Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 227108 times)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #285 on: March 07, 2015, 07:53:30 AM »
IMO If in time he cant play thru the midfield as an almost permanent fixture  he wont make it. oh stuff it ill call it as i see it. slow, cant find enough of his own  ball,  soft. three major concerns. those of you who will come on here now and defend him,  tell me what attributes he has to offset these things and what role does his attributes allow him to play.

What attributes does he have ?.  Main ones are age and time.  Gee he is still a kid. Anybody who comented on some players at this stage of a career could end up looking stupid.  Take Rance for an example.  Oh wait.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #286 on: March 07, 2015, 08:42:11 AM »
Actually we just need another forward, any stuffing size, who can reliably kick 40+ goals per year.

When was the last time we had two blokes average 2+ goals/game for a whole year??

Did Nathan G Brown and Richardson manage it??

:clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #287 on: March 07, 2015, 09:16:34 AM »
IMO If in time he cant play thru the midfield as an almost permanent fixture  he wont make it. oh stuff it ill call it as i see it. slow, cant find enough of his own  ball,  soft. three major concerns. those of you who will come on here now and defend him,  tell me what attributes he has to offset these things and what role does his attributes allow him to play.
I think you will find that the hip problem has slowed him down. That will take several more months to improve.
The guy has talent. He just needs time.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stylo

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #288 on: March 07, 2015, 12:38:49 PM »

He certainly doesn't have trouble finding the pill claw. Got consistently high numbers in the VFL last year.

I agree he's slow but he's more of a distributer than a runner.

The softness is a concern though.

tony_montana

« Reply #289 on: March 07, 2015, 01:51:46 PM »
Big year for him - obviously not expecting him to set the world on fire, but hoping to see some good signs bc as of right now, (imo)the only thing hes shown is he's a good kick of the footy - that's it. Needs to show more.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #290 on: March 07, 2015, 02:05:53 PM »
I reckon this kid is going to be all class sometime over the next few years. Mitchell-esque in the way he doesn't need pace just insane skills to go with a good football brain. Although he will be more of a forward/fill in midfielder unlike Mitchell

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #291 on: March 07, 2015, 07:01:08 PM »
I reckon this kid is going to be all class sometime over the next few years. Mitchell-esque in the way he doesn't need pace just insane skills to go with a good football brain. Although he will be more of a forward/fill in midfielder unlike Mitchell

Mitchell oozes courage.

One of the gutsiest players in the competition

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #292 on: March 07, 2015, 07:43:25 PM »

ffs the kid had knee surgery at the start of last year..

he avg 25 possies a game in TAC,  so he can find the pill. during the carnival he avg 28 with 60% contested.  plays a very similar game as goddard.

im starting to think you just make stuff up for the sake of laying into players or coaches or anything at all concerning richmond..
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:52:02 PM by one-eyed »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #293 on: March 07, 2015, 10:34:54 PM »

What attributes does he have ?.  Main ones are age and time.  Gee he is still a kid. Anybody who comented on some players at this stage of a career could end up looking stupid.  Take Rance for an example.  Oh wait.
lol age and time are not attributes fluffy one. like rance im just pointing out a few things he doesnt do too well. my main concern is he is not a mid or his game wont translate to being a afl mid.
like rance i havent written him off just pointed out a few home truths. 
for the record i maintain alex rance was very ordinary in several areas for his first 4 yrs.  im big enough to admit hes significantly improved in those areas.
are we not allowed to critcise our players.

lennon may use the ball real well but i havent seen a thing to say he will win his own ball and hes awfully soft. hes also  awfully slow which is the biggest  concern.
to hear lade suggest he will play back is a huge worry as well. can we really afford to play a dinosaur in the back half. ffs chaplin astbury houli newman btchelor even vlastuin none are quick. and they intend to add lennon. doesnt add up to me.
i will say though and say i was wrong concerning his weight. he has had good gains and starts the yr at 84kg which is very close to where he needs to get.

yep ben lennon has so much he needs to work on now thats a criticism so dont take it as him being written off. like rance he may well turn some things around but until he does the critiques are justified imo. most of our players i criticise never ever turn a thing around.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #294 on: March 07, 2015, 10:42:52 PM »

he avg 25 possies a game in TAC,  so he can find the pill. during the carnival he avg 28 with 60% contested.  plays a very similar game as goddard.

im starting to think you just make stuff up for the sake of laying into players or coaches or anything at all concerning richmond..
gotta say these over the top reactions are hilarious.i take it from this reaction ben lennopn has no weaknesses and if he does we should not be discussing them.
for me hes been a very disappointing first rnd pick to date. in saying that im more than happy to jusdge him in 3 yrs time but in the mean time i will criticise him and voice what i see as his weaknesses.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:52:25 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #295 on: March 07, 2015, 10:48:56 PM »

lol age and time are not attributes fluffy one. like rance im just pointing out a few things he doesnt do too well. my main concern is he is not a mid or his game wont translate to being a afl mid.
like rance i havent written him off just pointed out a few home truths. 
for the record i maintain alex rance was very ordinary in several areas for his first 4 yrs.  im big enough to admit hes significantly improved in those areas.
are we not allowed to critcise our players.

lennon may use the ball real well but i havent seen a thing to say he will win his own ball and hes awfully soft. hes also  awfully slow which is the biggest  concern.
to hear lade suggest he will play back is a huge worry as well. can we really afford to play a dinosaur in the back half. ffs chaplin astbury houli newman btchelor even vlastuin none are quick. and they intend to add lennon. doesnt add up to me.
i will say though and say i was wrong concerning his weight. he has had good gains and starts the yr at 84kg which is very close to where he needs to get.

yep ben lennon has so much he needs to work on now thats a criticism so dont take it as him being written off. like rance he may well turn some things around but until he does the critiques are justified imo.
I'm concerned too, rather that I wasn't.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: March 07, 2015, 11:22:52 PM »
claw, do you rate anybody at the club highly?

He's played five games, and I think he was the sub quite a bit yeah?

Once he puts more weight on (in the right areas - IE LEGS) and develops physically (properly develops, not just slamming on summer-muscle) he will get quicker. Just needs to build some strength in the quads etc.

Don't need to be quick to be effective. Realistically the HBF/Wing should have been Matt White's. Epic F-U by RFC.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #297 on: March 07, 2015, 11:37:25 PM »

Once he puts more weight on (in the right areas - IE LEGS) and develops physically (properly develops, not just slamming on summer-muscle) he will get quicker. Just needs to build some strength in the quads etc.

Don't need to be quick to be effective. Realistically the HBF/Wing should have been Matt White's. Epic F-U by RFC.

No it wasn't, bit part player who makes a token appearance in highlight reels

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #298 on: March 07, 2015, 11:53:28 PM »

No it wasn't, bit part player who makes a token appearance in highlight reels

Need a bloke who can run and carry. White did a good job of that when told to do so. Wanted 2 years, offered 1, left.

Hampson, can tap in the ruck. Otherwise great for staring blankly and blankly staring. Offered 3 years.

Perspective...

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #299 on: March 08, 2015, 12:07:42 AM »

gotta say these over the top reactions are hilarious.i take it from this reaction ben lennopn has no weaknesses and if he does we should not be discussing them.
for me hes been a very disappointing first rnd pick to date. in saying that im more than happy to jusdge him in 3 yrs time but in the mean time i will criticise him and voice what i see as his weaknesses.
I agree with you, he won't make it. Has no standout attributes for mine
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH