Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 227953 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2014, 11:10:53 PM »
Lennon will be fine, he dominated vfl ea week just quietly , rarely under 25 touches

Liston votes for Richmond below.

Must have been dominating very quietly. You just can't help but talk complete nonsense at times.

Just utterly wrong.

Player TOTAL
R. Young 8
A. Miles 8
O. Stephenson 6
L. McBean 4
N. Batsanis 4
N. Wynne 3
S. Lloyd 3
A. Edwards 3
S. Grigg 3
B. Griffiths 2
D. Jackson 1
R. McGough 1
R. Petterd 1
M. Thomas 1
Lennon still needs to work on his deficiencies but he did reach 20 or more disposals in 8 of his 11 VFL games this year.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=193710755&client=1-3020-150493-294692-20320287&ocompID=294692

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2014, 11:23:34 PM »
I've moved the Lennon discussion in the trade rumours thread to here.

the claw

« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2014, 11:26:08 PM »
supposed to become a mid. i dont see it atm.another case of taking a type and hoping to tunit into another type altogether.ffs there was plenty of very good actual mids there to be had and we turned our noses up at em.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #228 on: September 19, 2014, 12:08:21 AM »
Lennon will be fine, he dominated vfl ea week just quietly , rarely under 25 touches

Liston votes for Richmond below.

Must have been dominating very quietly. You just can't help but talk complete nonsense at times.

Just utterly wrong.

Player TOTAL
R. Young 8
A. Miles 8
O. Stephenson 6
L. McBean 4
N. Batsanis 4
N. Wynne 3
S. Lloyd 3
A. Edwards 3
S. Grigg 3
B. Griffiths 2
D. Jackson 1
R. McGough 1
R. Petterd 1
M. Thomas 1
Go back over the RFC vfl reports bucko, Geoff Raines was once fav for brownlow and didn't poll a vote , as if I'd use the Liston as the benchmark. And how many games did he play exactly , was it 8 or 9 . You speak nonsense , rubbish, call it what u will  :shh

Went over the VFL stats Bucko.

11 games ... Under 25 possessions in 8 of them ..

That aint rarely champ ...

I'm not saying Lennon cant play. More just pointing out your dribble.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2014, 05:41:12 PM »
I wasn't too concerned when I saw him nail Martin with a pass lace out that he stuffed up then recovered in closing minutes of the crows win , Lennon will be fine, he dominated vfl ea week just quietly , rarely under 25 touches
I tend to agree, he did have a very good second half of the year in the twos.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2014, 05:46:37 PM »
supposed to become a mid. i dont see it atm.another case of taking a type and hoping to tunit into another type altogether.ffs there was plenty of very good actual mids there to be had and we turned our noses up at em.
Recon he will end up a leading 3rd forward. A good size kid that reads the ball well and has fantastic skills and is pretty handy over head.
Needs to get a bit stronger over the ball but that's a concern of most 18 year olds. Looking forward to seeing him improve over the next couple of years.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #231 on: September 19, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »
That's coz he wasn't recruited as a mid at all, was recruited as a high , marking hFF ....don't manipulate the facts to suit your own twisted misery  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #232 on: September 19, 2014, 09:20:43 PM »
i dont want a pick 12 to be nothing but a forward. reckon hes capable of playing for/back and   mid in time. lets hope he bocomes a real damaging mid as his primary role.
in the mean time with a kick on him like he has lets start him on a hbf. best place for newbies to learn the caper imo if they have the skills.
just for you little bo peep.

i dont see him spending much time in the midfield. im sure the club s hoping like mad his primary function in time is as a mid.in fact i know they said this.
but hey you could be right im used to seeing francis recruit nothing but flankers with decent picks :o

if we wanted a mid we should have targeted one instead of taking a flanker and hoping to turn him into a mid. theres no need to get all defensive because valid concerns are voiced. your good at smelling roses id suggest you stick to smelling them  and ignore the critiques as it seems you dont handle em too well.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 01:38:00 PM by the claw »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2014, 10:06:33 PM »

No room

Thats houlis spot 

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #234 on: September 19, 2014, 10:23:54 PM »
Tony_M
Thinking about it a bit further, is he worth our first pick? We know what we are getting and that's pretty good.  Would definitely help our midfield from day one.
If you had the choose today, would you take him or Lennon?
The tops teams definitely wouldn't mind using their first rounder on him IMO.

