Author Topic: Midseason review: Rate our season so far?  (Read 2691 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Midseason review: Rate our season so far?
« on: June 09, 2015, 03:09:24 PM »
With 10 rounds gone and the Bye coming up, it's probably a good time for a review.

1) How would you rate our season so far and what positives/negatives in terms of individual players, coaches and the side overall have come out of it?

2) Where do you think we'll finish at the end of the year and has it changed from the beginning of the season?

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Midseason review: Rate our season so far?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 03:21:00 PM »
should have beaten the Dogs/Dees but seem to have taken lessons from those losses along with the North one.
pleased with C.Ellis/Menadue/McIntosh playing in the snr's. gotta keep up the momentum of the last month & we'll be in a good spot later in the year.

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 06:49:11 PM »
should have beaten the Dogs/Dees but seem to have taken lessons from those losses along with the North one.
pleased with C.Ellis/Menadue/McIntosh playing in the snr's. gotta keep up the momentum of the last month & we'll be in a good spot later in the year.

+1

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 09:19:19 PM »
Still cant beat Geelong :banghead :banghead

Still struggle against North Melbourne :banghead :banghead :banghead

Still let sides like the Dees & Bulldogs beat us. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Thats a total of 10 :banghead
The club that keeps giving.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 09:20:38 PM »
Consistenvy has killed us.

Given the opposition we have beaten in the last month and the type of footy we have played makes all four of our losses disappointing.
Other than the North game where we were dreadful all day we could at least had another 2 possibly 3 wins in the bank.
At 6-4 given who we had in the first four weeks we are just on par.
Given our draw 7-3 or 8-2 would have been nicer and more applicable to where we should have been.
Even 9-1 does not sound far fetched the way things have panned out thus far.
Our last four weeks have been great but right now they have just clawed back some of the ground that was wasted/lost in the first half dozen weeks of the season.
Need to keep the momentum going, to be ambitious and brave and see the top 4 as a real possibility not just a team who will just fall into a finals series. :thumbsup

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 01:52:21 AM »
6 out of 10.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 06:46:08 AM »
Consistenvy has killed us.

Given the opposition we have beaten in the last month and the type of footy we have played makes all four of our losses disappointing.
Other than the North game where we were dreadful all day we could at least had another 2 possibly 3 wins in the bank.
At 6-4 given who we had in the first four weeks we are just on par.
Given our draw 7-3 or 8-2 would have been nicer and more applicable to where we should have been.
Even 9-1 does not sound far fetched the way things have panned out thus far.
Our last four weeks have been great but right now they have just clawed back some of the ground that was wasted/lost in the first half dozen weeks of the season.
Need to keep the momentum going, to be ambitious and brave and see the top 4 as a real possibility not just a team who will just fall into a finals series. :thumbsup

Yep  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 11:51:04 AM »
First 6 weeks were pathetic  - Carlton win in hindsight was below par . Bashed up a team of kids at the gabba.
Lost to two teams in the middle of a rebuild - which will cost us any chance of a top 4 finish.
Lost credibility tests against boogey teams North and Geelong. The Cats in particular look like just another middle of the road team.

Last four weeks have be brilliant . We have played some attractive football. More importantly we are hard to play against. Never thought I would say it , playing a brand of football that wins finals.

Might upset a few on here ....but I would be shocked if we didn't make the finals 3 years in a row now.
Unleash the tornado

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 11:56:32 AM »
The first 6 games were what we were used to along with all the sack hardwick, new captain threads etc etc and I would have rated that the worst start possible BUT the last 4 weeks are beyond my wildest expectations.

Even my son said to me , "Gee I never knew Richmond could play with that passion, determination and skill" BTW he is 28!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 06:58:34 PM »
Here is the full list of Tiger stats stars so far this season: ( Dusty is named in twelve of them  :thumbsup )

Kicks
D. Martin (178)
T. Cotchin (157)
B. Ellis (147)
B. Houli (131)
A. Miles (123)

Handballs
B. Ellis (127)
A. Miles (116)
T. Cotchin (110)
S. Grigg (102)
D. Martin (95)

Total disposals
B. Ellis (274)
D. Martin (273)
T. Cotchin (267)
A. Miles (239)
B. Houli (222)

Contested possessions
T. Cotchin (132)
A. Miles (108)
D. Martin (99)
S. Edwards (94)
I. Maric (90)

Uncontested possessions
B. Ellis (194)
D. Martin (177)
S. Grigg (137)
T. Hunt (135)
B. Houli (134)

Clearances
T. Cotchin (54)
A. Miles (51)
I. Maric (49)
S. Edwards (37)
D. Martin (36)

Centre clearances
T. Cotchin (17)
I. Maric (17)
A. Miles (16)
S. Edwards (16)
D. Martin (15)

Stoppages
T. Cotchin (37)
A. Miles (35)
I. Maric (32)
S. Grigg (22)
B. Ellis (21)
D. Martin (21)
S. Edwards (21)

Inside-50s
D. Martin (41)
T. Cotchin (37)
A. Miles (36)
J. Riewoldt (35)
S. Grigg (32)

Rebound-50s
B. Houli (58)
B. Ellis (26)
A. Rance (26)
D. Martin (23)
A. Miles (20)
N. Valstuin (20)

Goals
J. Riewoldt (27)
B. Griffiths (11)
S. Grigg (10)
D. Martin (8)
S. Edwards (7)
T. Vickery (7)

Marks
J. Riewoldt (69)
B. Ellis (63)
A. Rance (52)
T. Hunt (46)
S. Grigg (44)

