Author Topic: Saints dump Maguire  (Read 2789 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Saints dump Maguire
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 12:56:47 PM »

So like every preseason I'm hoping something will give this time round and thursty/mcguane/moore come back 6-7kgs heavier  :o  ;D

Those who have seen them at training this season say that McGuane has put some size on up top.
Yep from first impressions seeing Luke on Wednesday he looks bigger across the chest.

Maybe thursty/mcguane/moore just need to get married.....thats when I started putting on weight ;D
Unleash the tornado

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 02:47:17 PM »
I honestly don't think he's an upgrade on what we've got. I'd rather see thursfield, mcguane, rance and moore put on some beef this summer and stick with them (*not to mention Post if hardwick sees him as a KD rather than a KF).

So you finally discovered where the big hitters swing. Welcome to the board.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 02:48:39 PM »

So like every preseason I'm hoping something will give this time round and thursty/mcguane/moore come back 6-7kgs heavier  :o  ;D

Those who have seen them at training this season say that McGuane has put some size on up top.

McGuane will never put weight on where he needs it most....above the shoulders  :gobdrop

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 10:38:42 PM »

McGuane will never put weight on where he needs it most....above the shoulders  :gobdrop

I think you under rate McGuane.  Even the best defenders get beaten, given we had such a rabble of a side this year its not surprising the defense looked bad.  I reckon he has the potential to be the next Scotty Turner, he just has to get some run going.  And Turner took a few years to get going too.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 11:58:44 PM »

Yep from first impressions seeing Luke on Wednesday he looks bigger across the chest.

Has his disposal also been augmented ?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 02:15:22 PM »

Has his disposal also been augmented ?
People are still riding McGuane over his disposal from 2008 when he had OP. It was much improved in 2009 and should be improved further by the fact he'll have people working harder up the ground creating options once Hardwick reads them the riot act preseason.

Tigermonk

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 04:50:19 PM »
l say McGuane had a good go in 2009. showed some desperation to win the ball just wish others like Newman would go harder

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 10:49:41 PM »

I think you under rate McGuane.  Even the best defenders get beaten, given we had such a rabble of a side this year its not surprising the defense looked bad.  I reckon he has the potential to be the next Scotty Turner, he just has to get some run going.  And Turner took a few years to get going too.

I think you're confusing McGuane with Thursfield. A lot more similarities between him and Turner than McGuane.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 12:10:09 AM »

I think you're confusing McGuane with Thursfield. A lot more similarities between him and Turner than McGuane.

If either turn into the next Turner and get the same run out of defence I'd be happy

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 08:22:25 AM »
Dont think Thursfield has the same mongrel/hardness that Turner had.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Gigantor

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 08:43:55 AM »
This is just my opinion ,but i never rated scott turner highly to be honest.yes he was hard and tough ,but hardly an outstanding fullback..It seems with the passage of time he has obtained legendary status amongst richmond supporters,this i fail to understand

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 12:55:52 PM »
This is just my opinion ,but i never rated scott turner highly to be honest.yes he was hard and tough ,but hardly an outstanding fullback..It seems with the passage of time he has obtained legendary status amongst richmond supporters,this i fail to understand
Agreed

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2009, 06:45:47 PM »

I think running through O'donnell, which was a turning point of  the 2'nd semi against Essendon plays a large part in that. He did have a bit of a cult following though and of course, because he was not the most skilled player, his detractors as well. There used to one bloke behind the goals in the southern stand (standing up the back) who just bagged him relentlessly. Became a bit tiresome at times.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Gigantor

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2009, 06:51:39 PM »
in fairness to us richmond supporters we havent had much to hang our hat on this past 20 odd years,so i guuess running through o'donnell would constitute a rallying point for us .
Damn Dima get us back to the top

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2009, 11:48:30 PM »

Kept Dunstall goaless didnt rate with you ???

Dont know about the legendary status, but he was certainly one of our best defenders in the past 20 years. Or havent you sat through games watching Frangalas, Leys, Czerkaski, Howat and Laffy fall over everytime the ball crossed the centre square.