Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 427931 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #1050 on: December 09, 2013, 07:03:40 PM »
Con a is tough as nails :cheers

rewind the tape and count how many head injuries hes got going for the pill
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:40:50 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1051 on: December 09, 2013, 07:37:35 PM »
Any one doubting conca should listen to the champion data interview on tiger talk.

Conca is tracking ahead of what is expected for a  21 yr old midfielder taken at pick 6.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1052 on: December 09, 2013, 09:13:05 PM »
I rate Heppell comfortably ahead of Conca at this stage.
Me too. But it doesn't make me a bad person  :lol
If Heppell played for us, half the clowns on here that don't rate him would be talking him up big time. Some people are passionate but some people are just stupid.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #1053 on: December 09, 2013, 09:17:02 PM »
Who gives a stuff about Heppell!!!!!!!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1054 on: December 09, 2013, 09:25:43 PM »
Who gives a stuff about Heppell!!!!!!!
It's a discussion about AFL footy on a forum relating to a tigers player. If you don't like the discussion you and your exclamation marks move on to another topic. Or go practice your puting!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #1055 on: December 09, 2013, 10:19:03 PM »
lol heppell actually wins more contested ball than conca. he also finds more out side ball. he also lays more tackles but because as a skinny little stick he pu;lled out once hes forever a dud.

his first  yr he barley weighed 80kg for a kid standing 189cm that made him a stick. hes slowly gained a little size since,  this yr he played at 85kg still well under where he needs to be. imo he has a bigger upside than conca in the physical stakes. when hes 189/and 90 91 kg with the strength and confidence that goes with it watch out.
but size or not its the ability to buy time the awareness of whats around him that enables him to make v good decisions and use the ball well. i dont see that in reece.

unlike some around here im prepared to be honest and say yes atm heppell is a mile in front hes more than likely going to be a more rounded player and  atm more damaging. that may change and i hope it does but to infer conca has upside and heppell has none is hilarious.

as a  kid u18s  2010  he won the morrish medal. in his first yr  2011 he won the rising star award.  in just his 2nd  season 2012   he was r/u in his clubs best & fairest. and last yr he pushed his disposal percentage up toward 25 a game with a large narrowing of u/p to c/p  but still hes a dud and our boys better to date.
how pathetic are we.
im not having a go at conca but this is a discussion comparing two players and i just happen to rate the other player to date higher.thing is  i always take the blinkers off.  im not sure how anyone could rate conca in front of heppell after their first 3 yrs.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1056 on: December 10, 2013, 12:18:45 AM »
lol heppell actually wins more contested ball than conca. he also finds more out side ball. he also lays more tackles but because as a skinny little stick he pu;lled out once hes forever a dud.

his first  yr he barley weighed 80kg for a kid standing 189cm that made him a stick. hes slowly gained a little size since,  this yr he played at 85kg still well under where he needs to be. imo he has a bigger upside than conca in the physical stakes. when hes 189/and 90 91 kg with the strength and confidence that goes with it watch out.
but size or not its the ability to buy time the awareness of whats around him that enables him to make v good decisions and use the ball well. i dont see that in reece.

unlike some around here im prepared to be honest and say yes atm heppell is a mile in front hes more than likely going to be a more rounded player and  atm more damaging. that may change and i hope it does but to infer conca has upside and heppell has none is hilarious.

as a  kid u18s  2010  he won the morrish medal. in his first yr  2011 he won the rising star award.  in just his 2nd  season 2012   he was r/u in his clubs best & fairest. and last yr he pushed his disposal percentage up toward 25 a game with a large narrowing of u/p to c/p  but still hes a dud and our boys better to date.
how pathetic are we.
im not having a go at conca but this is a discussion comparing two players and i just happen to rate the other player to date higher.thing is  i always take the blinkers off.  im not sure how anyone could rate conca in front of heppell after their first 3 yrs.

Agree I'd swap Conca for heppell in a heartbeat. We were stupid not to take Heppell.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1057 on: December 10, 2013, 05:20:47 PM »
Last year Conca kicked 3 goals in a match twice....Heppell has yet to achieve that feat.

Heppell does average 4 more disposals per match than Conca ....probably because he plays more in defence and gets more junk Bowden- esque style kicks to pump up his stats.

For a third year player Reece is tracking along nicely and is an important cog in the Richmond midfield. He has also shown great loyalty to the tigers despite both WA team sniffing around at the end of the season.

Let's not get hysterical .....Im not losing any sleep over the fact we chose conca over heppell...yet other posters are intent on making it another Tambo/Franklin calamity.

Unleash the tornado

the claw

« Reply #1058 on: December 10, 2013, 07:44:31 PM »
Last year Conca kicked 3 goals in a match twice....Heppell has yet to achieve that feat.

