Author Topic: The Hardwick Rebuild Is Dead Long Live the Next Rebuild  (Read 32971 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: The Hardwick Rebuild Is Dead Long Live the Next Rebuild
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2016, 11:56:46 PM »
The club is stuffed or the fans are deluded if we hold out hope on Mc Bean.

Let's just leave Chaplin at full forward for another five years
C'mon bents, disingenuous post that. Jack is our full forward and doing a fine job. The way I see it,Mc Bean has to do better than either Jack or Ty. Ty is the obvious choice but I think his ruck work is far superior to Mc Beans. Maybe Lloyds spot? He isn't doing too badly either.

::)

Chf

Call it what u want

It's a hairy big usless monkey that has the turnin circle of a boat, the agility of a MS sufferer lost clogging in the fwd 50

There is no reason McBean cannot play Chaplins spot outside of the coach being a moron

Dimma has already conceded multiple times he is playing Lloyd as a key forward...
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2016, 12:02:43 AM »
Go Richo I think you are the dulluded one son. No one is holding out hope on anything this club has produced.

What we want is for bean to get the same opportunities as the rest of the selfish scared little fgts who we have given many chances to. If he is not up to it well guess what he joins the rest of the spuds we have.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2016, 12:06:10 AM »

C'mon bents, disingenuous post that. Jack is our full forward and doing a fine job. The way I see it,Mc Bean has to do better than either Jack or Ty. Ty is the obvious choice but I think his ruck work is far superior to Mc Beans. Maybe Lloyds spot? He isn't doing too badly either.

Chf

Call it what u want

It's a hairy big usless monkey that has the turnin circle of a boat, the agility of a MS sufferer lost clogging in the fwd 50

There is no reason McBean cannot play Chaplins spot outside of the coach being a moron

Dimma has already conceded multiple times he is playing Lloyd as a key forward...
There is another reason why McBean doesn't get played and that him not being good enough. I am not saying Chaplin should be playing though, sadly I think Batch is a better option. Even Elton? But honestly these blokes aren't exactly banging the door down. I just hope for an injury free Grimes whom I think would be close to our most underrated player.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2016, 12:10:06 AM »

Chf

Call it what u want

There is another reason why McBean doesn't get played and that him not being good enough. I am not saying Chaplin should be playing though, sadly I think Batch is a better option. Even Elton? But honestly these blokes aren't exactly banging the door down. I just hope for an injury free Grimes whom I think would be close to our most underrated player.

So what's the other option? Play tex walker or j roughed forward? Guess what

It not a question if he's good enough

The question is - is he less Shyte or more Shyte than the current option, overpaid hack old troy

Hampson grigg Chaplin Houli are not good enough yet worshipped by the club like demigods
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2016, 12:11:14 AM »
Go Richo I think you are the dulluded one son. No one is holding out hope on anything this club has produced.

What we want is for bean to get the same opportunities as the rest of the selfish scared little fgts who we have given many chances to. If he is not up to it well guess what he joins the rest of the spuds we have.
I understand your position but honestly Bean is not in our next premiership team either. And I agree, we do have some scared little bunch of sticks.

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2016, 12:15:13 AM »

Chf

Call it what u want

So what's the other option? Play tex walker or j roughed forward? Guess what

It not a question if he's good enough

The question is - is he less Shyte or more Shyte than the current option, overpaid hack old troy

Hampson grigg Chaplin Houli are not good enough yet worshipped by the club like demigods
Once again, I see your point. However, I reckon Chol wants it more than Bean.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2016, 12:15:22 AM »

I understand your position but honestly Bean is not in our next premiership team either. And I agree, we do have some scared little bunch of sticks.

He's 21

He kicked 5 goals today.

Won Victorian football league medals for kicking the most goals

He may well not make it but wouldn't it be nice to try for once before we delist him in stead of playing the same list blocking flogs every week

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2016, 12:20:47 AM »

He's 21

He kicked 5 goals today.

