Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 227111 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2014, 06:58:28 AM »
Good luck to him. Lets hope he is not the sub. Lets hope they play him in the forward line.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2014, 08:04:15 AM »
Good luck ben, can play a bit this kid :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2014, 08:13:23 AM »
I have found myself question the RFC more this year than I ever have. It's not just because we have been loosing because we have done that a lot over the last 30 odd years but it's because of some of it's really strange decisions in match committee.
Playing blokes that almost all would agree need to have a run in the twos. For me personally I can handle watching young kids make mistakes out there while they are learning but I can take watching blokes run around and not really give a sh$t what happens.
But what I am happy with is the way we haven't panicked and rushed in kids that maybe were not quite ready. Lennon seems to have improve each week since has has come back from his injury and is deserving of his game this week. I wish the kid well and hope he turns out as good as our last first round draft pick.
IMO we need an injection of enthusiasm and I think Lennon could help with this. I also wanted to see Miles this week but that's another story.
I just hope Dimma starts him on the ground and keeps him there. Let the kid get the feel of the game early and let him work into it. Elite kids like him pick up the pace pretty quickly.
Pretty excited about seeing what he has to offer.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2014, 10:03:09 AM »
after making finals last year and currently well outside the 8, id rather finish outside the 8 giving 15 odd development games to the likes of Lennon, Miles, Arnott, McBean et al than just scrape into the 8 off the mediocrity of Vickery, Foley, Pettard and Grigg.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2014, 10:12:52 AM »
Hopefully his elite kicking stands up to the rigours of senior footy. Looking forward to seeing how he goes.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2014, 10:14:25 AM »
I feel he is not ready yet
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2014, 11:01:01 AM »
I feel he is not ready yet
Probably correct PM but the best way to bring them up to speed to senior footy is to get senior games under their belt. You have to go through pain to get gains...
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2014, 08:01:53 PM »
Not always, some players you can shatter their confidence by playing them before they are ready and really set their development back.

In saying that, you'd hope that early picks would not fall into that catagory
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2014, 08:04:44 PM »
Not always, some players you can shatter their confidence by playing them before they are ready and really set their development back.

In tricky situations I always ask "what would WAT do?".

Hope this helps you all.

the claw

« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2014, 08:05:15 PM »
after making finals last year and currently well outside the 8, id rather finish outside the 8 giving 15 odd development games to the likes of Lennon, Miles, Arnott, McBean et al than just scrape into the 8 off the mediocrity of Vickery, Foley, Pettard and Grigg.
reckon you speak for most us with that dookster.

tony_montana

« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2014, 08:05:38 PM »
aye

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2014, 08:11:34 PM »
Not me, I'd rather make the finals. Life is too short, I'd go and I'd have 20 beers and you never know what might happen. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2014, 08:13:33 PM »

In tricky situations I always ask "what would WAT do?".

Hope this helps you all.

:lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2014, 10:30:55 PM »
Dimma on Lennon:

"He’s a terrific talent but he’s had to work on his game. He probably would have been in the picture come Round 1 but he hurt his knee in a NAB Cup game. So he’s had to go back and learn a few things defensively. We like the ability for him to play back and forward.  He’s an uncanny goalsneak as well, good mark, outstanding kick. He’s going to be a good player for us for a long period of time. Defensively is an area where most kids come in and they’re a little bit lax.  Ben was no different to that and he certainly learned a few things down back that will hold him in good stead for this week’s game."

Read more and the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-05-16/lennon-goes-back-to-go-forward#sthash.XtjN8daO.dpuf

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2014, 01:09:00 AM »
Not me, I'd rather make the finals. Life is too short, I'd go and I'd have 20 beers and you never know what might happen. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Wrong again.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018