Heppell does average 4 more disposals per match than Conca ....probably because he plays more in defence and gets more junk Bowden- esque style kicks to pump up his stats.

For a third year player Reece is tracking along nicely and is an important cog in the Richmond midfield. He has also shown great loyalty to the tigers despite both WA team sniffing around at the end of the season.

Let's not get hysterical .....Im not losing any sleep over the fact we chose conca over heppell...yet other posters are intent on making it another Tambo/Franklin calamity.
thats just it no ones having a go at reece in fact most of us have said hes going okay. i dont think anyone else is losing sleep over us taking conca.  but if we compare the two to date im sorry heppell wins to date. isnt that what we are currently debating.
yes in conca we got a decent player unlike tambling who was a total bust so there is no comparison.

what can be debated and asked  is did we get the best possible player with pick 6. its a fair question as well,  because at the time of the draft there was plenty of questions about us taking conca at 6 by a lot of people if not most people.

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #1059 on: December 10, 2013, 08:13:11 PM »

thats just it no ones having a go at reece in fact most of us have said hes going okay. i dont think anyone else is losing sleep over us taking conca.  but if we compare the two to date im sorry heppell wins to date. isnt that what we are currently debating.
yes in conca we got a decent player unlike tambling who was a total bust so there is no comparison.

what can be debated and asked  is did we get the best possible player with pick 6. its a fair question as well,  because at the time of the draft there was plenty of questions about us taking conca at 6 by a lot of people if not most people.

i think you place far to much importance on stats..  Theres that other thing that you fail to see.. its not measured with stats. its called heart..  Conca has it, Morris has it.  Watson has it and zaharakis has it    your show pony types like heppell dont!  The one thing we have drafted into the side in recent times is players with heart..  Go through them, even the ones that havent quite got there have had that thing you never take into account.. Heart!  Heart wins you a Grand Final, show ponies dont..

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #1060 on: December 10, 2013, 08:14:44 PM »

i think you place far to much importance on stats..  Theres that other thing that you fail to see.. its not measured with stats. its called heart..  Conca has it, Morris has it.  Watson has it and zaharakis has it    your show pony types like heppell dont!  The one thing we have drafted into the side in recent times is players with heart..  Go through them, even the ones that havent quite got there have had that thing you never take into account.. Heart!  Heart wins you a Grand Final, show ponies dont..

Agree, except 2 words

Mitch Morton

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #1061 on: December 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM »

Agree, except 2 words

Mitch Morton

:rollin  Gold!  do you really think he won sydney a grand final..  playing 10mins

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1062 on: December 10, 2013, 09:46:32 PM »
Reece > Heppell

the claw

« Reply #1063 on: December 10, 2013, 11:01:29 PM »

fair enough reece has been an infinately better player than heppell to date because he has heart. ::) did hppells lack of heart help him win a morrish medal or the rising star award or did it help him finish 2nd in his clubs b&f all this from a bloke with no heart. what has concas so called heart help him achieve to date whats that i hear nothing.
gotta luv the excuses.
people on here would be creaming their pants if we had a player who had achieved what heppell has to date. yep heppell lacks heart  lets just ignore the many acts of courage hes displayed going back with the flight, nope as a skinny kid he pulled out once hes no good.
ill take a bloke who knows how to find it both inside and out, has great awareness,  doesnt panic and has the ability to buy time and use the ball well, defends well, and can run and spread with the best of em. which one of these things is reece doing really well atm.

what is we call people who just refuse to admit they are wrong. cmon who has impacted games more who has literally performed better to date you arent telling me conca has are ya.
jeezus h Geez are we really that petty.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1064 on: December 11, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »

fair enough reece has been an infinately better player than heppell to date because he has heart. ::) did hppells lack of heart help him win a morrish medal or the rising star award or did it help him finish 2nd in his clubs b&f all this from a bloke with no heart. what has concas so called heart help him achieve to date whats that i hear nothing.
gotta luv the excuses.
people on here would be creaming their pants if we had a player who had achieved what heppell has to date. yep heppell lacks heart  lets just ignore the many acts of courage hes displayed going back with the flight, nope as a skinny kid he pulled out once hes no good.
ill take a bloke who knows how to find it both inside and out, has great awareness,  doesnt panic and has the ability to buy time and use the ball well, defends well, and can run and spread with the best of em. which one of these things is reece doing really well atm.

what is we call people who just refuse to admit they are wrong. cmon who has impacted games more who has literally performed better to date you arent telling me conca has are ya.
jeezus h Geez are we really that petty.
Conca has started much more slowly than Heppell but is reeling him in quickly. Only injury will stop him overtaking him.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.