Author Topic: State of Umpiring [merged]  (Read 288235 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: State of Umpiring [merged]
« Reply #915 on: August 12, 2017, 05:43:55 PM »
yeah right, so 1 goal not paid made the difference.

how about the lack of moves made by dudwick when rance was getting pantsed by Taylor? He was getting toweled like trengrove did in that first half yet no moves? 4 goals to Taylor = game over.

Rance was as pathetic as edwards, houli and soldo today

how about he learn to deal with it instead of telling the whole world about it.

***sorry i forgot dudwick did make a move. Rance to FF with 1 minute left. LMFAO

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #916 on: August 12, 2017, 06:14:44 PM »
That second quarter killed the game though. Jack was getting held and driven into the ground every time it went into our forward line, our tackles were never rewarded while every single thing was  picked out in their forward 50. What about that rubbish push out in the second I think to Menzel to name just one? Wasn't even there. Should ask Short what he thought of Mackie's rushed behind too. These are goals denied from us and gifted to the opposition. No matter how well you play you can't control those things. The club needs to ask wtf is going on because it's every stuffing week.

This. Quite simple 12 free kicks to 3 in 2nd qtr and god knows how many the umpire ignored. It's a momentum killer which handed them the game on a plate in the 2nd qtr
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #917 on: August 12, 2017, 06:18:06 PM »
Umpiring was a disgrace. Once again it is the ones they didn't pay that killed us. Geelong players seemed to be given much longer to dispose of the ball compared to our players.... :banghead
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #918 on: August 12, 2017, 06:34:07 PM »
Umpiring was a disgrace. Once again it is the ones they didn't pay that killed us. Geelong players seemed to be given much longer to dispose of the ball compared to our players.... :banghead

One word... Stevic
A fellow forum member sent me a msg during the game, i wasnt watching as i was working.
I decided to read msg, reply and check game on my afl app. As spon as the screen came up it had Matt stevic doing everything he could to not pay a holding free to macca on boundary.
Turned it off, knew we were stuffed before the game started so im not even suprised.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

dwaino

« Reply #919 on: August 12, 2017, 06:51:24 PM »
Stevic should be banned for umpiring our games. Clearly something has happened in the past causing some conflict of interest and affecting his ability to officiate impartially.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #920 on: August 12, 2017, 06:54:05 PM »
Over it!

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #921 on: August 12, 2017, 07:37:40 PM »
Holding the ball paid against Rioli a diagrace, so many instancesit was poo truck

Offline Barry Oh

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #922 on: August 12, 2017, 07:57:44 PM »
Cue the Benny Hill music or in  when in Geelong take out the banjo and start playing deliverance solos.

dwaino

« Reply #923 on: August 13, 2017, 12:19:12 AM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/damien-hardwick-claims-richmond-copped-raw-deal-against-geelong-with-free-kick-count/news-story/23a2230219e817215a30a6f60bb19f73

Finally speaks up. The most clear cut frees missed and wrong frees paid against us was easily worth 6 goals. Still got beaten in other areas but that second quarter really broke us. Something like a 14 or 15 to 1 free kick run. We've been playing poorly and still winning games. This time we played poorly and paid for it with the umpires putting us to the sword having a massive say in it. Really need to start making the most of our opportunities so the germs can't be a factor.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #924 on: August 13, 2017, 06:45:26 AM »
Experienced umpires Matt Stevic, Simon Meredith and Andrew Mitchell had been in charge.

Hardwick could face a "please explain" from the AFL for his comments.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/geelong-freekick-count-influenced-by-fans-claims-richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-20170811-gxugaf.html

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #925 on: August 13, 2017, 07:06:12 AM »
Experienced umpires Matt Stevic, Simon Meredith and Andrew Mitchell had been in charge.

Hardwick could face a "please explain" from the AFL for his comments.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/geelong-freekick-count-influenced-by-fans-claims-richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-20170811-gxugaf.html

Schwab should be given a stuffen please explain also

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #926 on: August 13, 2017, 08:13:09 AM »
I understand that it's their home ground and someone has spent a lot of coin to get it to where it is currently but would other clubs be allowed the same "advantage" if they wanted to have their own "boutique" home ground again? Because it is a massive advantage!!

Imagine if Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood or Essendon wanted to upgrade their home grounds and play games there.

I think in a competition the size of the AFL the grounds on which teams play on must cater for both teams supporters.

The AFL have a massive double standard imo with Geelongs home ground.

I'm sure if Richmond wanted to play games at Punt Road in front of 30,000 people the AFL wouldn't allow it purely on gate receipts alone, let alone the game wouldn't grow at the same rate as it is now with everyone being able to watch our home games whether you are a Tigers supporter or an opposition supporter.

Supporters not being able to watch their team play live each week is a disgrace!! And how the AFL can justify that is beyond me.

How they scheduled a side like us with 70,000 members regardless of how we went last year is just ridiculous.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #927 on: August 13, 2017, 08:58:52 AM »
I understand that it's their home ground and someone has spent a lot of coin to get it to where it is currently but would other clubs be allowed the same "advantage" if they wanted to have their own "boutique" home ground again? Because it is a massive advantage!!

Imagine if Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood or Essendon wanted to upgrade their home grounds and play games there.

I think in a competition the size of the AFL the grounds on which teams play on must cater for both teams supporters.

The AFL have a massive double standard imo with Geelongs home ground.

I'm sure if Richmond wanted to play games at Punt Road in front of 30,000 people the AFL wouldn't allow it purely on gate receipts alone, let alone the game wouldn't grow at the same rate as it is now with everyone being able to watch our home games whether you are a Tigers supporter or an opposition supporter.

Supporters not being able to watch their team play live each week is a disgrace!! And how the AFL can justify that is beyond me.

How they scheduled a side like us with 70,000 members regardless of how we went last year is just ridiculous.

Your last paragraph sums it up perfect yet they come and give us the exuse on last year's performance and defend it nothing but clowns common sense were big drawers to games and 70000 members put interstate clubs there and low drawing crowds.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:42:16 PM by georgies31 »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #928 on: August 13, 2017, 12:32:11 PM »

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #929 on: August 13, 2017, 01:27:58 PM »

One word... Stevic
A fellow forum member sent me a msg during the game, i wasnt watching as i was working.
I decided to read msg, reply and check game on my afl app. As spon as the screen came up it had Matt stevic doing everything he could to not pay a holding free to macca on boundary.
Turned it off, knew we were stuffed before the game started so im not even suprised.

Stevic has been  BIG BIG problem on and off for at least 7-8 years and i alsi recall some absolutely shocking games around 2006/2007 which he was proudly front and centre.

Whenever we are getting REALLY bent over i look for his name or umpire number (9) and suprise suprise hes officiating.

He has KILLED US. Theres no two ways about it.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018