Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 410507 times)

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
On face value, I think Collingwood would be stupid to let De Goey walk and I don't think they will.

But I also think they might need to pay market value to keep him. No real discount to apply.

So they need more cap space to pursue Lynch. Will be interesting to see which apples, if they do, can be shaken from the tree.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The biggest looming battle for a free agent is between Richmond, Hawthorn and Collingwood, as the three Victorian heavyweights shape up to fight for the services of Gold Coast forward Tom Lynch.

“(The Hawks) would have the best salary cap position,” Niall said.

“(But) if they are pursuing Rory Sloane or another midfielder they would only have the room for one player, they wouldn’t be able to get Lynch and Sloane if Sloane decides to leave the Crows.”

While that may open the door for the Tigers and Magpies, both clubs have salary cap concerns of their own that need to be sorted before any official offers can be tabled for Lynch.

“Richmond have got a number of players out of contract but they would have to find space,” Niall said.

“That would be a difficult task.”

The Tigers still have 19 players coming out of contract this year, including premiership heroes Shaun Grigg, Nathan Broad, Jacob Townsend and Bachar Houli, along with Jayden Short and Reece Conca who both appear to have forced their way into Richmond’s best 22.

However, the reigning premier’s habit of rotating players through the side will stop many from making big contract demands, as well as the club being able to milk the ‘stay together for less as we chase success’ line.

The Magpies are also feeling the strain with many players putting in career-best seasons just as a whopping 22 of them come out of contract.

“Collingwood are trying to keep De Goey, trying to keep Darcy Moore, trying to keep Elliott,” Niall said.

Key midfielders Adam Treloar and Taylor Adams are up for re-negotiation at the end of next year and both will be expecting to ask for sizable deals.

“So all of those clubs have challenges trying to accommodate Tom Lynch.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/which-afl-teams-can-afford-jordan-de-goey-and-tom-lynch/11725lqui186711hox5hcvh83w

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Now the Aints have thrown their hat into the ring for De Goey.....

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/saints-confirm-interest-in-de-goey-20180628-p4zo97.html

:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Thanks Sherlock Niall for stating the bleeding obvious  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
"Tom Lynch will miss the remainder of the season after succumbing to a posterior cruciate ligament injury."

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/1012202936326225920

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Prestia all over again..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Prestia all over again..... :shh

Which means...3-peat :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
With Conca “dominating all the key stats”, and if I am wrong, as some on here suggest and keep telling me, I would then expect a list of clubs fighting for his signature at seasons end.

A bit quiet on that front at the moment and I’m not hearing from anyone (except here) how important retaining him is to our future success.  :shh
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Neil Balme was interviewed on Ch 10 news tonight. By his comments he clearly showed we're after Lynch, although he didn't seem aware of Lynch's PCL injury announcement until the question from the reporter. Balmey said we'll look at the severity of Lynch's knee injury. He said it's hard & a bit disrespectful commentating on another club's player but "it's unfortunate for the kid."

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Thanks Sherlock Niall for stating the bleeding obvious  ::)

How would he even know? Just speculating.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
With Conca “dominating all the key stats”, and if I am wrong, as some on here suggest and keep telling me, I would then expect a list of clubs fighting for his signature at seasons end.

A bit quiet on that front at the moment and I’m not hearing from anyone (except here) how important retaining him is to our future success.  :shh

Has an offer on the table from Freo. 600k per year.

Will never turn his back on the Tiges. RFC Champion is Reecey 'horse balls' Conca  :thumbsup
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Horse balls will need to be exactly that after tonight

Poor bloke

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Oath.

Can't take a trick. Gotta love all the respect he got off his brothers & the Tiger army though. Great guy, lot of class and heart

Dougeytherichmondfan

De Goey signs with Collingwood. 2 years, no idea how much.

Hashtag lol n0rt