Author Topic: VFL R2: Richmond vs Sydney @ Punt Rd, Sun. March 31  (Read 2348 times)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: VFL R2: Richmond vs Sydney @ Punt Rd, Sun. March 31
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2024, 05:00:40 PM »
The people that take every opportunity to criticise him saying it’s only because of the people that keep undeservingly hyping him up.

The people that keep hyping up cumberland saying it’s only because of the people that criticise him at every turn.

It a a real chicken/egg scenario going on here that doesn’t do anyone any favours.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2024, 07:47:26 AM »
Seriously, wtf has Cumberland shown this year to warrant selection over Mansell?   Yze rates Mansell, I think he knows more than all of us combined who should be selected

What has Cumberland got to do with mansell?

Like praise mansell when he has a good game but what is the need to poo on Cumberland or bring him up at all while doing so.
Cumberland has shown stuff all apart from his first few games. He is a lazy player and doesn't have team first attitude

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2024, 07:56:33 AM »
Do you get a kick out of seeing him play poorly?

How does that benefit the club you support if a young player doesn’t make it?
Early days I was ambivalent about Cumberland. But the more I watched him especially in the VFL the more I was convinced of his deficiencies in crucial aspects most importantly his selfishness and inability to work hard off the ball. It's not just me that thinks this way but the selection committee continues to overlook him for players that have less in terms of X factor but more in application and consistency. Dime a dozen lazy player that has great potential but isn't prepared to work on his deficiencies.

If Cumbersome wants a successful career in the AFL he needs to pull his head out of his arse and consistently produce what the coaches want from him. His natural footy ability will take care of itself and he will be a great addition to any team. Otherwise he can continue with the way he's going and he'll end up being a legend captain/coach @ Mooroochydore FC.

What makes me laugh is that many Cumberland supporters were regularly bemoaning the fact that Mansell and others were playing games ahead of him. I never had intentions to compare him with Mansell but this forum is what forced me into it. The reaction is hilarious.

I'd pick Mansell types over Cumberland types every single time.

Well said :cheers Cumberland understands what he needs to do so it's up to him, it always has been. Not sure he gets picked up by another team at the end of the year either. He is on the clock as time is running out.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2024, 11:17:47 AM »
Seriously, wtf has Cumberland shown this year to warrant selection over Mansell?   Yze rates Mansell, I think he knows more than all of us combined who should be selected

What has Cumberland got to do with mansell?

Like praise mansell when he has a good game but what is the need to poo on Cumberland or bring him up at all while doing so.
Cumberland has shown stuff all apart from his first few games. He is a lazy player and doesn't have team first attitude

I asked what Cumberland has to do with Mansell and all you’ve done in your response is crap on Cumberland  :huh

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2024, 06:30:07 PM »

Early days I was ambivalent about Cumberland. But the more I watched him especially in the VFL the more I was convinced of his deficiencies in crucial aspects most importantly his selfishness and inability to work hard off the ball. It's not just me that thinks this way but the selection committee continues to overlook him for players that have less in terms of X factor but more in application and consistency. Dime a dozen lazy player that has great potential but isn't prepared to work on his deficiencies.

If Cumbersome wants a successful career in the AFL he needs to pull his head out of his arse and consistently produce what the coaches want from him. His natural footy ability will take care of itself and he will be a great addition to any team. Otherwise he can continue with the way he's going and he'll end up being a legend captain/coach @ Mooroochydore FC.

What makes me laugh is that many Cumberland supporters were regularly bemoaning the fact that Mansell and others were playing games ahead of him. I never had intentions to compare him with Mansell but this forum is what forced me into it. The reaction is hilarious.

Well said :cheers Cumberland understands what he needs to do so it's up to him, it always has been. Not sure he gets picked up by another team at the end of the year either. He is on the clock as time is running out.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2024, 06:34:59 PM »

LMAO -  Heckle gets a cheers from Jeckle..... :joker :propeller :joker

I was going with the Tweedledee and Tweedledum

But wasn’t sure which was which

As for Cumberland knowing what is required to get a game … I’m sure he will be working on running around in circles and managing to be where the ball isn’t .. because it got the kiwi a game

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2024, 07:54:58 PM »

LMAO -  Heckle gets a cheers from Jeckle..... :joker :propeller :joker

I was going with the Tweedledee and Tweedledum

But wasn’t sure which was which

As for Cumberland knowing what is required to get a game … I’m sure he will be working on running around in circles and managing to be where the ball isn’t .. because it got the kiwi a game

Updated the post in the end as I doubted anyone here under 50 would get the original reference..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.