Author Topic: 2021 Draft thread  (Read 121837 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2021 Draft thread
« Reply #330 on: October 11, 2021, 09:11:20 AM »
Looks like he has strong hips. Need an extractor like that

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #331 on: October 11, 2021, 09:31:39 AM »
Yeah he looks solid.

And we definitely need an inside beast.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #332 on: October 11, 2021, 10:32:39 AM »
Yeah he looks solid.

And we definitely need an inside beast.

Yes, and one that can reliably get the ball.

Despite all of Grahams tackling ability he doesn't consistently find the pill yet. Still valuable but we need 1-2 blokes who are going to get 25-30 touches and actually win some clearances.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #333 on: October 11, 2021, 10:33:09 AM »
BEST INSIDE MIDFIELDER IN THE DRAFT!!

Ben Hobbs 2021 Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR01R69wTog

Gold Coast bound.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: October 11, 2021, 10:56:22 AM »
Slow as treacle

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #335 on: October 11, 2021, 11:10:38 AM »
Slow as treacle

Doesn't matter.

Prestias not exactly quick either.

Nor was Jobe Watson but he was a midfield bull and clearance king (even prior to being a druggo).

Just need a fat ass and strong hips. Keep those arms up and get the ball out to guys like Edwards.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #336 on: October 11, 2021, 11:26:00 AM »
Sam Mitchell was slow too.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #337 on: October 11, 2021, 11:42:34 AM »
Funny year, if he gets through they will likely jump in him, what’s the chance though.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #338 on: October 11, 2021, 12:10:29 PM »
Slow as treacle

Doesn't matter.

Nor was Jobe Watson but he was a midfield bull and clearance king (even prior to being a druggo).

Just need a fat ass and strong hips. Keep those arms up and get the ball out to guys like Edwards.

Slow players rarely make it ... only very few can get away with that type of deficiency. We cant risk an early pick on that type of risk. If he had some burst away from the contest hed be a great get byt he hasnt got it.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: October 11, 2021, 01:32:11 PM »
Slow as treacle

Doesn't matter.

Slow players rarely make it ... only very few can get away with that type of deficiency. We cant risk an early pick on that type of risk. If he had some burst away from the contest hed be a great get byt he hasnt got it.

Know who else has always been considered slow? Jack Riewoldt.

I know what you're saying though...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #340 on: October 11, 2021, 11:09:30 PM »
A couple of different 'guesses' from BF's draft watchers.

Quote from: Davo-27
1. Coll - Nick Daicos (bid)
2. NM - Jason Horne-Francis
3. WB - Sam Darcy (bid)
4. GWS - Mac Andrew
5. GC - Finn Callaghan
6. Adel - Hobbs/Ward/Erasmus (maybe keen on Rachele)
7. Haw - Hobbs/Ward/Erasmus
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/davo-27s-2021-u18-draft-thread.1252633/page-26#post-72583748

Quote from: blueiris
1.JHF-North Melbourne
2.Darcy-bid/GWS Match-WB
3.Andrew-GWS
4.Daicos-bid/GCS- Match Collingwood
5.Gibcus-GCS
6.Callaghan-Adelaide
7.Goater-Hawthorn
8.Erasmus-Fremantle
9.Hobbs-Richmond
10-Amiss-Fremantle
11.Ward-StKilda
12.Johnson-Westcoast
13.Sonsie-Essendon
14.Chesser-Sydney
15.Sinn-GWS
16.VanRooyen-Brisbane Lions
17.Rachele-Richmond
18.Roberts-Port
19.-Draper-Melbourne
20.Wanganeen Milera-Brisbane Lions
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2021-draft-predictions.1282824/post-72569670

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #341 on: October 11, 2021, 11:18:02 PM »
Matt Rendell is now claiming Gold Coast will take Callaghan at Pick 3. They did have interest in Hobbs but have now settled on Callaghan. GWS still keen on Andrew at Pick 2.

--------------------------------------------

After the Vic Metro NAB AFL Draft Combine was postponed on Sunday, the boys still got to work! 🏃‍♂️⏱

Using Strava, all those invited to the Combine (excluding injured players) recorded themselves running a two-kilometre Time Trial.

