Author Topic: Dylan Grimes [merged]  (Read 233390 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dylan Grimes [merged]
« Reply #510 on: March 26, 2014, 06:59:34 PM »
Must surely be a real chance to come into the side. Would not be at all surprised to see Chaplin or Rance cool their heels.
Both have hardly set the world on fire this pre season and struggled against GC. Neither should be a walk up start on their round 1 performance.

Reckon there's more chance of me playing this week than there is of Chaplin or Rance getting dropped = No Chance at all  ;D

Hope you still fit into your jumper WP. ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #511 on: March 26, 2014, 08:09:32 PM »
Must surely be a real chance to come into the side. Would not be at all surprised to see Chaplin or Rance cool their heels.
Both have hardly set the world on fire this pre season and struggled against GC. Neither should be a walk up start on their round 1 performance.

Reckon there's more chance of me playing this week than there is of Chaplin or Rance getting dropped = No Chance at all  ;D

Hope you still fit into your jumper WP. ;D

Your opinion was they would be dropped - and neither has been so I am very safe

Rance hasn't been dropped he is out injured. The fact that club refused to list him on the injured list is another thing all together  :banghead

So I don't need a jumper and BTW I don't own a jumper  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

the claw

« Reply #512 on: March 26, 2014, 08:54:54 PM »
Grimes fragility requires someone like astbury to pull the finger out
yep we sure need one of the big kpds to step up to allow rance to play the third tall role.
if astbury cant step up the one who should be taking grimes spot at third tall is  mcintosh, that is if we even play and develop him as a defender  :o.

Mc is way off the pace at this stage of his development, not even close to afl standard yet, needs a fair bit more development before we can think about him in the starting 22
Don't think he's that far off. His biggest issue was not being able to break tackles. What I liked was he didn't drop his head and kept trying to play his game. He'll learn from that and bounce back. Better than other kids who go into their shell when they make a mistake and don't want the footy.

Agree about not dropping his head, but would be surprised if he plays senior footy this season

This conversation, like our pre-season so far, suffers from a severe lack of Ben Darrou.
gotta say while i like aspects of grimes game, and i acknowledge injuries have stifled him, he must be the most over hyped tall defender in the afl. its unbelievable for a bloke whos managed just 9 games  in any one season.
whoa claw hold up it will turn into a cry fest with supporters jumping to his defense.
lets just to date i dont see him as either a kpp or a running rebounder. hes another glass half full to date with the potential imo to be a fair bit better than that. he aint there yet and the love of him is sickening.
people do realise theres much more to the game than being third up and puching, seems not.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #513 on: March 26, 2014, 08:57:18 PM »
So I don't need a jumper and BTW I don't own a jumper  ;D

;D

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #514 on: March 26, 2014, 09:58:59 PM »
Just hope he is ready........,
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #515 on: March 26, 2014, 11:16:36 PM »
'Sickening' aye Claw? It's sickening to hear Richmond fans talk up Grimes?

When are you due back in Mordor again mate?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #516 on: March 26, 2014, 11:17:57 PM »
LMAOOOO @ the fires of mount doom

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #517 on: March 26, 2014, 11:28:34 PM »
if carlton do what they always do against us they will play plenty of tall forwards.
looking just at the physical attributes of players both height and size i can envision one of casboult/rowe as one kp , waite as the other ,  with kruezer starting forward and resting there when he needs a rest in the ruck.  they may even play everitt forward as well. they will also likely have the option of playing hendeson forward. depending on what role is given to everitt and how we structure up. either way imo they will have 3 real tall and big forwards most of the time.

to counter this we should  go something like this.

astbury 195/95 v rowe 198/96 or casboult 199/103 , rance 194/96 v waite 194/93 ,  chaplin 195/97 v kruezer 200/103. theres no match up for grimes in this lot but if everitt at 194/88  plays as well there should be a spot for grimes at 193/89.
I hope they do. There is 3 months worth of rain about to pee on us tomorrow. stuff I hope my seat isn't in the peeing rain. My hair will go frizzy. So will poor Tyrone's  :(

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #518 on: April 06, 2014, 12:28:54 AM »
Why?
Caracella and Balmey.

Gigantor

« Reply #519 on: April 06, 2014, 06:11:21 AM »
yesterday I saw signs of Dylan getting back to his best.For me that was one of the very few good things to come out of the game

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #520 on: April 06, 2014, 10:19:12 AM »
agree

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #521 on: April 12, 2014, 12:20:32 AM »
Given his injury history I am prepared to give him some time but I am not hopeful that he is the player we are hoping he becomes. :(

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #522 on: April 12, 2014, 01:55:37 AM »
Hammy injuries have curbed his development big time. Just not the player he was.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #523 on: April 12, 2014, 03:08:08 PM »
Give him a preseason ffs

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #524 on: April 12, 2014, 03:10:34 PM »
 Infected by tigeritis. .....too late.