Author Topic: Shaun Grigg has announced his retirement, effective immediately [merged]  (Read 3132 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Too bad, was looking forward to him coming back into the side come finals to add some experience and run. A very good accumulator of possessions with questionable disposal by foot but obviously a great club man.  Good luck Shaun and let's hope your sons are absolute superstars.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Congratulations Grigga  on a good carer

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Just a great clubman. A premiership player and premiership ruckman!

Thank you Grigga!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I don't know how you can watch that retirement speech and not get emotional . The club is brilliant.
Unleash the tornado

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Wish him all the best for the future and thank him for his role in getting us a premiership.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
He is a Tigers premiership player who helped end the misery and made me feel like a kid again for a glorious moment so he is awesome.  All the best Grigga!
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
his legend grows
 :thumbsup

A bit too much figjam for my liking.

65 (from hospital recovering from influenza & pneumonia)

Sorry if I confused anyone but I wasn't talking about Grigg.
It must of been pretty bad if your in hospital.
I hope you get well soon ‘65. All the best.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Please don't take away from Grigga's retirement with this.

I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
We traded him in for Andrew Collins from memory so a massive win for us. Premiership ruckman with a great tank. His kicking was hearts in mouth stuff but he was instrumental in getting us off the bottom of the ladder. All the best to Grigg

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
Invaluable contribution to one of the greatest days in this clubs history and one of the best days of my life!  :clapping

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
Well done Grigg.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Invaluable contribution to one of the greatest days in this clubs history and one of the best days of my life!  :clapping
X2  :clapping

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Thank you Grigga
Premiership Rickman, midfielder and part time helicopter kicker :shh
Never wouldve thought when he came to us how his career would look when it's done but his done done an excellent job
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
Grigga, one of those wonderful players that you see week in week out and just expect to keep on seeing and enjoying to watch.
Good luck Grigga and thanks for the memories on a great career.
Cheers big fella  :clapping :cheers
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Not one of my favourite players to watch but there is no doubting that he was really well liked by his teammates which generally means he is a good fella.

By the way Jack was talking tonight on AFL360, Grigg will have plenty of offers from footy clubs for coaching rolls if he decides to go down that path.
Jack said he was the smartest player he had ever played with and I have heard similar from Chris Newman in the past.
That is just about the best thing any teammate could say about you if you are looking to stay in footy when your time is up as a player.

Will he potentially become an AFL coach one day??

Good luck to him on whatever he does and he will always been known as a Tigers Premiership player.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 08:56:28 AM by big tone »