Contested marks
J. Riewoldt (16)
A. Rance (10)
I. Maric (9)
J. Batchelor (9)
B. Griffiths (8)

Tackles
S. Grigg (46)
A. Miles (46)
D. Martin (41)
B. Ellis (39)
I. Maric (36)
A. Rance (36)

One-percenters
A. Rance (76)
J. Batchelor (30)
D. Grimes (30)
N. Vlastuin (29)
I. Maric (28)

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-06-15/martin-rules-stats-count

Full stats of all Tiger players in 2015: http://finalsiren.com/Fixture.asp?TeamID=8

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 08:34:08 PM »
Here is the full list of Tiger stats stars so far this season: ( Dusty is named in twelve of them  :thumbsup )

Kicks
D. Martin (178)
T. Cotchin (157)
B. Ellis (147)
B. Houli (131)
A. Miles (123)

Handballs
B. Ellis (127)
A. Miles (116)
T. Cotchin (110)
S. Grigg (102)
D. Martin (95)

Total disposals
B. Ellis (274)
D. Martin (273)
T. Cotchin (267)
A. Miles (239)
B. Houli (222)

Contested possessions
T. Cotchin (132)
A. Miles (108)
D. Martin (99)
S. Edwards (94)
I. Maric (90)

Uncontested possessions
B. Ellis (194)
D. Martin (177)
S. Grigg (137)
T. Hunt (135)
B. Houli (134)

Clearances
T. Cotchin (54)
A. Miles (51)
I. Maric (49)
S. Edwards (37)
D. Martin (36)

Centre clearances
T. Cotchin (17)
I. Maric (17)
A. Miles (16)
S. Edwards (16)
D. Martin (15)

Stoppages
T. Cotchin (37)
A. Miles (35)
I. Maric (32)
S. Grigg (22)
B. Ellis (21)
D. Martin (21)
S. Edwards (21)

Inside-50s
D. Martin (41)
T. Cotchin (37)
A. Miles (36)
J. Riewoldt (35)
S. Grigg (32)

Rebound-50s
B. Houli (58)
B. Ellis (26)
A. Rance (26)
D. Martin (23)
A. Miles (20)
N. Valstuin (20)

Goals
J. Riewoldt (27)
B. Griffiths (11)
S. Grigg (10)
D. Martin (8)
S. Edwards (7)
T. Vickery (7)

Marks
J. Riewoldt (69)
B. Ellis (63)
A. Rance (52)
T. Hunt (46)
S. Grigg (44)

Contested marks
J. Riewoldt (16)
A. Rance (10)
I. Maric (9)
J. Batchelor (9)
B. Griffiths (8)

Tackles
S. Grigg (46)
A. Miles (46)
D. Martin (41)
B. Ellis (39)
I. Maric (36)
A. Rance (36)

One-percenters
A. Rance (76)
J. Batchelor (30)
D. Grimes (30)
N. Vlastuin (29)
I. Maric (28)

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-06-15/martin-rules-stats-count

Full stats of all Tiger players in 2015: http://finalsiren.com/Fixture.asp?TeamID=8
Credit where credit is due, Grigg is having a very good year. I've never been a fan but good on him for having a crack.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 09:01:32 PM »
Geez! Rance 76 1% with Batchelor and Grimes not even registering half his tally. Holy crap our back 6 is beyond stuffed if he leaves.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL 2015 mid-season report card: Good, bad and big improvers at every club

Herald-Sun
June 17, 2015

Richmond

The Good

Since Round 6, the Tigers defence has been hard to crack, conceding 68.0 points per game — ranked fifth. They have allowed the opposition to score from 41.8 per cent of their inside 50s — ranked third. What has changed most is their ability to defend turnovers. In Rounds 1-6 Richmond conceded 57.5 points per game — ranked third — since Round 11 they have conceded just 34.8 points per game — ranked second.

The Bad

Unlike most other top-eight sides, the Tigers aren’t as prolific at scoring from forward half chains. Richmond has generated 13.8 points per game from forward half stoppages — the fewest of any current top-eight. They have scored just 25.2 points per game from turnovers created in their forward half — again the fewest of any current top-eight side.

Game Style

In their last four matches, the Tigers have opted to hold onto the ball take their time moving the ball from defensive 50. They have played after a mark just 14.6 per cent of the time — the lowest percentage of any side — and have recorded the highest kick-to-handball ratio of any side. During this period, Richmond has been in possession of the ball for 43.9 per cent of game time — ranked third.

The Improver

It may come as a surprise to some, but Shaun Grigg currently sits third on Richmond’s goal kicking. He has hit the scoreboard in six of 10 games including four games with multiple goals. With 11 score assists to his name he is one of only four permanent midfielders to average at least one goal and one assist per game along with Nat Fyfe, Luke Shuey and Dane Swan.

SuperCoach stud and dud

Dustin Martin has improved his numbers across the board this year, recording more possessions and tackles and has added 10 points to his SuperCoach average of last year — his 109-point average is third-highest of all forwards. Kane Lambert was a popular rookie pick but left many coaches stranded after hurting his shoulder in his first game, scoring just 36.

http://www.news.com.au/national/afl-2015-mid-season-report-card-good-bad-and-big-improvers-at-every-club/story-e6frfkp9-1227401929151

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

The Improver

It may come as a surprise to some, but Shaun Grigg currently sits third on Richmond’s goal kicking. He has hit the scoreboard in six of 10 games including four games with multiple goals. With 11 score assists to his name he is one of only four permanent midfielders to average at least one goal and one assist per game along with Nat Fyfe, Luke Shuey and Dane Swan.

Sitting with the best