Here are the Top 6! 🔥🔥

https://twitter.com/NABLeague/status/1447444969506041856

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #342 on: October 12, 2021, 02:32:04 PM »
From Foxsports' live chat:

Q: Who do u think in a draft regard gws Gold Coast and Richmond take with there first picks?

Ben Waterworth: I'd say mac Andrew at Giants and Callaghan at Suns.
                             Tigers I reckon would probably want best mid and Erasmus could fall around that pick

Q: anyway for richmond to replace houli at this point ben? tarrant for astbury is great but houli hurts with no clear replacement

Ben Waterworth: There's a few good half-back options at the draft. Darcy Wilmot and Campbell Chesser fall around 15 (down to 17)

Q: If Ward and Callaghan are off the board, will Hawks take Hobbs or Rachele or Erasmus?

Ben Waterworth: I don't think they need a Hobbs type. Rachele I reckon would suit them as that exciting, maximuim damage small forward. But if they want a well-rounded on-baller, Erasmus might be next best

Q: Hi Ben , if as seems Andrew to GWS , Rachele to Adelaide or Freo , Erasmus ,Amiss and Wanganeen coming into the top 10 now someone has to slide to saints at 11 based on sides likely needs could Ward or Hobbs drop that… more

Ben Waterworth: I would say it's unlikiely. I'd be surprised if Amiss was taken before Ward or Hobbs, so too Wanganeen-Milera

Q: Could Wanganeen-Milera go at pick 4 to Adelaide?

Ben Waterworth: He's a bolter no doubt, but that's too early for mine

Q: Freo to take Wanganeen-Milera at 6 or 8?

Ben Waterworth: Reckon 8 is a bout right (considering that'll likely turn into 10)

Q: North: Horne-Francis, GWS: Andrew, Gold Coast: Callaghan, Adelaide: Rachele and Hawthorn: Ward. Thoughts?

Ben Waterworth: That's how I read it at this stage, but so much time still

Q: who could be a steal in the draft this year?

Ben Waterworth: Tyler Sonsie likely to slide. But boy if he gets a good run with injury, he has top-five talent and could be a ripper pick-up

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/department-of-trade/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-2021-trade-blog-and-live-chat-for-october-12-trade-targets-deals-remaining-updates-bobby-hill-essendon/news-story/1a7e723149bfe2d9029fadd3e155362c

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #343 on: October 13, 2021, 12:13:56 PM »
Q: Ben Hobbs or Josh Ward?

Ben Waterworth: Hobbs is your classic insde mid but a VERY good one at that, Ward has a few more tricks. I'd probably take Hobbs

Ben Waterworth: Yea I'm a fan [of Hobbs]. Excluding one match where he got injured, he averaged 29.2 disposals, 6.2 clearances and kicked 0.8 goals in the NAB League. But Hobbs was arguably more impressive in the trial matches, averaging 31.5 disposals and 1.5 goals from those two games.

Q: What pick does Finn Callahan go. I hear the hawks are desperate to trade up and try and get him

Ben Waterworth: Can't see him sliding past the Suns at this stage.

Q: Will Josh Rachele be available for the Dockers around any of their first 2 picks? I heard the Dockers have interest in him. I'd take him with one of the Dockers first 2 picks as he is a game winner.

Ben Waterworth: yes the Bushrangers talent manager said both Freo and Eagles had enquired about Rachele. Strong chance he will be, but heard Crows have some interest

Q: Who are the first 10 to be picked in the Draft ?

Ben Waterworth: I'll give you my top 10 power rankings (not assigned to clubs): Horne-Francis, Daicos, Darcy, Callaghan, Andrew, Ward, Hobbs, Rachele, Gibcus, Erasmus

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-2021-trade-blog-and-live-chat-deadline-day-deals-remaining-trades-latest-news-and-updates/news-story/3b85a19d829bbd8fceeaca201428dd5d

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #344 on: October 13, 2021, 12:48:30 PM »
Warming to Hobbs ..would still prefer Rachelle, Ward, NWM or Erasmus though and still think 7(9) is overs for a type of player we easily can get later - probably a couple, might be slightly below Hobbs level but good enough to win the ball & feed it out  ...getting 9 (11) from the 'Aints would be ideal as we could probably snag both Hobbs and one of the aforementioned others.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.