Author Topic: Drafting tall this year.  (Read 2797 times)

Offline evaluator

• Future Richmond star
Drafting tall this year.
« on: June 27, 2007, 02:56:05 PM »
With Hall, Gaspar, Kingsley, Bowden, P, gone it should mean 4 blokes drafted 194-196cm, with the potential to play forward and back. And with Knobel and Graham gone it should mean 2-3 blokes over 200cm.  :thumbsup  ;D

not including trades.  ;)

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
Re: Drafting tall this year.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 09:23:58 AM »
Why would Graham be gone?

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 10:57:07 AM »
Why would Graham be gone?
You can only stay on a list as a rookie for 2 years, then you have to be delisted.

So I think he'll be gone, then re-listed as a rookie again anyway.  :rollin
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 03:19:25 PM »
Only problem with that theory is that this draft is supposedly pretty ordinary for KPPs. Rucks we should be able to go a long way to building a long-term ruck division that we've lacked for so long. But talls, there just don't seem to be that many, at least not stand-outs. What talls we get will more likely be later round selections.

What would be nice would be to see another tall on the rookie list. IMO our rookie list should always have:

1 ruckman
1 inside midfielder (ala Foley)
1 KPP (preferably a defender)

and with whatever spots are left Terry can have his athletic flankers or whatever else he desires.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 04:03:07 PM »
dont think the draft will be a huge emphisis this yr

we have a very young  list as it is, we will draft no doubt, but i have a feeling we will trade hard at yrs end and try and add quality and experience to our list

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 06:24:04 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised either X if we do play hard during trade week. We're down the bottom of the ladder and have leverage with our PSD pick and hopefully a priority pick. Joel moving onto the vets list and only half his salary counting towards our cap will free us some dollars as well. However with a few on our list already or just about gone, we'll have to use draft picks to replace them. 

What would be nice would be to see another tall on the rookie list. IMO our rookie list should always have:

1 ruckman
1 inside midfielder (ala Foley)
1 KPP (preferably a defender)

and with whatever spots are left Terry can have his athletic flankers or whatever else he desires.
Agree jezza. Kingy on current form will be promoted to the senior list at year's end while Cam and Gus are iffy with their 2 years up. So we should have a few spots on our rookie list to add a young KPP.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 08:47:49 PM »

I don't think we can re draft him as rookie - others Clubs yep - RFC nope

I think they will keep him - invested alot of time in the kid and it is slowly starting to pay dividends
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 11:18:29 PM »

I don't think we can re draft him as rookie - others Clubs yep - RFC nope

I think they will keep him - invested alot of time in the kid and it is slowly starting to pay dividends

Bugger.  I said what you did on BigFooty and some guy corrected me with what I said there so I was hoping on that.   :(

Tough call to make then . . .  :scream
EAT EM ALIVE!

Ramps

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 12:47:08 AM »
If we want a key position player then Morton is a big show early on although Kreuzer in my opinion is a full forward/centre half forward in AFL rather than a ruckman.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 02:32:29 PM »
not a great year for KPP, but good for rucks, should get at least 1 or 2

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 05:26:34 PM »
If we want a key position player then Morton is a big show early on although Kreuzer in my opinion is a full forward/centre half forward in AFL rather than a ruckman.

disagree.

Looks a ruckman. Has the height of a ruckman 200cm? and is still growing.

Is a natural ruckman. Look at his TAC hitout (about 30 a game IIRC)

Doesn't have the speed to be a full-time KPP but good at drifting forward or pinch-hitting

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 06:09:17 PM »
i believe we need:

2 ruckman
2 chb
2 chf

6 Talls ...

Hall, Tivendale, Kingsley, Hyde, Knoble, Moore, P Bowden, Graham, Hartigan, Gaspar ... GONE !!! (10)

4 smalls !!!

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 12:26:08 PM »
Just remember that turning over 9 senior list players means we're replacing them with very, very late draft picks.

Ramps

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 03:47:27 PM »
After what I just saw on TV i wouldnt be drafting past the 3rd round of the draft.

Natanui is a star in the making but isnt eligable.

Kreuzer tried, very mobile, hes a full forward, he got cleaned up by Natanui. I like his mobility, worthy 1 to 3 selection.

Cotchin was no where. Got absolutely trounced. Couldnt break a tag, didnt exhibit any pace, didnt show anything. Dropped out of the top 3 for mine.

Morton is a star. 192cm. Fantastic disposal by foot. Fantastic backing back in defence. Good Mark. Great decision making. Now vying with Kreuzer for No 1 position.

Sampey is a good player. Somewhere between 10 and 20 in the draft. 3rd Tall. Knows how to play footy. Straigtened his team up.

Rance is my smoky for Richmond at 17 or 18. Played mainly in defence, great run and link up from defence at times, Rance will be ok.

Palmer killed them and probably ensured hed get drafted. Hes a pick 20 to pick 30 player for mine, we have plenty like him.

Masten is great with his hands, not sure about kicking. Took his time getting into the action. Need to see more.

Gourdis didnt impress me much

Maric is a forward pocket, good shot at goal maybe can take a turn in the middle down the track, will probably get drafted because I think if VM and WA are the 2 best sides then its a poor draft past 35.

Yarran Not eligible

Venturini didnt do much, some nice poise at times needs to do more.

Most of the others - No

So for mine.

We are now down to 2. Kreuzer and Morton.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 04:00:07 PM »
cotchin, overrrated, when the heat was on he went missing, played well in teh 1st quarter and went to sleep

kruezer, would not waste no1 or 1st pick on him, was beaten by a fijian Natanui who is not even eligible yet

ok, palmer by what i saw is def no1 pick, masten no1, sampey no3, and WA have a few kids who are still under age who cream over our vic kids

thin draft this yr, not much depth and quality, we must focus hard on good  trades cos we wont get much from this yrs draft.

hope we get palmer or masten