I'd take him over lennon no problem(not sold on lennon tbh) and yep I would give up our first rounder for him. Think he's a very talented player that's already shown he can play at a high standard.
Yer tend to agree on Lennon but I have seen some nice things from him. Recon he is an elite kick and more importantly decision maker. Really hope he comes good because he could be really great to watch. A little Lids like I recon, never going to be hard but will be silky.
Mitchell for our first pick I'd be happy with but keeping our first pick and getting Mitchell as well is where we should be aiming.
How good are Sydney when a bloke like this cannot even get a game. What hope do we have??

I agree about Lennon, can see his qualities but Im a little concerned  - I don't know if its bc he just not ready physically but its concerning seeing a top draft pick seem so far off the pace and timing of the game. Usually they adjust pretty quickly - he just never looked comfortable - almost, dare I say it Watts and tambling like. I really hope its just a conditioning thing that will go once he gets a full preseason under the belt, but yeah Im concerned.

TM this is nonsense.

Watts was a gun junior as was Tambling. Tamblings first game was his bestm still remember him running through the centre square and kicking a goal from 50 in our silver jumper in the NAB cup.

The kid is 18. eff me.
Go Tigers!

tony_montana

« Reply #235 on: September 19, 2014, 10:30:57 PM »
Tony_M
Thinking about it a bit further, is he worth our first pick? We know what we are getting and that's pretty good.  Would definitely help our midfield from day one.
If you had the choose today, would you take him or Lennon?
The tops teams definitely wouldn't mind using their first rounder on him IMO.

I'd take him over lennon no problem(not sold on lennon tbh) and yep I would give up our first rounder for him. Think he's a very talented player that's already shown he can play at a high standard.
Yer tend to agree on Lennon but I have seen some nice things from him. Recon he is an elite kick and more importantly decision maker. Really hope he comes good because he could be really great to watch. A little Lids like I recon, never going to be hard but will be silky.
Mitchell for our first pick I'd be happy with but keeping our first pick and getting Mitchell as well is where we should be aiming.
How good are Sydney when a bloke like this cannot even get a game. What hope do we have??

I agree about Lennon, can see his qualities but Im a little concerned  - I don't know if its bc he just not ready physically but its concerning seeing a top draft pick seem so far off the pace and timing of the game. Usually they adjust pretty quickly - he just never looked comfortable - almost, dare I say it Watts and tambling like. I really hope its just a conditioning thing that will go once he gets a full preseason under the belt, but yeah Im concerned.

TM this is nonsense.

Watts was a gun junior as was Tambling. Tamblings first game was his bestm still remember him running through the centre square and kicking a goal from 50 in our silver jumper in the NAB cup.

The kid is 18. eff me.

Learn to comprehend pope

What you're saying is what I touched on, sometimes talented juniors have trouble stepping up to afl level, tambling and watts had all the skills but at afl level they look(ed) off the pace and just couldn't grasp the speed of the game. Even now Watts looks like a stunned mullet - no urgency. Im just stating that is my concern with lennon at this stage - has looked well off the pace this season, moreso than any other first round draft pick we've had since dare I say it - Tambling. Like I said hope Im wrong and its just a severe lack of conditioning given its his first season

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2014, 10:52:24 PM »
Planned development year for Silk, we don't have to rush the kids anymore

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2014, 10:59:38 PM »
We got pros like Grigg in the seniors

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #238 on: September 19, 2014, 11:15:32 PM »
TM, the majority of games he played as the sub. Can give an 18 year old with a handful of career games coming on as a sub some slack.

His goal from the 4th row from his first kick in AFL and his goal assist to Dusty vs Adelaide suggest he'll be OK. I'd say he's going OK for a kid, regardless of where he was picked in the draft.

Save your concerns for our depth of B Graders with 10 times the game experience as Ben yet show no more talent than him and we keep them on the list.
Go Tigers!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #239 on: September 22, 2014, 03:11:42 PM »
I'm with TM, could be a good player but worried he just looks too far off the pace as an early pick. Will he grasp it? Who knows