far too many mistakes in amongst the good he does do.

finally in rating rance against other FB  i have him well down the pecking order and because of his deficiencies i dont see a huge scope for improvement as a fb hes at his ceiling imo. he cant get anymore desperate than he is and that is just not enough.
for me to rate rance higher he will have to improve his areas of weakness not sure  thats going to happen..  i can see him playing well as a hb and playing to his strengths hes no mug and worth keeping have never said different.

just my opinion on the bloke and just stating what it will take to get such a high quality player as tyson.
quality costs and it usually comes where both parties are happy with the trade.  who in their right mind would think gws would be happy with pick 9 and a list of outright duds to choose from.

for what its worth i cant see tyson at richmond. i dont think we are in a position to be trading out of the few decent players we have we need to be adding to them. tyson type trades are really for when we have actually built the list and have some depth imo but for a player of such quality or potential quality you have to give it serious consideration.

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2012, 12:42:31 PM »
Rance is overrated.  No question of it.  Goes in hard, so people rate him 200% over his performance.  Consistently makes appalling skill errors that result in goals but are overlooked because of his attack on the ball.   But given he is rated so highly, the offer you are proposing is too generous.  Based on your view of him as a player, it makes sense.  But that isn't market value and how he is rated by the broader football community.

Tambling was number 4 in the draft.  Draft position doesn't make the player.  Your giving Tyson a very high perceived value considering he hasn't made it yet.  What you need to consider is whether that value is realistically gettable for GWS.  If he wants to come back to Victoria, they may get nothing for him.  Therefore his actual value is significantly less.  The other consideration is the respective strength of the drafts from last year to this year.  The gap between pick 3 and 9 could be more like the gap between pick 5 and 9 if this years draft is stronger.  ie.  He might have gone pick 5 or 6 in this years draft or this years pick nine might have gone pick 5 or 6 in last years draft.  Either way, the gap is closer and the perceived trade required to close that gap would be significantly less.  ie.  Griffiths or Post as opposed to Rance. 

Either way, if he is as good as some people rate him, we should be making a play for him and shouldn't shy away from giving up pick 9.  The argument that pick 9 should go to a kid.  Well Tyson is a kid.  Don't know why anyone would make a broad objection like some people have to that proposition.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2012, 02:01:22 PM »
I think you are only talking about one person making such a strange broad objection there unplugged.

As you rightfully say, what pick tyson was taken at is irrelevant now. The question is how good is he compared to what will likely be available at pick 9 this year?

Are we talking about cotchin compared to foley or cotchin compared to deledio?

To throw in arguably the best 23 year old KPD in the league you need to be near talking cotchin compared to jackson
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2012, 02:27:59 PM »
Rance is a shocking kick.

I'd do a straight swap for Tyson.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2012, 03:00:20 PM »
lol at post nahas white edwards being offered up. they are going to at the least want quality for quality. or at the least a player who they know can fill a need.

:lol :clapping

To true, I won't mention it again......maybe we can get a boot studder though..

Do you fail to realise he is valuable for us? 3rd highest goal kicker for us and has the highest total and average of goal assists?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2012, 03:02:17 PM »
 yes

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2012, 03:04:15 PM »
lol at post nahas white edwards being offered up. they are going to at the least want quality for quality. or at the least a player who they know can fill a need.

Do you fail to realise he is valuable for us? 3rd highest goal kicker for us and has the highest total and average of goal assists?
Edwards could win the Coleman, and WAT would fault him for not winning the Brownlow also.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2012, 03:24:31 PM »

Edwards could win the Coleman, and WAT would fault him for not winning the Brownlow also.

:lol and if He won Lotto, he would complain about having to go to the Bank to cash the cheque.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2012, 03:57:53 PM »
TrossMan is a gun and bleeds for the club. You do not give away these types because they are value for money. Has deficiencies and needs help but he is a warrior and is still young for a KPP.
I'd be gutted if we traded Tross.

tony_montana

« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2012, 04:34:16 PM »
Go back to big footy. Pick 9 and tross ffs  :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2012, 04:38:35 PM »
yes

isn't it yesssssss big man

or something

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2012, 04:41:48 PM »
yeah, something like that?

gerkin greg

« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2012, 04:47:18 PM »
i don't know, hard to keep up with the kids these days

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2012, 04:50:33 PM »
i just find it hard to keep it up

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2012, 04:59:18 PM »
"get it done"