Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 428280 times)

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Reece Conca [update]
« Reply #2085 on: June 13, 2016, 11:31:36 AM »
I thought Conca was okay yesterday. He laid roughly 5 or 6 tackles. I think only Cotchin had more tackles.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2086 on: June 13, 2016, 11:53:04 AM »
One game......nuff said, he will have a brain fade again, or do something stupid or do nothing at all, its when and not if.

Trade.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2087 on: June 13, 2016, 11:55:01 AM »
Wat more hyperbole than Damien's cream on the poo cake 
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2088 on: June 13, 2016, 12:01:26 PM »
Nah, think WAT might actually have it right for once, fair summation of his career so far....shoot enough arrows and one will eventually hit a target I guess...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2089 on: June 13, 2016, 01:01:03 PM »
Judged harshly by those on here because Betamax picked him with pick 6. He was probably a pick 20 to 30. If we picked him there he would not be criticised which is strange because he had no control of where he was picked the draft.

He needs a good run to show his worth but has an amazing change of pace and sidestep that allows him to evade well. His disposal by foot is iffy (like half the team) but he has a red hot go and puts his body on the line. He is a good tackler too. He is best 22 easily and people look at the EF last year when he hadn't played a game for a long while and then is thrust into a high pressure final - again not his fault. Should not be judging players when they are clearly underdone.

My question on him is his body. Will his hammys stand up or will they go again? There is no use having a player that is always in rehab. If he can stay fit, we are a better team.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2090 on: June 13, 2016, 01:15:21 PM »
I criticise him because I don't think he's very good...undisciplined, unfit, injury prone, mainly because he's unfit, generally a poor decision maker with unreliable disposal , capable of good disposal yes, (two best passes by foot I've seen in recent years were both by him.)  but it's few far between and has some decent evasive skills, goes hard and tackles ok but that's about it and no more than what you could get from 4th rounder or a the kind of very good state leaguer you occassionally find with rookie picks....that he cost a first round pick at the expense of far superior & better performed players just happens to be the kicker to all that.

Could he improve and get over his  injury problems? Dunno, maybe, I guess, but unless he absolutely stands out for the remainder of the season, I'm not willing to hang onto him forever or until he's worth absolutely nothing just to find out.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:32:16 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #2091 on: June 13, 2016, 01:35:14 PM »
Played a good game on returning from injury, challenge for him now is to see how those hammies go.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2092 on: June 13, 2016, 01:56:09 PM »
I thought his tagging job on Gazza was pretty dam good!  Top shelf even, considering how many times Gazza has cut us to pieces in the past!  He was the perfect match up for Gazza (very well coached, but shoosh on that point around here!) which helped us get on top in the middle & take the game away from them.  He played the tagging role really well, but lets see if he can back it up!  One in a row & counting ...    ;D
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2093 on: June 13, 2016, 02:00:46 PM »
He looked ok yesterday.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2094 on: June 13, 2016, 02:03:24 PM »
I actually used to think Conca was a very good pick up and he would be an excellent player in time. But he just hasn't stepped up, even when he was fit he was average, he didn't really set the world on fire or play any games where I said wow, what a great game. At the moment he is just another mid tier level player who is filling a gap, like so many in our team. First he needs to get his body and fitness right as well as his mental attitude, then he needs to work on his game and his consistency. Maybe then we will have a better player but until then I won't be singing his praises after one game.

I still think he has more going for him as a trade then as along term player for the club.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2095 on: June 13, 2016, 02:14:33 PM »
Conca. Astbury. Grimes.
Yarren. Rance. C Ellis.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2096 on: June 13, 2016, 02:16:18 PM »
Astbury is a deer in headlights
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2097 on: June 13, 2016, 02:17:33 PM »
Astbury is a deer in headlights

And yet still light years ahead of Chaplin the monkey

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2098 on: June 13, 2016, 02:20:09 PM »
I criticise him because I don't think he's very good...undisciplined, unfit, injury prone, mainly because he's unfit, generally a poor decision maker with unreliable disposal , capable of good disposal yes, (two best passes by foot I've seen in recent years were both by him.)  but it's few far between and has some decent evasive skills, goes hard and tackles ok but that's about it and no more than what you could get from 4th rounder or a the kind of very good state leaguer you occassionally find with rookie picks....that he cost a first round pick at the expense of far superior & better performed players just happens to be the kicker to all that.

Could he improve and get over his  injury problems? Dunno, maybe, I guess, but unless he absolutely stands out for the remainder of the season, I'm not willing to hang onto him forever or until he's worth absolutely nothing just to find out.

I am of the belief he is much better when he kicks the ball long for example the kick to Martin in the fourth quarter which led to the goal by Lloyd. Has got to play consistent football between now and the end of the season to stay at the club.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2099 on: June 13, 2016, 02:42:54 PM »

I am of the belief he is much better when he kicks the ball long for example the kick to Martin in the fourth quarter which led to the goal by Lloyd. Has got to play consistent football between now and the end of the season to stay at the club.
Unfortunately when anyone kicks the ball long they are breaking team rules. Dumma will not have it! Chip chip dinky20 sideways crab movement is "the Richmond way".  :clapping
The club that keeps giving.