He has was medals for kicking the most goals

He may well not make it but wouldn't it be nice to try for once before we delist him in stead of playing the same list blocking flogs every week
Fair enough. Like I said, I can see where you're coming from.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2016, 03:54:46 AM »
Successful clubs are able to turnaround their rebuilds relatively quickly (within a couple of years) because they have a strong core with depth during their successful times. Once that successful period is over, the younger members of that squad become the older core of the next successful period. So when these clubs drop down the ladder and bring in a wave of high draft pick talent, they are actually adding these new kids to an already existing core. Hawthorn, for instance, added Buddy, Roughead, Lewis, Birchall, Rioli to an existing young core of Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell, Bateman, Croad, Campbell Brown, etc. They've remained on top since with smart trades and FA deals. 

Our attempt at "rebuilding" in 2005 was started from scratch with no young core (unlike the Hawks). We stuffed up the 2004-5 drafts completely aside from Lids, so the start got pushed back to the end of 2006 and we were still "rebuilding" by the start of Dimma's reign at the end of 2009. We were able to build a decent core with Cotch, Lids, Jack, Rance, Dusty and trading in Ivan, while we brought in some experience via other trades and FA. This moved us from a bottom side up to the upper-middle region of the ladder by 2013. However, we really needed a second wave of top early-draft talent and/or a Hawthorn-like smart trades/FA scenario to boost the quality of our list and depth to become a top 4 side. Without either scenario, we have stagnated over the past 3 years and as a result still rely on the same core we had 3 years ago.

With good runs in terms of injuries, we've been able to play all of our core and hence our best 22 most weeks over a H/A season which has covered enough over our depth and quality deficiencies to have us finishing between 5th-8th. However, the heat of finals and now injuries to our key core players have exposed our list deficiencies and over-reliance on our core players.

A mini-rebuild, where we drop down and pick up a second wave of high-end draft talent wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. It doesn't help though that we have already given up a 2016 second rounder thanks to the Yarran/Gold Coast trades.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2016, 09:18:39 AM »
Disagree the 5% upgrades won't win u a premiership.

Grigg has not improved since coming to the club. If we drafted a kid who knows what he could have turned into. Sam Frost is a better footballer than Chaplin. Rookie player vs 400k dud.
Sam Lloyd been good.

Money ball is rubbish and the people need to take responsibility for doing the top up rubbish that ruined the club in the Frawley era.

Petterd
Chaplin
Edwards
Grigg
Hampson
Plus more

All average C graders. Best case scenario gets u a token finals appearance which is what we have achieved and thus have peaked.

Pathetic.

Nothing wrong with moneyball to fix short term holes in the list.

Hardwick's problem is he forgets this and gets comfortable with the moneyballer and forgets to develop the player we drafted to fix the hole in the first place.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2016, 09:22:50 AM »
Woosha... :thumbsup

So we have missed out on this bloke and we have missed out on Roo's who would have been great. Who is left, what about throwing the kitchen sink at Clarkson at the end of the year.... :clapping
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2016, 09:48:22 AM »
Get KB

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2016, 10:16:13 AM »
Gotta stuff him off
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: April 25, 2016, 07:10:04 PM »
As the years tick by Father Time stops for no one rance. Deledio. Cotchin. All get another year closer to hanging up the boots.

What's most gratin for Richmond faithful as the premiership window slams shut is what could of been

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: April 25, 2016, 07:16:04 PM »
Finished. In Failure. We are a rabble. What a complete Disappointment. But I dont only blame Hardwick, this failure is the failure in understand that when you recruit rejects from other clubs under a moneyball scenario this is what you get - CRAP!

They talk big at Tigerland but once again they have come up empty. Just complete disappointment. Dont know what to say and we pay those idiots at Punt Road to produce this type of crap. They have no pride.

So whose available in the next draft folks?

Of the players in the 25 age range plus:

Richmond boast

A Moore.
Hunt
Morris
Houli
Grigg
Hampson
Chaplin

A remarkable quantity of deadwood in the senior rAnks

Contrast this with opposition lists. They difference are stark a senior players at other clubs often add skill experience class ... As opposed to being a burden